Oct 30, 2019, 02:42 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eachine E119 heli - with futaba protocol option

All righty, some thing new at the beginner level from Banggood

https://ban.ggood.vip/QLEy

First look its like an improved V911s fbl, but with a lot of detail improvements, and the ability to connect to a Futaba radio (or anyone of our favourite radios with 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 modules - AWESOME) with an external plug in micro Rx unit. this means we can tune this helis flight settings !! could just be the new winter time indoor flier !!

350 may battery means more fly time vs the 250 in the V911s / V988 is a nice tweak. Blade grip is upgraded from the weaker V988/930/911 unit. be interesting to see how it flies compared to the V988 / V911s versions.

Many thanks to Wilson at BG for the heli to review

28 / 11 / 19 - box arrived from Banggood !

WOW this little guy flies GREAT. wow, this is everything that the V911S failed to deliver on. Flies great, agile, the 6G is not overly intrusive. 12 minutes fly time zipping around indoors. Added futaba satellite and had it sorted on the Devo 10 easy as. 125 rates on the ail, ele and tail and mate its a bundle of fun. Some serious crashes and only issue is paint loss on the main rotors. Big improvement over the WL V911S which was a real dud.......

total thumbs up EACHINE !

More to follow
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Nov 29, 2019 at 08:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2019, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
Reserved for Specs and Related

link to the owners manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_mZ...k128nbn9L/view

Product: RC Helicopter
Frequency: 2.4G
Channel: 4CH
Controller Modes: 2 Kinds
Mode 1: Right Hand Throttle
Mode 2: Left Hand Throttle
Body Length: 268mm
Body Height: 80mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 249mm
Main Motor: 8520 Coreless Motor
Tail Motor: 0615 Coreless Motor
Flight Distance: 80-100M
Flight Time: Approx 15Mins
Charge Time: About 60Mins
Battery: 3.7V 350mAH Lipo Battery (Included)
Battery Of Controller: 6*1.5V AA Batteries (Not included)
Flight Weight: 46g
Packing Size: 352*254*91mm

Features:
- 4CH, 6-Aixs gy ro, flybarless, it takes advantage of principle of aerodynamics to design the blades, provides the strong power and makes the helicopter to fly stably.
- Using the 8520 coreless main motor, the motor case is made of high temperature resistant material(Max 150℃), reduce the problem causing by high temperature, such as lose magnet.
- 3.7V 350mAh 25C lipo battery to provide strong power, flight time is up to 15 mins.
- The canopy is made of tenacious materials, high-elasticity and crashworthy.
- 4CH transmitter, with LED display, to read the flight data clearly.
- With head-direction Indicator light, helps to distinguish the flight direction during the flight.
- Flight weight is only 46g, aerodynamic body to reduce flying drag, saving power and looks beautiful.
Note: If you want to bind to futaba S-FHSS protocol, need to buy extra MINI futa ba receiver board by yourself( optional and order it freely)
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Nov 01, 2019 at 01:20 PM.
Oct 30, 2019, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
Kiwi's Initial Review and Flight impressions

Whilst there are allot of similarities to the WL V988 and V911S FP helis, there are also allot of improvements, especially over the V911S in the flight controller department. In brief this thing flies rings around the V911S and is the all round better heli to buy.

This heli is everything that the V911S failed to deliver on. Flies great, agile, the 6G is not overly intrusive. 12 minutes fly time zipping around indoors, robust rotor head (aV911s/v988/v930 weak point).

EACHINE used the larger 2.5mm tail section vs the 2.0mm used on the wl's. The box section is glossy which means it also received an exterior coat of the glue = stronger. The tail section is noticeable longer than the WL birds as well.

The tail motor is held in place with a holding plate, like many other I've lost numerous WL tail motors in a crash - the motor pops out of the mount and rips the wires off, not going to happen on the EACHINE.

The main gear is notably stiffer, and it uses a 9t plastic pinion vs the WL brass 8t. Pinion mesh is better and it uses a finer tooth modulus. The drive line runs noticeably quieter.

Chassis plate and servo mount are different to the WL version. I like the canopy stoppers on the canopy prongs.

Best of all is the revised rotor head assembly, this is a real weak point on the WL, I've busted dozens of them on the V930/V988, the EACHINE unit is miles stronger.

Next big difference is the main blades, the WL use a CP rotor blade and have the fixed pitch set in the rotor blade grip. EACHINE the grip is horizontal and they set the pitch in the blade. the blades are curved as well. All I can say is it works great, I'm seeing 12 minutes flight time vs only 6 (with a smaller battery) on the WL.

Batteries: these seem really decent 350 mah with good output and 12 minutes aggressive indoor flying time.

The RED led in the chassis plate tells you when it's bound - flashing to solid colour, and starts flashing at low voltage = a nice feature. Given there is a dedicated LED power plug on the board it's going to be easy to add additional LED's to this little guy.

Stock tx is basically the same shell as the V911s. However the dual rates are better, low is noticeably different to the high setting. In high its pretty agile and it has a fast tail response, perfect for indoors whipping it around quickly and it has a reasonable bank angle before the 6G kicks in. Top marks here for an easy to fly machine that is still fun to fly as well.

the EACHINE has a built in Satellite port, this means you can add a satellite and be flying on your favourite TX I Added a futaba satellite and had it sorted on the Devo 10 easy as. Or you can fly on the nice XK tx if you have some XK helis. Hopefully it has an industry known native protocol that means if you have a TX with a 4 in 1 module you can bind and fly without the need for a satellite, however having the sat port is a big plus and a few dollars on a satellite and your good to go on a quality Tx unit of your choice.

I went 125 rates on the ail, ele and tail and man its a bundle of fun. Some serious crashes and only issue is paint loss on the main rotors. After repeated crash abuse I finally broke the tail fin........

Its way better made the the WL units that for sure. and flies rings around the V911s in every aspect.

Very good job by EACHINE, I hope they step up into something next level in the micro heli field, this is a great start product.

EACHINE E119 vs V911s

Stronger rotor head assembly, this is a real weak point on the WL's

Stronger tail boom

better tail motor mount

350 mah battery vs 250 mah

12 minutes flight time vs maybe 8 minutes on the WL

Better main gear mesh and quieter running

the dual rates are noticeably different low vs high , the WL there is barely any noticeable difference..

and most importantly of all, miles better flying characteristics, in high rates it is agile, the 6G is not overly intrusive and it has a fast tail response. Piro correction is very good also.

Satellite port means you can fly it with your aftermarket TX and really have fun with this little guy.

E119 vs V911s, the EACHINE E119 is hands down superior to fly and the better buy

XK K6 transmitter

The XK K6 transmitter binds and flys on the K110 setting when using the satellite module from Banggood.

https://www.eachine.com/Eachine-E119...SS-p-1749.html

Photos to follow
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Dec 01, 2019 at 12:19 AM.
Oct 30, 2019, 02:45 AM
Thread OP
Updates and mods - master list

Banggood have a really nice compact Futaba protocol Sat unit, I used this and it is plug n play, bind button on the unit is a nice feature = makes life easy. This works with the XK K6 transmitter and Devo 10 with 4 in 1 module on FHSS

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E11...tlinkid=708966

Since it uses the larger 2.5mm tail boom, the range of V977 / K110 alloy tail motor mounts will also work with this heli.

https://www.banggood.com/Tail-Motor-...tlinkid=708970

and the range of 10mm main motor heat sinks will also fit

https://www.banggood.com/Walkera-Gen...tlinkid=708973

Tail blades, black is a tad boring, thee are white and coloured tail blades out there.

https://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V911...tlinkid=709355

I really like the aftermarket fluro green tail blades they really stand out nicely.

How to get slop out of the stock tx throttle channel, go to 28:28 minutes into the video

Eachine - E119 - RTF Heli - Unbox, Setup, & Maiden Flights (1 hr 2 min 40 sec)

ADDED 30th Sept 2020 Debug Video

Eachine E119 2.4GHz, 4Ch, 6 Axis Gyro, Flybarless RC Helicopter (RTF) + AKK A1-OSD on board (8 min 59 sec)
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Sep 29, 2020 at 06:50 PM.
Oct 30, 2019, 03:14 AM
Thread OP
Soon see how it compares to the WL V988 and WL V911S versions. I can see lots of detail improvements over the WL models and we have the promise of Futaba - aftermarket radio abilities. Will it knock off the WL v988 ?? as the best 4ch micro going, soon see !

it kills the V911s dead....... flies great outdoors, it takes the V988 in 3g mode on an aftermarket radio to get the edge over it. Well done EACHINE

Bash tested !

I have literally beaten the hell out of this thing the last two days. tail fin finally busted off and the canopy has a couple of cracks and the rotor blades are looking tatty, it just keeps flying and I'm being as rough as heck with it.......... had some serious full speed whacks in the garage as it miles to windy to fly anything out doors, I keep it pegged full aileron and circle faster and faster until I lose it......... simple fun ! does tight figure 8s and generally tears around in small spaces with ease, I'm liking it ! the V911s was so damn useless in comparison
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Dec 01, 2019 at 12:26 AM.
Oct 30, 2019, 07:28 PM
Fly Navy!
Couldn't wait for the review. I have been looking at helos for awhile and figured it was worth a try for $45 shipped (after $6 off $49 promo) with 4 batteries. Looking forward to your review and any tips you provide.
Oct 30, 2019, 09:06 PM
All ears here Craig subscribed.
Oct 31, 2019, 08:26 PM
Flight Time: Approx 15Mins
Nov 01, 2019, 07:42 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Take a look at the blades, they are convex , a very effective design for a fixed pitch heli. The E119 will probably be able to fly a lot slower RPM than the other 4 ch. a very good thing for living room flying.
Nov 01, 2019, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
They have changed the blade grip design which was a weak point on the v930/v988/v911s versions.

119 is 911 in reverse, coincidence ???
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Nov 01, 2019 at 07:41 PM.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:05 PM
Eachine E119 RC RTF Helicopter (1 min 51 sec)
Nov 20, 2019, 04:32 AM
For more information.
Futaba MINI Receiver.
Nov 25, 2019, 04:45 AM
Eachine has just uploaded information about the futaba receiver
https://www.eachine.com/Eachine-E119...SS-p-1749.html
Nov 28, 2019, 03:12 PM

Eachine E119 Long Flying Flybarless Stabilized Helicopter Flight Test Review

Don't be fooled by its low price (also try coupon code BGE11912 for 12 percent off). This flybarless stabilized helicopter is an easy and very maneuverable flier. Can be flown indoors or outdoors.

and here is its flight demonstration.
Eachine E119 Long Flying Flybarless Stabilized Helicopter Flight Test Review (27 min 49 sec)

Pros
- Inexpensive helicopter for what this can do.
- Lightweight, only 46 grams.
- Flybarless helicopter. All stabilization is done through onboard 6G electronic gyros and accelerometers. Easy to fly with this stabilization system. It's very similar (if not the same) as flying a 6G stabilized drone.
- Very maneuverable with swashplate cyclic control of pitch and roll (collective up/down control is through throttle power only).