DJI Mavic Mini Drone

DJI's Latest Drone is Here! The Mavic Mini is so small and light it doesn't require FAA Registration!!

Splash

DJI's Latest Drone is Here!

The Mavic Mini is so small and light it doesn't require FAA Registration!! The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary. Together with the easy-to-use DJI Fly app, you’ll enjoy a simplified flying experience and a perspective unlike any other.

It's easy to use, flys for 30 minutes, has a 4km range and shoots up to 2.7K video. While the video isn't as high a resolution as the larger Mavic offerings, the key here is the Mavic Mini is a tiny, simple to use drone. It's perfect for taking on vacation and you don't have to worry about any drone registration issues since it falls under 250g in weight. Probably the most intriguing part though is the price. At Just $399, the Mavic Mini is going to make it more accessible than ever to the general public. That can be good and bad and we're not going to argue that topic here. The Mavic Mini is available for purchase right now at the DJI Store.

Check out the Mavic Mini Here

Oct 30, 2019, 09:22 AM
Regards - Randy
No obstacle avoidance.
No 4k video
No Occusync 2.0
No Autonomous capability
No sale...
I guess I was hoping for more... Basically a less obtrusive version of M2. I just don’t need a toy drone.
Oct 30, 2019, 09:25 AM
DJI Mavic Mini — In-Depth Review (11 min 50 sec)
Oct 30, 2019, 10:02 AM
DJI Mavic Mini - Top 25 Things to know before you buy (19 min 44 sec)
Oct 30, 2019, 10:08 AM
Mavic Mini - Setup and First Flight (16 min 41 sec)
Oct 30, 2019, 10:18 AM
DJI Mavic Mini: In-Depth Hands-On Review (14 min 15 sec)
Oct 30, 2019, 10:36 AM
aka ShadowVFX
If this thing is capable of being cracked open so that I can actually use it at my house (100m inside DJI's definition of Class D airspace) , then I may pick it up.
Oct 30, 2019, 11:05 AM
RC Addict
I was hoping for more. Will stick with my original Mavic pro that is still awesome.
Oct 30, 2019, 11:39 AM
Mavic Mini First Impressions:

Mavic Mini First Impressions - First Flights [4K] (8 min 28 sec)
Last edited by Elhungarian; Nov 15, 2019 at 08:15 AM.
Oct 30, 2019, 12:25 PM
Big whiff considering the competition. I was hoping this would be their platform for the new digital FPV system.

Subtract about about 20% off the flight time and it’s still superior but is that enough? My Air developed burnt pixels 3 weeks after I bought so even DJI drones are still a crapshoot.
Oct 30, 2019, 12:25 PM

DJI Mavic Mini: I think the perfect upgrade from the Spark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Quad
I was hoping for more. Will stick with my original Mavic pro that is still awesome.
@Jax Ouad,

The longer flight time, 3 axis gimbal, 2,7K, lighter weight and even more portability made me pull the trigger. I just bought the Mavic Mini fly more combo!

Normaly I do not buy a drone directly after release, but based on what I´ve seen on youtube sofar the footage and stability looks great.

DJI is a big brand, so I think the Mavic Mini is a solid upgrade from the Spark. But I am very pleased with all the video´s I made with the Spark untill now.

On my channel you can see that it is possible to make very smooth video with a small drone like the Spark.

I think that the Spark was very good already and the Mavic Mini is better. I don´t need a bigger drone.

Greetings from The Netherlands and keep flying!
Oct 30, 2019, 12:48 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol
@Jax Ouad,

The longer flight time, 3 axis gimbal, 2,7K, lighter weight and even more portability made me pull the trigger. I just bought the Mavic Mini fly more combo!

Normaly I do not buy a drone directly after release, but based on what I´ve seen on youtube sofar the footage and stability looks great.

DJI is a big brand, so I think the Mavic Mini is a solid upgrade from the Spark. But I am very pleased with all the video´s I made with the Spark untill now.

On my channel you can see that it is possible to make very smooth video with a small drone like the Spark.

I think that the Spark was very good already and the Mavic Mini is better. I don´t need a bigger drone.

I was a bit concerned with the max bit rate, but just noted that the Spark is only 24 Mbps and your videos are pretty darn nice
Can't wait to see what you output with your new "Toy"
Oct 30, 2019, 02:12 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

DJI Mavic Mini Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route666
Big whiff considering the competition. I was hoping this would be their platform for the new digital FPV system.

Subtract about about 20% off the flight time and it’s still superior but is that enough? My Air developed burnt pixels 3 weeks after I bought so even DJI drones are still a crapshoot.

The FPV system was never going to be in this line of products. Ocusync 2 has some downsides that make it impossible to put in a platform if this size and cost.

The Digital FPV is entirely for racing and not going to be used in RTF models as it’s not the same setup for telem and control ect.
Oct 30, 2019, 02:52 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekol
@Jax Ouad,

It's definitely a decent little drone and I can see upgrading from the Spark. But I don't see any reason to replace a Mavic Pro. I'll check out your videos, thanks.
Oct 30, 2019, 03:09 PM
aka ShadowVFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Quad
It's definitely a decent little drone and I can see upgrading from the Spark. But I don't see any reason to replace a Mavic Pro. I'll check out your videos, thanks.
The main perk I see is the size. The Mavic is great, but this thing looks almost 1/2 the size and being able to take that literally everywhere is a huge plus IMO.

Quick Reply