Spektrum iX20 20-Channel DSMX Transmitter

The Spektrum iX20 Smart transmitter integrates the power of touch and voice interface capabilities with broad connectivity for control that goes beyond the luxury of its smooth hall-effect gimbals and the feel of a perfectly balanced ergonomic platform.

Splash

It's finally here

The Spektrum iX20 Smart transmitter integrates the power of touch and voice interface capabilities with broad connectivity for control that goes beyond the luxury of its smooth hall-effect gimbals and the feel of a perfectly balanced ergonomic platform. The Spektrum™ iX20 smart radio is our most powerful, feature-packed 20-channel air transmitter to date and host to a wide array of innovations and upgrades. It was designed to meet the present and future needs of pro pilots who want top-class features, easy programmability, and the capabilities required to fly high-performance aircraft.

The iX20 may be the most advanced intelligent transmitter available with an Android 7 touch-screen interface – but that doesn’t mean it's hard to use. The giant 5-inch, 720p color touch-display makes working with state-of-the-art technology comfortable and exciting. All-new Spektrum AirWare™ firmware has been streamlined and enhanced to deliver an overall faster experience. When you delve into the details, you'll see that the iX20 is much more than just our next intelligent transmitter.

Check out the Spektrum iX20 20-Channel DSMX Transmitter Here

Nov 01, 2019, 09:28 AM
Great how HH advertises it like this: " Its processing speed is approximately 250% faster than that of the iX12." Makes me feel real good about owning the iX12. Thanks Horizon.
Nov 01, 2019, 09:32 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Months of conversation around the iX20 here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Spektrum-IX20
Nov 01, 2019, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoysagk
Great how HH advertises it like this: " Its processing speed is approximately 250% faster than that of the iX12." Makes me feel real good about owning the iX12. Thanks Horizon.
Does it help that the price is approximately 222% more than that of the iX12?
Nov 01, 2019, 11:13 AM
What does processing speed.. has to do with RC?
Most of it is probably going to the fancy graphics in the OS and the thousands of background processes... I don't telemetry or gimbal inputs and servos would benefit from it or at least be marginal
Nov 01, 2019, 12:11 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFlier
What does processing speed.. has to do with RC?
Most of it is probably going to the fancy graphics in the OS and the thousands of background processes... I don't telemetry or gimbal inputs and servos would benefit from it or at least be marginal
Switching model memories for starters...
Nov 01, 2019, 12:21 PM
I'm trying to find out the weight of this radio.Can't find this spec anywhere .Anybody know?
Nov 01, 2019, 09:04 PM
Who has the F-18 in the CF-18 RCAF 2018 Demo colour scheme in the video?

Quite the radio. Impressive.
Last edited by jpurcha; Nov 02, 2019 at 05:46 AM.
Nov 02, 2019, 01:04 AM
Thanks, I'll stay with my 18SZ for now.
Nov 02, 2019, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatGSR
Does it help that the price is approximately 222% more than that of the iX12?
Not really. 12 vs 20 channels, apples and oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Switching model memories for starters...
That. Plus changing/adjusting model settings is slow, TX should be able to keep up with button pushes.
Soon they'll announce the iX12 Gen2 and our Gen1 will be worth next to nothing.
Last edited by khoysagk; Nov 02, 2019 at 09:36 AM.
Nov 02, 2019, 11:27 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
What UHF transmitters can work with this Radio? Plug and play Dragonlink?
Or is it still TBS Crossfire only?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Nov 02, 2019, 12:21 PM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
If one look at iX12 video when they attach a TBS Crossfire module to the iX12 serial port they then go into iX12 Serial port setting and select Crossfire (no telemetry) or Crossfire 2 (telemetry) protocol so that is enabled. No other choices are avalible there.

On Spektrum homepage for iX20 it seems to be somewhat open wording:

Go further with the iX20 when you explore what the integrated auxiliary serial port has to offer. It’s a next-level link that lets you accessorize the iX20 transmitter with an alternate RF system, such as the TBS Crossfire CRSF protocol technology, and still enjoy extremely low latency performance.

Source: https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...odId=SPMR20100

In the iX20 manual it is written:

The Serial Port Setup menu manages serial port usage on the back of the transmitter. This port is designed to communicate with external RF devices using digital communication protocols. The iX20 includes the CRFS protocol for compatibility with the TBS Cross Fire and Cross Fire 2.

Touch the Protocol drop down menu button. Select Inhibit, Cross Fire or Cross Fire 2. Selecting the Cross Fire or Cross Fire 2 options will enable the CRFS data stream. Connecting the Cross Fire system requires the Cross Fire serial port adaptor (SPMA3090, not included). Consult the manufacturer’s manual for use of any external RF device. Horizon Hobby does not provide support for external RF devices connected to the iX20 transmitter

Source: https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/..._Manual_EN.PDF

So if iX20 only support CRSF protocol then You can only use device with the proprietary TBS communication protocol.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Nov 02, 2019 at 12:28 PM.
Nov 02, 2019, 12:47 PM
Crossfire is the only ones who asked.

Andy
Nov 02, 2019, 09:08 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Crossfire is the only ones who asked.

Andy

That's not good.
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Nov 04, 2019, 08:36 AM
Still only 2.4ghz as standard?

Quick Reply