Oct 31, 2019, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

i am new so please help

Hello I am Henry Pinto from Medford NY on Long Island I am trying to find an old MRC Cessna Cardinal Someone recently sold one and I missed out i am in the hobby three decades and that plane was my first a gift from my flight instructor It got destroyed year ago and I would like to replace it If anyone can help- I will be grateful Close to my heart on this plane Thank uou to anyone who takes the time to read this and respond if nothing at all to help me figure my way around this wonderful site/ forum
Henry Pinto
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2019, 10:19 AM
Is this one? It is 1/12 scale electric.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cessna-177-...-/113761296687

I think they did make a .35 size kit but I don't find much. Keep looking on the net, ebay and forums.
Last edited by JimboPilotFL; Nov 01, 2019 at 10:31 AM.
Nov 01, 2019, 01:10 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPilotFL
Is this one? It is 1/12 scale electric.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cessna-177-...-/113761296687

I think they did make a .35 size kit but I don't find much. Keep looking on the net, ebay and forums.
I would think the MRC Cardinal from 30 years ago would be powered by a wet fuel engine. Probably the .35 size you mentioned will be closer to what Henry received.

This 1/12th scale electric may be a more modern offering.
Nov 01, 2019, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
yes it was a 35 enya glass fuse and covered foam wing a beautiful plane thank you both for helping broke my heart to lose that plane but this is not a hobby for the weak hearted is it?
Nov 01, 2019, 04:34 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryj1955
yes it was a 35 enya glass fuse and covered foam wing a beautiful plane thank you both for helping broke my heart to lose that plane but this is not a hobby for the weak hearted is it?
No it is not. I pucker my behind every time I fly. There are only three types of flying machines.

1) Ones that have crashed.
2) Ones that will crash.
3) Ones that will never fly.
Nov 01, 2019, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
No it is not. I pucker my behind every time I fly. There are only three types of flying machines.

1) Ones that have crashed.
2) Ones that will crash.
3) Ones that will never fly.
Haha,... I don't think I agree with that. I'm sure it was "tongue in cheek" though.

Some of our planes literally last years and beyond. There are a few occasions that the life expectancy is cut short, but with instruction, study, practice, and most of all patience, there's only a few reasons why they might crash.

Best bet is though, don't fly anything you're not afraid of losing, and always do your pre-flight and post-flight maintenance, and keep your equipment in good working order. With all that, we all stand a better chance, no doubt about it.

Henry, good luck with your search. I suggest looking into all the forums here. Some will have information for you, some won't. At the top of several forums you'll see what are called "sticky threads". Those are threads that most often carry high lighted information, and guidance in certain areas.

We're all pretty light hearted though... it's hard to take a chance on flying say a $5000 plane(that's a conservative number for some of us) and not be light hearted, as if we loose it, we know life as we know it isn't over. It's just the way it goes occasionally. and adds further challenges. It's much more fun and exciting if it's not taken too seriously. Just study it.
Nov 03, 2019, 11:56 AM
Thread OP

thank you

To all who have written and all who may THANK YOU the brotherhood is wonderful in this hobby I am in a great club not alot of drama and good rules But a TON of assistance Fortunately we have a hobby shop in the community a one man show with enormous knowledge he helps anyone who seeks I do all my shopping after browsing online
Nov 05, 2019, 11:23 PM
Entropy is happening!
Take heart Henri!
This is a great hobby, you are right there.
But it is a character building and challenging one. The online communication that takes place on these forums is an important and valuable part of it.
Hang in there; work through the challenges, enjoy the camaraderie and humour, and come out smiling!.......................
But............
Don't allow sentiment to rule you!..............

Happy modelling.

Jim.
Nov 09, 2019, 04:01 PM
Here is an early Cessna Cardinal of mine.. I've never flown it.. It's a nice early model ARF
Nov 09, 2019, 09:40 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubin64
Here is an early Cessna Cardinal of mine.. I've never flown it.. It's a nice early model ARF
That is a nice model.
If you have an experienced flying buddy, get him to fly it for you for the test flight. First flights usually required some trimming and adjustments.
I have a 1/4 scale Spacewalker tug plane and a younger experienced pilot flies it for aerotowing. I have yet to fly it at all actually; but I will now we have it mostly sorted.

Keep us posted.

Jim.

Quick Reply