Windrider RC Transmitter Holster

Check out this Holster to carry your RC transmitter hand free!

Splash

3D Printed Holster for Your Radio

Sometimes at the field, you need to carry your plane with two hands. Maybe it's windy or the plane is just too big to carry with one hand. You need both hands free, but you have to carry your transmitter too. What do you do? You might try to carry both, but that can end up putting some hangar rash on your plane or dropping your radio to the ground. What if there was an easier way.

Windrider has a 3D printed holster that attaches to your belt and allows you to hang your transmitter from it. It keeps your hands free to safely carry your plane and it looks super cool too! OK maybe not cool looking part, but sometimes function trumps form and who are we trying to impress at the model airplane field anyway. Due to shipping costs, they sell them in a 3-pack for $30, a 6-pack for $45 and a 9-pack for $60. They could make great Christmas gifts, or club raffle items or door prizes at a swap meet and come in a variety of colors.

Check out the Windrider RC Transmitter Holster Here

Oct 31, 2019, 08:12 AM
Quote:
You need both hands free, but you have to carry your transmitter too. What do you do?
Use a neck strap? Even if you don't want to fly with one it's a secure way to carry a transmitter to the flight line.

But maybe wearing a big chunk of brightly-coloured plastic on your belt will take off as a fashion statement Sadly I don't wear a belt while flying so will never be able to model this particular accessory
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Oct 31, 2019, 10:00 AM
Perpetual Noob
I carry my models to the flight line leaving my trannie on the test stand. That way, even with throttle cut set I don't worry about any sudden changes happening. The test stand also makes a great place to stand while I make another check of the control surfaces.
Oct 31, 2019, 10:14 AM
If you have to go pee pee.... You might have a hard time getting your wee wee out??
Oct 31, 2019, 12:59 PM
Try that with a Jeti and that thing won’t last long!
Nov 04, 2019, 12:14 AM
Pretty ridiculous IMO. Though I also hate neck straps. Way too much bending over involved in RC(yeah yeah, ha ha...), so afaic neither are an option for me. Constantly flipping switches and worrying about banging it into things when you bend down to check a battery or whatever...
Nov 08, 2019, 12:49 PM
Landing is not optional
It amazes me at the selection of material that is "article worthy!"

Quick Reply