Dec 14, 2019, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maconjames
Experienced a fly away with a new Mavic Mini last night. I updated the firmware before any flying and did a short flight in the house (just hovering). I did not calibrate the IMU or compass as it was reporting both were normal. I'm an experienced RC operator (part 107) and have owned most every DJI drone made, including the original Phantom. Never had a fly away before.

Took the mini out to the driveway where I have tested every new drone I've bought over the years. Took off, and within seconds the mini started going up and then flew off rapidly to the right. Luckily it flew into low hanging branch in a tree and I was easily able to retrieve it.

At that point I calibrated both IMU and compass and very cautiously tried again outside. This time it was fine. I'm at a loss, don't know if I can trust this mini or not. Anybody else have this happen?
Any update regarding this with the reply from DJI?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2019, 02:37 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
The advice in this situation is to open a ticket and provide DJI the logs.

I would also calibrate all parts of the system including the RC.

I have seen a few limited reports in total out of hundreds of thousand plus sold across the globe. there will always be odd behaviour or something that does not behave as expect.

Out of all the social users there is no mass reports so this is nothing more than usual strange drone behaviour.

If anyone has this again after calibrating then open a ticket and return for repair as itís not normal or common.
Dec 14, 2019, 02:44 PM
Trolls gonna troll, haters gonna hate.
Originally Posted by Justapoke
That remains to be seen in time. It might, it might not as all the hype is over in time. Either way: I don't care.
See how the Spark and Air have done in time. They where also rather popular in the beginning right?

But I also have a rough idea how many there are sold in almost a years time, as I'm also an affiliate. Maybe that's what all the hate towards me is all about, simple jealousy toward a guy making a few bucks here and there going about it's hobby

About DJI Mavic Mini Drone Haters! (6 min 47 sec)
Dec 14, 2019, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Well, I never would BUT:
The motors are brushless and probobly ok.
You could open it up and conformal coat all the boards and connections. I did that with one or two of my racers but BEFORE I did that one of them ended up in a foot of water for about 5 minutes and was fine once I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in.
Remember some of this stuff runs hot, adding a coating of anything will raise those temps.

Thank you

I am a realtor selling houses at the water's edge, meaning this Mavic Mini could help my sales.
Now I have built enough drones myself, from quads to octos, to know that altimeters should not be disturbed from their fragile balance.

Any idea of where the altimeter is located ?

Last edited by philgib; Dec 14, 2019 at 03:38 PM.
Dec 14, 2019, 03:41 PM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
When you went higher than the fog or clouds.
How high were you ?
Thanks.
not sure , it wasn't that high possibly 25meters

now this one was proper fog almost 100 meters

And that was when I lived in Washington State

Naza system helped me get back

What's above the fog (3 min 37 sec)
Dec 14, 2019, 03:54 PM
Flight for life
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
not sure , it wasn't that high possibly 25meters
I now this one was proper fog almost 100 meters
And that was when I lived in Washington State
Naza system helped me get back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yaBAGK33ak
Ok thanks.
That is a cool video.
Thumbs up.
Last edited by geotric; Dec 14, 2019 at 04:11 PM.
Dec 14, 2019, 03:55 PM

Ignore List

I wish people would stop quoting trolls! Does anyone know of a way to stop quotes of people on my ignore list from being displayed?
Dec 14, 2019, 04:54 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by allena99
I wish people would stop quoting trolls! Does anyone know of a way to stop quotes of people on my ignore list from being displayed?
Growing a pair might be helpful?
Just scroll past it, I have to scroll past posts I have no interest in, I assume everyone else does to.

PERSONALLY I don't want troll posts to just be left there for the newbs to view and get bad info from. Putting trolls on iggy helps YOU but it doesn't help the new folks who are just looking for good info and don't know a particular posters reputation.
Dec 14, 2019, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure you should publish the video of Dawlish #1014 as under the current UK Drone law you were flying BVLOS as you were above the fog. You never know who might be watching.
David.
Dec 14, 2019, 06:06 PM
Quote:
PERSONALLY I don't want troll posts to just be left there for the newbs to view and get bad info from. Putting trolls on iggy helps YOU but it doesn't help the new folks who are just looking for good info and don't know a particular posters reputation.
....and regarding that particular poster, it's quite some reputation in every thread
Dec 14, 2019, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
....and regarding that particular poster, it's quite some reputation in every thread
He gets in trouble with the mods in his own thread ( right now ) lol.
Dec 14, 2019, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Heís just started showing everyone how smart he is on the Skydio 2 forum.
Dec 14, 2019, 06:37 PM
Quote:
I mean how on earth can you start trolling you're own thread, just how bad is that ??? I think he probably thinks bans and points are a badge of honour. Some people never learn.....
Dec 14, 2019, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1
Heís just started showing everyone how smart he is on the Skydio 2 forum.
I'll have to check that out for entertainment purposes lol
Dec 14, 2019, 09:50 PM
Another wind struggle vid

DJI Mavic Mini - High Wind - Almost Lost It - Gimbal Lost Calibration (0 min 45 sec)

Quick Reply