Old Oct 28, 2020, 09:02 PM
Justapoke
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Oct 28, 2020, 09:12 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

DJI Mavic Mini Drone

DJI will not discuss future releases even if leaked. The realty is itís coming and BB and messed up and let some out the door again. Itís the second time in under a month BB have broke NDA and released info on upcoming products. They did the same with the RS2 and RSC2. Trust me on that DJI was not happy on that one and now again with this now they will be furious.

However they will not comment until official launch.
Oct 28, 2020, 10:34 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
That launch date does make sense as it's going to sell like hot cakes for Xmas no doubt
Makes sense for Christmas sales...gives those on low income such as those that would buy a FIMI/Hubsan a chance to save a month for a true brand with superior engineering and warranty. Looks like another 50,000 units out the door for DJI
Oct 29, 2020, 02:47 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
If it goes at this rate I'm sure there will be plenty of new "DJI Fly-aways" before Xmas as well

Can't wait for all the "It handles wind really well!!!" videos
Nothing better to do loser?
Oct 29, 2020, 03:52 AM
Reach for the stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Makes sense for Christmas sales...gives those on low income such as those that would buy a FIMI/Hubsan a chance to save a month for a true brand with superior engineering and warranty. Looks like another 50,000 units out the door for DJI
Yes, I think they will also probably continue with the MM and keep it as their entry offering. It's 'the' only serious affordable offering out there.

The battery on the MM is 2600mAh and the Mini2 2250mAh. That kind of suggests the MM is the lighter fuselage and the Mini2 is slighty the heavier. They may have trimmed the battery down to keep it all within the Net 249g weight.

Either way, this DJI line up blows out a lot of the cheap chinese drones out there like Fimi etc. The original Fimi X8 was never great but the SE2020 saga has turned out into a bit of a running joke this year. They brought out a machine with even more issues than the original !!!

Brands like that have unfortunately had to start to focus on the cheap and nasty end really because they can no longer compete with DJI.

I think the Mini2 will sell like hotcakes. DJI will be furious that it got leaked but I think it doesn't matter a jot. The product will sell like crazy !!!
Oct 29, 2020, 07:36 AM
The first thing I think of about the Mini 2 is how glad I am that DJI finally removed the horrible method of mounting the phone to the controller with those fold-out arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
OMG Really unboxing of a MM2

https://youtu.be/R1BUQ9ERIXM
Oct 29, 2020, 07:43 AM
AA6JB
With this next version supposedly having Occusync, I wonder if it will support the DJI Goggles?
Oct 29, 2020, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica
The first thing I think of about the Mini 2 is how glad I am that DJI finally removed the horrible method of mounting the phone to the controller with those fold-out arms.
Well the MA2 controller is better but itís much bigger and heavier. I get used to the MM or M2 controller which folds up much smaller size and is in pair with the small MM.
Oct 29, 2020, 09:57 AM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Well the MA2 controller is better but itís much bigger and heavier. I get used to the MM or M2 controller which folds up much smaller size and is in pair with the small MM.
Yeah I actually prefer the original mavic controller over the MA2, the original takes my 8 inch tablet with no extra gear to carry around and holds it securely.
The MA2 controller has to have some sort of adapter and I just don't like the concept of my antennas being a structural member holding the display.
Oct 29, 2020, 10:03 AM
Quote:
I definitely agree that he MM controllerís small size is a nice benefit for the kind of portable use the MM is designed for. I think DJI could have made the phone holding mechanism a lot better without adding much size do it. Even if it was a simple sprung tray like the M2 has that would probably not add much to the controllerís thickness if it slid out from the bottom. Those two articulating arms are clunky and the case on the phone also needs to be removed to use it, which is a hassle.
Oct 29, 2020, 11:18 AM
exposed (3 min 45 sec)
Oct 29, 2020, 11:48 PM
If you have access to a FXT Viper goggle and iphone 5S or SE you can FPV with this:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4597330
Oct 30, 2020, 05:37 AM

Mavic Mini 2 will be great with better wind resistance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol
@all Mavic Mini flyers and friends,

If this is true itīs fantastic news:

See this video from Bill The Drone Reviewer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYMCShpEx8U&t

What do you think?

Greetings from The Netherlands.
@all Mini flyers,

I have a Mini 1 and the Mavic Air 1. When the Mini 2 comes out I will buy it and sell my mini 1. The Mini 2 will have better wind resistance, but for stronger winds I will keep flying my Mavic Air 1. Great combination for me.

Hope the Mini 2 will have nearly the same wind resistance as my Air 1?

See the latest YT video made with the Air 1:

DJI Mavic Air - Golden Hour Autumn Flying! (2 min 0 sec)

What do you think about the better wind resistance of the Mini 2.

Let me know in the comments.

Greetings from The Netherlands!
Oct 30, 2020, 06:12 AM
foamies never die
Quote:
I have to say I really like this guy - not just for what he revealed, but his style & videomaking are great fun...
Oct 30, 2020, 04:48 PM
Reach for the stars

DJI Mini 2 Specs

Dji mini 2 specs (6 min 8 sec)

Quick Reply