Nov 02, 2019, 08:44 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Thanks RCAV. Let's hope they didn't source the retracts from dynam. The cavity on the rear retract tail wheel is also an odd thing. The cut outs for lights and some other things like the wing hold down bolt set up is also different.
When I get the model I can do a direct comparison but I think you are on to something
Thanks for the help!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2019, 07:39 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
My friend in HK just got his Corsair. All is well! A beautiful model apparently. It has some very robust quality landing gear and if you like, you could make the tail wheel retract! The prop needed some balance but he reported it was still a good plane. He also said it's not a Dynam
Nov 12, 2019, 08:16 PM
Short bursts, Don't waste ammo
Very nice! I like what they did with the retracts.
Nov 12, 2019, 09:00 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Yup, I can hardly wait for mine to get here. With more modern electronics included it may be an upgrade from the original. He's flying it tomorrow or rather today I guess. I expect an update later.
Nov 13, 2019, 03:15 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
I just got the flight review on the Corsair.
Here's the direct quote; "it's tame, really tame" the slow speed handling is awesome, speed is acceptable with a 4 cell 3000 HRB in the nose. Did not require any dead weight and virtually no trim even with the gear up. Vertical is great and landing is a delight with no tendency to nose over, the retracts look to be 100 degree versions! Stalls were straight ahead although a wingover could be coaxed if stalled in more than 30 degree angles.
So, he reports it's as docile as the Dynam version he has but landing is a point and shoot affair. The flaps were not really a factor so he will cut out the outboard and couple another panel just for scale appearances and extra braking. All servos worked out of the box and the SC was bare warm after a 5 minute flight.
John has been flying a long time and we know each other's capabilities quite well. So, this is great news. A lightened version of the Unique Models Corsair. That's what this is.
Cheers!
Nov 20, 2019, 09:25 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Hey, whaddya know, got the PC9 today. The model is really nice. I will be dropping a Surpass 790 in it. It's got all the room for retracts and it looks awesome. This will be a build over the winter but it's first in line. I can see it will be modified with some re balance needed. I may relocate the servo to the back to offset this motor. Hey , for a C note it's a decent deal. Here we go!
Nov 21, 2019, 07:50 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP

Corsair arrived

Upon opening the outer boxing I was surprised to see the Robbe box for the Red Bull. Hmmm. then after I opened the retail box there she was. Hey boys , this is no dynam. the obvious things are the retract units look and work well. The foam is smooth on the wings but a little bumpy on the fuse. Not a show stopper The included pilot is correct in scale but I don’t know who does his make up , they need to go back to school . All the electronics are branded Hookll as was reported by John. I ran the motor up and it’s nice and quiet. It has a lot of pull . Overall, I give it a thumbs up Whew that’s two decent models from Banggood!
Nov 22, 2019, 04:30 AM
Looking forward to the build/flight report on this model.

Clive.
Nov 22, 2019, 09:16 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
I am working on the Pilatus first as it is a kit. The Corsair is really simple to assemble as I dry fitted the components last night. The fit is really good! We are in our winter here so I hope to be done the Pilatus for the inevitable chinook (warm weather front from the Pacific).
The good news is the Corsair servos look to be metal gears and the spare props were $22 for 3. I will test fly before I monkey with the flaps. As reported, the model doesn't really need them.
Nov 23, 2019, 11:47 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Dry fitting everything I did a
Preliminary check of the cg. I will be moving the elevator and rudder servos to the back to compensate for the motor . I also added 1 degree of down thrust to the motor. I didn’t use the supplied metal motor mount as the new motor is just the right length. The cowl is paper thin styrene so I laid it up with some carbon veil. I’m replacing the wood wing spar with a carbon tube and I will decide if I’m adding retracts later. With some work flaps could be done but I will test fly first.
Since I’m going for a vacation I won’t get to this until Jan. Hang tough , this thing should be a hotrod.
Nov 23, 2019, 02:18 PM
Awaiting results with baited breath. Same goes for Corsair. Cheers, Dale!
Nov 23, 2019, 05:03 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP

More bait

Had fun with the Pilatus today. It’s all done. As I mentioned I placed the rudder and elevator servos in the back and it worked out well. The pilot and passenger are compliments of Hazmasters. My daughter loves them. Chubby little guys
She has a wide range for everything from a 2200 4 cell to 4000. Now, all I need is another radio rx and I have yet another plane that I don’t have room for.
Stang, the Corsair is a no brainer. I dry fit it up and it’s just great. You can check out the few videos but expect no surprises.
I’ll hold off on final assessment on that one. I have a FMS 109 to paint up
Christmas was early this year.
Nov 24, 2019, 06:04 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Cptn Krunch, at least they got all your kangaroos on the national markings running the right way, at least those we can see. Mine we’re running in all different directions....

I won a Unique Models Pc-9 PnP at a recent swap meet and got it flying back in Sept. Not a bad flying little model. It had a retract issue that was easily fixed by scavenging the canopy actuator (Which is one of the retract units) and using its parts on the bad retract. Mine also had the retract control box DOA. But, a spare LX retract controller unit that I had available got it working nicely. Only other issue is that it is hard to get a good CG without moving the rudder and elevator servos in order to put the flight battery waaay back in the fuse

I like it, but it is destined to be sold as the hangar is seriously overcrowded....
Here it is first day out with my FMS 1400mm T-28.
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 24, 2019 at 06:10 PM.
Nov 24, 2019, 07:00 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Yup, that's exactly what I did. I used a big motor too so the only option was to move the servos back. Retracts are going on this as well. I bought the kit so I used what I wanted to soup it up. Hey, like the old saying goes, if you're ugly, you'd better be a good dancer:
Nov 28, 2019, 01:41 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Thomas,
I thought the 'roos were going in the wrong direction on mine!
I want to cut down the turbine exhausts as well. It looks like a cartoon with the big old mustachio on it. Yosemite Sam?
Adding the retracts is going to be fun. I have type A with the strut on the bottom of the wing. Not a biggie. I'll use my portable foam cutter I made from an old soldering gun to make the cut-outs for mounts, add some birch and be done with it. I think Ill just make a cut out in for the nose retract to pass through, doors are nice but this is nice and simple.

Quick Reply