Feb 16, 2020, 11:00 PM
Nice to see your trainer with its pants up.

Hope the weather holds for you.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2020, 07:54 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Thanks Stang! I'm ready. Took my Waco out in between the honeydo list yesterday. I'll take the Corsair as well.
Pants up, ha ha I hope the weather is good enough to get them down
Cheers
Feb 17, 2020, 01:38 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Oh well, snowing today. I'll just spend my day watching holiday movies. Stang, check out my vids. Whale Sharks!
Feb 17, 2020, 04:54 PM
Air, Land & Sea RC's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Krunch
Took my Waco out in between the honeydo list yesterday.
Cheers
try giving her a honeydo list and see how well it goes down

no wife, no strife. happy life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Krunch
Btw, the link to the"nose" retract is to a non steerable device. Hope you caught that.
The set you showed is very nice.
cheers for clearing that up, I posted the wrong link

this is the one I got, just the nose wheel (select the single retract option on the right side of the list)
https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...10590337621322

according to my calc's it should be a close to perfect fit.
Last edited by Oblivion; Feb 17, 2020 at 05:00 PM.
Feb 17, 2020, 05:30 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
I'm lucky that she's a great mom and excellent cook I'm really happy with the way it turned out. If you looked, I moved the servos to the back to offset the weight of the motor. Good move as I have a perfect balance.
Now, if spring comes I will get some good video.
Cheers O.
Feb 18, 2020, 03:35 AM
Air, Land & Sea RC's.
did you use the gear door on the nose?
it has a servo cut out in the foam so you can sink a servo and use a pushrod to open the door. just add a couple of hinges and its good to go

I cut the end off the door. the small part will be perma-glued on.
added a pair of pinned hinges to the remaining lid, and you can see a spot for the servo ready to go that keeps the pushrod right up near the foam and out the way of the retract function.
Last edited by Oblivion; Feb 18, 2020 at 03:50 AM.
Feb 18, 2020, 08:25 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
No, I made a cut out. You can see in my photos. It will help with cooling and I didn't want to be adding a sequence module. Yours looks good!
Feb 18, 2020, 04:52 PM
Air, Land & Sea RC's.
im planning (fingers crossed) it will work fine with just programming a delay in the Taranis and using a 3pos switch.

0 - gear up, door closed (door delays closing a few sec)
1- door open, gear up.
2- door open, gear down (gear delays deploying a few sec incase I flick the switch all the way from 0 - 2 in one motion)

at the moment im still trying to get the door to close all the way by adjusting the linkage length. I think I also need to remove a little foam beneath the servo horn so it can get more than 90 degrees travel.
Feb 18, 2020, 07:09 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
It sounds like you have a great plan. I was justified by the cog. Any weight gain avoidance I could muster after I shoehorned in the big motor and speed control was a bonus for me. I did achieve the goal of 50mm cog . I saw what happened to the other plane at 60mm :0 The poor guy never had a chance of getting home. Too much throw on all surfaces and tail heavy made for a spectacular ride and dirt nap. I don't know if he repaired it.
Feb 19, 2020, 03:58 AM
Air, Land & Sea RC's.
I guess the benefit of having the servo's at the tail is you can move the battery much further back if needed, to balance the COG without adding dead weight.
I should probably look into that
Feb 19, 2020, 01:35 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Yup. I can't justify dead weight but in some cases, its obligatory. My FMS Corsair was one that had a huge set of iron plugs in the nose. I changed out the motor for a larger version and the weight was gone.
Mar 04, 2020, 05:00 AM
Air, Land & Sea RC's.
I ended up ordering these:

a couple of pilots
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1915...X5N6XQu_OH0niY

800w motor
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/N3548-90...nQe8G6XvqEml4I

and I've added 12mm flat carbon to the reinforce the wing, overlapping the stock fibreglass brace by about 2"
ill cover the groove with some coloured wing tape.

im thinking of cutting the 3 wire plug off the aileron, flap and gear servo's and soldering a servo extension lead directly to them.
the black plugs are kinda chunky to hide, I suspect that direct soldering will make it much easier to hide all the wires in a wing groove
Mar 04, 2020, 09:35 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Hey, you're making progress! That's an interesting flap arrangement. I glued with the idea myself but I am keeping my wing loading down for the first flight. I can always add them later.
How did the nose gear door set up come out?
Speaking of pilots, I made some for my planes. They are made from very light weight cellulose clay. They are about 5 grams and will be perfect for 1200 to 1400 mm planes.
I am replacing the two chubby guys with some of these.
Mar 04, 2020, 09:39 AM
What kind of horror show are you planning!?! Long winters do strange things to us...
Mar 04, 2020, 10:37 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Hahaha, the zombie dude is for my B-25. If you ever saw Heavy Metal (the movie), then you will get it...although the plane in the movie was a B17 The other guys are characters from my fav aviation movies like Captains of the Clouds, Flying Leathernecks and Air Force.
More snow this weekend Stang...

Quick Reply