Nov 19, 2019, 08:41 AM
Quote:
What would it take to run at full power.
that's a trick question besides, and you already know the answer I believe.

If you phrased the question as "What would you GIVE to run full Power" you'd get more minnows curious to discover more.

I think you might have said in the initial topic post that you wanted replies containing math or physical examples, and show something to that degree of your own devising as an example to the lay.

Of course hypothetical questions are going to get hypothetical answers so assert you are asking a real question and expect real answers and/or viable concepts, you have to keep the topic steered where you want it to go when it goes off the rails and do so while knowing children may even offer some opinion. Don't tarnish your reputation with erratic and bullying replies, be a MASTER that you are but play small and discover what people need in order to see the concept you are asking for then test them with the math to prove them as real or unreal.

A friend of mine is no different than you and the other day we went head to head on radio waves, are they a physical activity, and then prove with a non-contestable example which I succeeded at doing very gently after his protests to not continue. That was a real tough job in light the guy is a math genius like some of you.

Be well, if it's not life threatening don't over stress, it does no one any good.

To partially answer your original question? how about 0 loss of flux, highest flux density of materials, zero resistance, zero load, = the answer is not what we see but how we see it.

This isn't a heavy topic for anyone incapable of understanding the e motor industry is competitive and lucrative and e cars are becoming commonplace yet still in the weaning stages publicly in the west. Anyone with some advancement better think about the money they could loose if they splattered their inventions all over the net prematurely and unprotected, ask me how I know.

fwiw, after making my double swept blade plug I thought that was it, then after reading four documents on blue edge rotors I had to rethink from a point of optimization and alter the original, wasn't easy cutting it again to change it slightly, nit easy at all and so happens put the blade ahead of what it was when I thought it should be finally DONE. What do you know huh.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2019, 03:47 PM
Maybe not iron stator?

could get more power with more amps pushing the maximum the steel or magnets can take before demagnetizing. Electrical steel will still produce more of a magnetic field beyond its initial saturation point and who knows the full field potential ( not on wiki). I’ve seen neodymium said to demagnetize at as low as 1T. Full power would be just before demagnetizing maybe.
The load drops the motor to half speed and u throw more amps until it finally won’t increase speed.
Last edited by Hummina; Nov 19, 2019 at 10:13 PM.
Nov 19, 2019, 05:40 PM
zero heat now.

I've accidentally demagnetized neodymium with a mini torch to melt the epoxy holding the magnet in a catch for jewelry.

can I ask you a question? In motor windings why can't the winding be a single wind with complete fill if that was possible?
Nov 19, 2019, 07:31 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanflyheli
zero heat now.

I've accidentally demagnetized neodymium with a mini torch to melt the epoxy holding the magnet in a catch for jewelry.

can I ask you a question? In motor windings why can't the winding be a single wind with complete fill if that was possible?
It could be. It would be very difficult to wind, insulate, and terminate, but there's no reason it wouldn't work. Kv would be about as high as is possible for the chassis.

Several strands of one turn each is an easy wind to do by hand.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Nov 20, 2019, 07:58 AM
well, the poles on the stator are inductance electro magnet poles and the winds inductance coils, heat is the result of passing voltage due to resistance and may not be possible to get away from.

I'm starting to loose concentration right about now, lol.
Last edited by icanflyheli; Nov 20, 2019 at 09:19 AM. Reason: unless
Nov 27, 2019, 12:34 AM
Master Prop Breaker
Drama! Holy crap! Suspension was the correct call mod!!
Nov 27, 2019, 02:53 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
So eventually you develop the ultimate 'full power' motor, ..... but then end users put the wrong prop on it, gears it wrong, etc etc., i.e. it doesn't actually make the model perform as required/expected.....

And just like some old brushed motors, they eventually get referred to as 'great boat anchors'.

That's life.

Nov 28, 2019, 02:56 AM
Hi,
motor with one , single strand of copper , full slot fill ? Your dream come true , https://volabo.com/technology/ . This design can also be used with permanent magnet but to switch the number of poles it need a very different rotor design.

Happy Amps Christian
Nov 29, 2019, 08:53 AM
thanks for that, interesting how ampere's law is about two wires and the magnetic attraction when powered for the two wires spaced one meter apart display a magnetic attraction.

A recent conversation with a professional electrician made me more aware that people think a wire is like a pipe and electricity flows in it when it's the exact opposite that takes place, it flows on the OUTSIDE of the wire. If you can imagine electrons like little spiraling whirling dervishes and that's why electricity manifests it's self as what we call magnetism, things will make a little more sense. In multi strand each small wire has it's own field which becomes part of a unified field. I think single wire for magnetism use is best while multi strand best for lamp chord and speaker wire, it's interesting how common household wiring is single strand as standard.

This topic has gotten more curious by the day.

They claim 500 amperes and 300kw out of 48v, all well and good if we knew what the motor dimensions are. Rc helis only need a tiny amount of that but the concept seems attractive, just the sort of thing I was asking for a few years back.
Last edited by icanflyheli; Nov 29, 2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: cool
Nov 29, 2019, 05:54 PM
Household wire is rarely single strand. It’s multistrand so can bend with little stress
Nov 29, 2019, 07:25 PM
Greediest Suer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummina
Household wire is rarely single strand. Itís multistrand so can bend with little stress
I have done a fair bit of house wiring and it was all solid. Codes may be different in some areas, but we could only use stranded for "jack" wires.

I just realized that you may be talking about the lead from the pole to the house. They are stranded because a 4/0 wire is hard to bend,
Nov 29, 2019, 09:39 PM
the house wire I'm referring to is in the walls going from outlets to the main breaker panel.. I think the solid aspect has to do with impedance, low.

Quick Reply