This thread is privately moderated by scousethief, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 01, 2019, 09:34 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eachine Mini Mustang P-51D EPP 400mm Wingspan 2.4G 6-Axis Gyro

https://www.banggood.com/custlink/vGD3B4pPnL

SPARES AVAILABLE
https://www.banggood.com/custlink/DvGGnsudjV

I'm assuming this is the decal scheme used. 'Hats off' to Capt Roscoe C Brown Jnr.

Roscoe C. Brown, Jr graduated from Tuskegee Flight School in March of 1944 and went on to command the 100th Fighter Suadron 332nd Fighter Group. On 24 March 1945 Brown became one of only 15 pilots to shoot down an Me262. A week later he added a Bf109 and destroyed a locomotive while on a fighter sweep near Munich both while flying "Bunnie/Miss Kentucky State".

The Eachine 450mm 'Miss Kentucky State' P51 Mustang is one of a collection of 4 micro brushed Warbirds ( P51, Spitfire, Grumman F8F, Mitsubishi Zero, there is also a Cub in the same and smaller sizes ) that are available under different brand names, the planes are full 4 channel control ( Aileron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle via a geared Brushed motor ) and incorporate a Gyro for stabilised flight. These planes are a step up from the previous generation and should be suitable for anyone who has flown the previous models ( C-17 Transport , GD-006, Z51 Predator, XK A130 Y20, XK A150 Boeing 747 ). Being small, 4 channel and Warbirds they are of course more complex in their flight behaviour but the inclusion of the Gyro should tame things down to something very manageable and for those with experience, the Gyro can be disabled via the top Right switch giving you full control over the aircrafts control surfaces.

The plane itself has a hollow fuselage but it is sturdy enough that you can handle the plane without any worry of causing damage ( we all know that some planes in this size are exceptionally fragile). The main wing is under cambered, which, other than a flat plate is probably the simplest solution in something of this size ( a scale wing would be paper thin) and has a carbon spar running along the underside for support. The elevator and rudder are pieced together in the same way as larger models and the whole area is detailed very nicely , the red paint does its job perfectly and stands out nicely against my grey sky backdrop.

Across the plane the level of detail ranges from 'very good' to 'average' but for something so small the stand-off scale is more than adequate and you can always improve on the decals and add weathering to increase the scale look or create something more unique. There are a few things that I would have liked such as a clear canopy and a 4 bladed prop but these are mods that i should be able to do myself and are purely for aesthetic reasons.

****The elevator can be reversed : Turn on the transmitter , before you throttle up to bind : Lower the elevator stick and keep it there. The TX will beep and the elevator movement will be reversed. This happens for both Rudder and Aileron also.

Manual http://myosuploads3.banggood.com/pro...105-EAC-A5.pdf

Specification:
Brand: Eachine
Product Name: Mini Mustang P-51D (Wild Horse)
Version: RTF Gyro (whole set to fly with gyroscope)
Material: EPP
Wingspan: 400 mm (15.75 inches)
Length: 317 mm (12.48 inches)
Motor: 10mm coreless motor (hollow cup)
Receiver: 2 in 1 integrated board
Servo: 2g plastic gear *3
Propeller: 130X70mm
Flying weight: 60g
Recommended battery: 3.7V-360MAH
Package size (length x width x height): 35X35*15.5cm
Flight time: 14mins
Charging time: 2.5 hours

Last edited by scousethief; Jan 24, 2020 at 02:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply