NEW - FatShark HDO2 FPV Goggles

If you are a Fatshark fan like me then this new OLED FPV headset with DVR and adjustable focus should get you excited...

Splash

Fatshark Dominator HDO2

The Fatshark Dominator HDO2 headset launches as the successor to the much-loved Dominator HDO. The HDO2 uses big 1280 x 960 OLED panels to provide a dramatically improved image with a 46-degree field of view. Display customization is now possible using a new OSD with expanded controls. The HDO2 can be further personalized with adjustable focus, adjustable IPD, adjustable faceplate curvature, selectable image ratio, and a configurable power button. The HDO2 is the perfect headset for an experienced pilot looking for the best flight experience.

Optics

• FOV (field of view):46 degrees diagonal
  • IPD (interpupillary distance): 54 to 74mm (adjustable)
  • Focus:+2 to -6 diopters (adjustable)

Display

• Two Sony 0.5 OLED displays
  • Resolution: 1280X960
  • NTCS/PAL: Auto Selecting
  • AV Mode 4:3 or 16:9
  • HDMI Mode 16:9

Audio

Stereo

User Controls

• Channel Selection
  • Volume Control
  • Mode Selection
  • Display Control (Brightness and Contrast)
  • DVR Control
  • Power Button / Fan Control

Electrical

• Power Supply: 713V input voltage (2S-3S Supply)
  • Power Consumption:
  • 320mA @ 7.5V input power (no RX module)
  • 770mA @7.5V input power (Rapidfire)
  • Analog DVR: MicroSD support to 32GB
  • Record Rate: 6Mbps (MJPG compression, 30fps,AVI)
  • File playback (native recording, no codec support)
  • Upgrade via SD card

Battery

7.4V, 1.8A 18650 Battery Case (optional)

Interface

• 3.5mm AV in/out port
  • Power input port
  • 3.5mm 3p earphone port
  • MicroSD
  • RF Module Bay
  • HT connector 3 pin internal connection
  • Power Button

Mechanical

• Ergonomic molded headset w/ adjustable headband
  • Dimensions: 169.2 x 80 x 45.5mm
  • Weight: 206.8g

Photos

Learn More and Buy!

Head to the Fatshark store for more info.

Oct 30, 2019, 09:46 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Your link goes to Amazon and HDO's
Oct 30, 2019, 10:00 AM
Damn, these things get more and more expensive....
Oct 30, 2019, 10:10 AM
Thread OP
Updated.
Oct 30, 2019, 10:36 AM
fly by night
Fatshark had to do this in the face of DJI's amazing wide view HD goggles. Makes Byte Frost more attractive I guess, though I would be more inclined to use BF with the Transformer goggle unit to eliminate the ground station tethering.
Oct 30, 2019, 11:19 AM
Ya, but there's 40ms extra latency when using the LCD panel (because the video signal goes
through the DVR and OSD), and BF is all about having minimal latency. It'll be fine for cruising
but not aggressive flying.

Biggest improvements in these goggles is the wider IPD range (both narrower and wider)
and adjustable focus. I sure hope they got the implementation of the latter right.
Oct 30, 2019, 11:48 AM
Bigger higher screen with more pixels is also a big improvement. The extra adjustments does it for me. All previous FS goggles would not go down narrow enough on the IPD for me.
Oct 30, 2019, 11:52 AM
fly by night
I doubt I could even use this 46 degree goggles. I can just barely see the edges of my HDO1. FS doesn't seem to have the right ergonomics for my skull I guess. However I can see the whole screen with my 72 degree HPHD box goggles.
Oct 30, 2019, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmerly
Damn, these things get more and more expensive....

How? HD1, HD2, HD3, HDO, HDo2 ALL listed for $499.00 So better tech at same price for 5 years.
Oct 30, 2019, 05:13 PM

Well if it isnt saucy

Name: IMG_20191030_230437.jpg
Views: 201
Size: 215.7 KB
Description:
Oct 30, 2019, 05:18 PM
Retired US Navy
FYI there are some discount codes for GETFPV... at least 8%... Ordered mine first thing this morning.
Oct 30, 2019, 05:46 PM
Man 46 degrees though ? Idk my attitude v2s seem big at like 35 degrees. Wish there was a place to try
on different goggles 500$ is a lot to drop on a maybe I’ll like it.
Ps these will go nicely with byte frost when they get it dialed in though.
Oct 30, 2019, 06:14 PM
My HD3's were 42 degrees FOV so these are slightly larger than that. Much larger than the HDO's which I think were 37 degrees. This is a much bigger more expensive Sony display.
Oct 30, 2019, 06:22 PM
fly by night
pilots have massive choices of great goggles these days. Makes the decision hard I think. There's the whole iPhone (Fatshark) vs Android (Skyzone, Aomway and everyone else) thing. Then there is the new DJI stuff. Closest match to HDO1/2 is the new Skyzone OLED goggles. But then some guys are hacking their DJI to run analog TBS receivers in them too. It's a lot of money and no clear winner takes all now.
Oct 30, 2019, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
pilots have massive choices of great goggles these days. Makes the decision hard I think. There's the whole iPhone (Fatshark) vs Android (Skyzone, Aomway and everyone else) thing. Then there is the new DJI stuff. Closest match to HDO1/2 is the new Skyzone OLED goggles. But then some guys are hacking their DJI to run analog TBS receivers in them too. It's a lot of money and no clear winner takes all now.
Tbh, and I must state Im not a fanboy of fatshark at all, the hdo2 are ahead of anything in the market and they will be like that for at least 6 months, this is not subjective discussion, it isnt about Skyzone 02s, or Commanders or AttV5 offering different strong points, and giving up something compared to the other. It is facts:
Almost full Hd resolution, 46 fov, great oled pannels, (the displays inside the goggles are big, about 0.5", Greg recently explained me the importance of that), widest ipd adjustment and focal point adjustment, stereo sound, wide voltage input power and even a customizable power button.
Heck, I have always thought FSs were overpriced but this one seems like it is at another level.

About Dji, the price is higher and the goggles are big. Not saying it sucks but still needs a couple of years for cheaper, smaller vtxs and system.
Btw I hope will see more versatile Hd digital systems during that time, in fact the Hdo2 have more resolution than Dji goggles right? " So you can plug an hdmi to them, like in byte frost "
Last edited by Dashz; Oct 30, 2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply