Nov 01, 2019, 12:17 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Discussion

New Warbird manufacturer?

New, Well, probably not. BG has some " new" Warbird models, some warbirds and others as well. I dropped a bit of change to check them out. Please Lord, don't let them have dynam retracts
Gee, I hope I get them this year. Ordered the Corsair and the Pilatus to see what they perform like . You can never have enough warbirds Both are labeled as Hook11 or Hookll, whatever
This will be interesting but not a big investment, so I'll take the chance.
From what I see in the photos, there's going to be some mods. The flaps on the Corsair are first.
I already stocked up on spackle for the inevitable shipping nightmares, although the 11 Hobby planes were well packed.
I will post results when they arrive.
No, not advertising fellas, just being the canary in the coal mine this time.
Wish me luck
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2019, 01:33 PM
Flying again - 4th time
Link?
Nov 01, 2019, 03:50 PM
Looks like the Unique Corsair from several years ago. If so likes to exit stage left big time on take off. Watch it

Still have mine and fly it regularly, retracts are very strong
Nov 01, 2019, 05:56 PM
Yep it is the Unique Corsair. With a big four-bladed prop it creates a lot of torque on take off. Tons of rudder required. It looks great in the air as all Corsairs do and the landing gear is almost bullet-proof. I snapped wing off doing full throttle high G maneuvers, not a lot of reinforcement through the wing.
Nov 01, 2019, 06:22 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Well thanks gents. What's new is old.
My FMS 1400 does pretty much the same thing so shouldn't be a problem if I ease into the throttle on take off. I have some carbon fiber rod and strips in the FMS so I'll bury some in this one as well.
I bought the kit version of the Pilatus based on the seemingly lame power equipment listed in the PNP.
Sorted, you gave me an idea for some nose art hahaha
Nov 02, 2019, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Krunch
Well thanks gents. What's new is old.
My FMS 1400 does pretty much the same thing so shouldn't be a problem if I ease into the throttle on take off. I have some carbon fiber rod and strips in the FMS so I'll bury some in this one as well.
I bought the kit version of the Pilatus based on the seemingly lame power equipment listed in the PNP.
Sorted, you gave me an idea for some nose art hahaha
Hmm brings back memories watching these cartoons as a kid when they were the rage and TV was the only medium in town. Personally prefer roadrunner and pepe la pew
Nov 02, 2019, 08:57 AM
Smish-smash
There'll be a 1200mm P-51 somewhere in the mix too, as Unique did a red-nose and a yellow-nose one.

Looking forward to your impressions of the Corsair. Rich from RC Informer quite liked the Unique model.
Nov 02, 2019, 09:07 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
From what I can gather, speculation mostly on my part, they have re-kitted the originals. The Corsair landing gear mounts are different from the Unique and the tail wheel is not retractable. It appears Banggood has simply drop shipped from Alibaba again. All is well. There are some great reviews on the fundamentals of flight and that's what counts.
Sorted,
Pepe' la Pew was awesome. Any of the Bugs Bunny series are still favorites, even with my 9 year old. She loves the "Hillbilly Hare" cartoon.
Nov 02, 2019, 09:27 AM
Smish-smash
Unique Models F4U-4 Corsair BUILD GUIDE by: RCINFORMER (23 min 26 sec)

Linky work? Too bad the retracts are different!
Nov 02, 2019, 09:31 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Stang, saw the P51s on BG too. They look nice. I have the V7 FMS, 11Hobby and a GWS Version so I'm good for Mustangs. I can't imagine the unique version measuring up to them ( ok, maybe better than the GWS) hehehe.
So folks, sit back and relax. For $1.73 in shipping cost my guess is I'll be in Asia before these will come here. I leave in early December.
Nov 02, 2019, 09:35 AM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Hi Stang, Yup, saw that. Thanks buddy! The one on the Pc9 as well. Should be fun.
Nov 02, 2019, 01:27 PM
Short bursts, Don't waste ammo
Same plane as the Dynam Corsair with some minor differences.
Nov 02, 2019, 02:14 PM
Registered Hoser
Thread OP
Differences? Please, go on....
Nov 02, 2019, 04:25 PM
Short bursts, Don't waste ammo
Rockets, 4 Blade prop, drop tanks, inboard flaps. The electronics may be different but the same basic airframe. I just pulled my Dynam Corsair out from the box earlier to compare with the photos. I probably should have just said same basic airframe.

Quick Reply