Nov 17, 2019, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumer61
Ordered Nov 5th. Wrote DJI a couple of times asking where's the benefit of ordering direct from DJI when I can just buy at my local store. Said if it didn't ship soon, I would consider cancelling my order.

Here's a bit of their responses...: Note I ordered Nov 5th, and shipping is expected Dec 10th
Reply #1
After checking with your order your order 00xxxxxxxxxxxx was placed 5th of November. We would like to inform you that your order will be shipped out in accordance with the expected shipment date 20-25 business days. It is expected to be shipped out on or before 10th of December.

We sincerely apologize for the long shipping time it is because aside from we follow first come first serve basis, we also vary on the availability of the items to our warehouses and we are currently experiencing a huge number of orders globally for the same item. Rest assured that we are doing our best to accommodate all your needs.

Reply #2
Please be advised that the product is currently on high demand and we follow first come first serve basis. Shipping time frame is the allocated time for us to prepare your order. Starting from assigning the warehouse, packaging, assigning the courier, and until it ships out from the warehouse.
Bunch of BS, they know we are already "sold" and also got our money, so they are serving the retailers orders first, I don't see the advantage of pre-ordering, I won't do it again.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2019, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Landing
Bunch of BS, they know we are already "sold" and also got our money, so they are serving the retailers orders first, I don't see the advantage of pre-ordering, I won't do it again.
Definitely frustrating but they must be shipping a ton of them out right now. It was a strict one per customer policy and demand must be high.
Nov 17, 2019, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Two VERY awkward flights today, the only double micro USB cable I have is the one for the DJI controller and it's not near long enough for the 8" tablet I use, so I fly with my hands and sort of cradle the display with my wrists on a table, yeesh.
Since the tablets I'm familiar with don't have a tapped hole for a tripod, I envision a need for something like the old music stand that has a big lip at the bottom that would hold one. I don't know how guys normally fly using a display rather than a phone. Either that, or you're stuck flying from a picnic table like you mentioned. It would be ideal if DJI could come up with a dongle that plugs into the controller and a similar small device that plugs into a tablet's/ iPad's USB port so there is no physical connection. As I've mentioned in another post, there are situations where it is dictated that the pilot fly line of sight and a second person monitors a tablet/ iPad. Even with a longer chord, it's going to be cumbersome at best.
Nov 17, 2019, 08:23 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Since the tablets I'm familiar with don't have a tapped hole for a tripod, I envision a need for something like the old music stand that has a big lip at the bottom that would hold one. I don't know how guys normally fly using a display rather than a phone. Either that, or you're stuck flying from a picnic table like you mentioned. It would be ideal if DJI could come up with a dongle that plugs into the controller and a similar small device that plugs into a tablet's/ iPad's USB port so there is no physical connection. As I've mentioned in another post, there are situations where it is dictated that the pilot fly line of sight and a second person monitors a tablet/ iPad. Even with a longer chord, it's going to be cumbersome at best.
I know it may seem odd at first but DJI tends to come out low end then build on performance with it's products and software. Case in point...They released a new firmware based solely on early beta testers addressing concerns and issues right at launch to general public.

As far as tablet holders, there are hundreds available styles (Gross expounder ) Same remote style and pretty much size since the Mavic Pro (original). One has to merely see what is available for Mavic Pro on up to MM and decide a purchase. Check previous threads for other models to get clues on who got what and price points and quality. As far a screen rotation and iPad support...I would imagine the next App updates will address both those issues...I (IMHO) expect them to give manual camera control equally as soon. Once they see the first onrush of the 10's of thousands of customers input and requests they will then go into full App/Firmware adjustments...much to the dismay of the Inspire 2 owners who seem to never get the features/fixes they requested months/years ago.
Nov 17, 2019, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
. Once they see the first onrush of the 10's of thousands of customers input and requests they will then go into full App/Firmware adjustments...much to the dismay of the Inspire 2 owners who seem to never get the features/fixes they requested months/years ago.
I can appreciate what you're saying. My son flies the Inspire 2 for his department and is in constant contact with DJI and where it will allow him to fly based on FAA regs. Apple just pushed through an iPad IOS update and he could not even take off until that latest update was downloaded! Keeping things current on a constantly evolving setting is maddening.
Nov 17, 2019, 09:11 AM
If you need a longer cable for your iPad Mini, I got this one on Amazon and works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Rantow+Ny...ref=nb_sb_noss
Nov 17, 2019, 10:11 AM
www.JonSmithers.com
I got this one for the iPad & the matching type C for my Tab S3. Higher rating.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers, Jon
Nov 17, 2019, 12:23 PM
foamies never die
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumer61
Ordered Nov 5th. Wrote DJI a couple of times asking where's the benefit of ordering direct from DJI when I can just buy at my local store. Said if it didn't ship soon, I would consider cancelling my order.

Here's a bit of their responses...: Note I ordered Nov 5th, and shipping is expected Dec 10th
Reply #1
After checking with your order your order 00xxxxxxxxxxxx was placed 5th of November. We would like to inform you that your order will be shipped out in accordance with the expected shipment date 20-25 business days. It is expected to be shipped out on or before 10th of December.

We sincerely apologize for the long shipping time it is because aside from we follow first come first serve basis, we also vary on the availability of the items to our warehouses and we are currently experiencing a huge number of orders globally for the same item. Rest assured that we are doing our best to accommodate all your needs.

Reply #2
Please be advised that the product is currently on high demand and we follow first come first serve basis. Shipping time frame is the allocated time for us to prepare your order. Starting from assigning the warehouse, packaging, assigning the courier, and until it ships out from the warehouse.
I had a poor experience from ordering direct from DJI - the quality of info I got from their online chat was sketchy at best - they are either reciting from a script, or incompetent - or both !
I ordered on 30th Oct about 1 hour after the launch. At the time of ordering the website wasn't clear when I would get it - but I assumed it would be the 11th Nov - but nothing came, so I contacted DJI via online chat & was told it would be 20th November before it even shipped, then after complaining this magically changed to immediate shipping & delivery in 5 days. DHL tracking showed it left Shenzhen on 11th Nov - but there were no further updates for 4 days, so I contacted DJI Online support again who said not to expect it until 20th Dec ! - aaargh. Then next day a knock on the day & there it was.
Nov 17, 2019, 12:37 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
All my 8 inch tablets fit in the Mavic style controller ( Teclast M89 and MiPad4 ) problem is the shortness of the cord, my new cord should be here monday, then things will be fine.
Nov 17, 2019, 01:00 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
On the DJI Store I have used them for years with mostly great service. My Robo took a little longer but overall they are ok.

The issue is before hand we donít know what the dealer availability will be, if itís bad then your much better in the DJI store hands however if there is plenty of supply in retail channel then your going to be quicker at the dealer.

CS for the store is entirely handled in the Philippines now so you can get some poorly translated responses. Overall they usually ship with in the time frame given at point of ordering or close too it but just because their is supply in channel does not mean it will ship any quicker from the store. Once stock is allocated you can be in the queue, Fly more especially tends to hold things up as the batteries are usually the part that in most supply.
Nov 17, 2019, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
Definitely frustrating but they must be shipping a ton of them out right now. It was a strict one per customer policy and demand must be high.
I don't think demand is THAT high, it's only the flymore kits which are hard to find. The standalone units seem to be quite plentiful in supply from what I can see. People seemed to have learned their lesson, one battery just isn't enough.

Worth mentioning that batteries appear to be available for purchase individually if you prefer to make your own “fly more kit”. FMC seems to be better value though.
Last edited by rcnewb1e; Nov 17, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
Nov 17, 2019, 01:11 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
I don't think demand is THAT high, it's only the flymore kits which are hard to find. The standalone units seem to be quite plentiful in supply from what I can see. People seemed to have learned their lesson, one battery just isn't enough.
I checked yesterday and them batts and packs ain't cheap for what they are, especially since most of the "smart battery" work seems to be happening in the drone or controller.
Does anybody know yet if these self discharge to a storage voltage?
Nov 17, 2019, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Does anybody know yet if these self discharge to a storage voltage?
It says on page 20 of the manual that they do not discharge automatically, and if not used for 10 days should be discharged manually to between 35% and 75%.
Not sure how you are supposed to do that unless you fly it.

£45 in the UK for 2 x 18650 cells.

David.
Nov 17, 2019, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkostar
I just canceled my order, I'm too old for this BS; I'll buy it locally whenever is available and once I'm 100% sure that the quality of the video is good enough for me.
Nov 17, 2019, 03:11 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3fisa
It says on page 20 of the manual that they do not discharge automatically, and if not used for 10 days should be discharged manually to between 35% and 75%.
Not sure how you are supposed to do that unless you fly it.

£45 in the UK for 2 x 18650 cells.

David.
Looks like an opportunity for the 3rd party charger dev's to add a 80% store function, or a discharger.

Quick Reply