This thread is privately moderated by BigRHS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 04, 2019, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My Drone Fleet

Here are some pics of my drone fleet.
I am just getting started and on;y have 5 but I plan to expand with a couple more in the next year. I started out with RC Planes back in the mid 80's and then decided I wanted to give helicopters a try and flew those through most of the 2000"s and got the itch to give ground RC a try. I wasn't as into the ground stuff and sold and traded all of it away
Now in the last year I decided to go with drones and have to say that I love the drones ( camera drones to be specific ) more than any of the other RC hobbies I have done with maybe the exception of helicopters...........maybe.
I love the versatility of the drones. I can fly for fun and sport or take some quality video and pics if I want. I also use them to keep an eye on my land, by checking out my fences and flying over my land to see if any trees are down. I also fly over my home to check out my gutters and roof to see if there are any issues.
Things I use to have to do by either walking, climbing a ladder and riding my ATV, which I am unable to do now because of 2 back surgeries and 3 knee surgeries and I am now looking at a complete shoulder joint replacement surgery soon.
The drones allow me to do a lot of the things that I would not be able to do now and have a blast doing it !
Right now I have a total of 5 drones. First I have the Little ProPel X03 which is a great little inexpensive drone to practice your flying inside without fear of breaking most anything inside. Days I want to fly but the weather does not allow it, I can fly these little drones and help with my skill level. They fly a lot like the bigger drones.
2nd is the MJX Bugs 5w which is a fun drone to fly and has a lot of features that some of the more expensive drones have but at a much lower cost. The camera is not the best, but it is good enough to get you into the world of camera drones without spending a lot of money.
I also have a Yuneec Mantis Q.
It is feature rich and the camera is actually pretty good, but it does not have a 2 or 3 axis gimbal to stabilize the video. You can minimize the moment with nice easy stick movements. It does have 4k resolution but is not digitally stabilized but the 1080p at 60fps res. is digitally stabilized.
Take this drone out of GPS mode and it will absolutely scoot ! Can be a handful that way, but a blast to fly !
My last drone is the the Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k. Just a very nice drone and a very nice camera platform ! With the CGO3 camera and 3 axis gimbal, it takes glass smooth video and awesome pics.
There are more expensive drones that may take better video and pics, but this drone can produce professional video and picture results. I really enjoy flying it just for fun too !
Thanks for looking !
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply