Thread Tools
Sep 24, 2021, 11:22 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS DUDE
Its in pieces now, im trying to fix all of the broken foam, the wing split in two, the nose took a huge thud so im pulling it out. Bro, it flew so well for a few moments then its like the power went off and I tried to recover. Yeup its too fast for me. I still have my trojan, balsa great planes electro, my s2 and my extra, but I had high hopes. I think I like tail draggers better, trikes are too finicky..Thanks for the thumbs bisco, Hey I saw GB Lyndon on a chat room he drinks champange and he has rockets and birds in his room. LOL! I got bored and split, but it was kind of cool. Im a beer man myself..
tail draggers for me too. i think you need a real runway for trikes. i can't even use the gear on my aeroscout, which has much bigger wheels, have to chuck it.
not a champagne guy, but do like my red wine and definitely good beer
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2021, 08:35 PM
This bird you cant change.
FMS DUDE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
not sure, i'll take a look. i don't recall ever having to fiddle with the throttle except on a glider jet where the motor wouldn't completely with the stick all the way down. it must have something to do with the esc.

what problem are you having?
I have the specktrum dx-6 3rd gen radio. My hobby shop said to trim my throttle trim button down to -100, I had the trim at 0, and I was wondering if thats too much juice for these motors. I have crashed my ranger 3 times because i reckon its getting too much juice, to rapid of a throttle response, should I click it back to 0 on the throttle trim switch?
Sep 24, 2021, 08:37 PM
This bird you cant change.
FMS DUDE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
tail draggers for me too. i think you need a real runway for trikes. i can't even use the gear on my aeroscout, which has much bigger wheels, have to chuck it.
not a champagne guy, but do like my red wine and definitely good beer
Hard runway, sounds like a plan. My huge trojan will need one. I use a sand baseball diamond for take offs and landing and its great, it handles the tough landings smoothly. My ranger does the same thing over and over, it flies great, then the speed seems to go up and I freak out, try to reduce the throttle and then its too late it shuts off, I try to recover, then splat..
Sep 25, 2021, 07:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS DUDE
I have the specktrum dx-6 3rd gen radio. My hobby shop said to trim my throttle trim button down to -100, I had the trim at 0, and I was wondering if thats too much juice for these motors. I have crashed my ranger 3 times because i reckon its getting too much juice, to rapid of a throttle response, should I click it back to 0 on the throttle trim switch?
when i turn the roller one screen to the right, (flight mode monitor) the throttle shows -130 with throttle cut activated.

when i deactivate throttle cut, it changes to -100. when i push the stick to max throttle, it goes to 100.
Sep 25, 2021, 08:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS DUDE
Safe is deffo what I need, argh, this one had a regular reciever and no safe select. Btw, on your DX6 radio, do you set your throttle to Zero, or do you go to Negative 100 with the throttle trim, the guys at the hobby shop told me to go to -100 on my throttle trim, do you think that would cause the engine to rev quickly? Should I return my throttle trim to "0"?
i got an aura 5 gyro from flite test for my duster, it works very well on standard settings. i haven't tried any of the programming. it was 50 bucks, then you need a lemon satellite rx for 20 bucks. cost almost as much as the plane
Sep 25, 2021, 08:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS DUDE
Safe is deffo what I need, argh, this one had a regular reciever and no safe select. Btw, on your DX6 radio, do you set your throttle to Zero, or do you go to Negative 100 with the throttle trim, the guys at the hobby shop told me to go to -100 on my throttle trim, do you think that would cause the engine to rev quickly? Should I return my throttle trim to "0"?
if you mean the throttle trim switch next to the stick, that is at neutral
Sep 25, 2021, 09:36 AM
This bird you cant change.
FMS DUDE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
if you mean the throttle trim switch next to the stick, that is at neutral
Thats it, I will return it to neutral, my hobby shop told me to crank it down to -100 and I think it makes my birds engine response too quick. Thanks Bisco.
Sep 25, 2021, 09:43 AM
This bird you cant change.
FMS DUDE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
i got an aura 5 gyro from flite test for my duster, it works very well on standard settings. i haven't tried any of the programming. it was 50 bucks, then you need a lemon satellite rx for 20 bucks. cost almost as much as the plane
Wow, sounds complicated, but as long as it keeps or birds flying, im still a rc hobbyest. I learned, put away your crunched bird and cool off for a day. Bisco, here are some images of my other birds.
Sep 25, 2021, 09:45 AM
This bird you cant change.
FMS DUDE's Avatar
Here you go bisco.
Sep 25, 2021, 10:14 AM
Registered User
nice line up! those low wingers scare me, any of them fly easily without safe?
Sep 26, 2021, 08:23 PM
This bird you cant change.
FMS DUDE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
nice line up! those low wingers scare me, any of them fly easily without safe?
The red one has just a regular spectrum reciever. The fmf 550 edge has a antennaless reciever no safe select. the Trojan has safe, the crunchy splatty ranger dosnt have safe. I just finish rebuilding the ranger and had spare decals. I use tamaya putty, sanded it. A monokote heat gun to pull the nose back into shape, puttied the bubbly bits, wet sanded it, and hit it with some acrylic bright white paint. I put a custom prop, re epoxied the motor mount in the correct angles, tested the controls and its read to fly again. LOL! Its a fun collection, I have a s-2 in its box, as well as a duette. Im going after a super cub 3 channel bird. I might barter.
Sep 27, 2021, 07:53 AM
Registered User
well done! it will be interesting to see the re maiden with correct throttle settings
Sep 27, 2021, 11:56 AM
JohnVHRC
JohnVH's Avatar
Check out my maiden flight with some tricks on the FMS Ranger 850mm
FMS 850MM (33.4") RANGER PNP Beginner plane MAIDEN FLIGHT Review (6 min 4 sec)
Sep 27, 2021, 12:32 PM
Registered User
nice flying john!
Sep 27, 2021, 01:04 PM
JohnVHRC
JohnVH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisco
nice flying john!
Thanks! Wait until you see flight two! I really wring it out!!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FMS 1800mm Ranger(Cessna 150) taz101 Electric Plane Talk 217 Oct 08, 2021 12:05 AM
New Product 1220mm FMS Ranger. taz101 Electric Plane Talk 60 Jul 26, 2021 08:08 AM
News FMS Flash 850mm Pusher Jet Jason Cole Pusher Prop Jet Models 26 Apr 14, 2021 12:57 PM
Discussion Just Announced- FMS “Ranger” 1220mm EP RTF Bell47G2 Electric Plane Talk 5 May 14, 2019 01:52 AM
Build Log Mystery 850mm Edge Foamie Fugitive_Bill Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 1 May 11, 2009 11:27 PM