Oct 30, 2019, 10:24 AM
It should be a fantastic heli, looking at it's predecessors. Not a must have for me, but it will be my new recommendation for. New fliers that don't want to start with ultra micros.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2019, 12:34 PM
Heligamist
If I didn't have something already I'd definitely get this stepping up from the 230S. I think it will sell well as a heli with it's features that's 450 size has been lacking in their lineup. People still want the stability modes on one.
Oct 30, 2019, 02:28 PM
Something dangerous to do!
My heli flying has progressed more since I got my 230 Ss (2) than it did in eight years with my other 8 to 10 birds. I have a ball in stability mode and am flying more and more in agility mode now. I want both a 150 S and this one too!
Oct 30, 2019, 03:55 PM

Blade 330s

Well, Iím bored the current state of our hobby and as I had mentioned in my two forgotten forums, Iím coming back to heli flying. This is the bird that has peaked my interest enough to get one on the way form my closest hobby store! Have dusted off the Trex600e, flybarred to get me going. Blade will be my first flybarless ever so hope it gives me enough confidence in stable mode toegg me on. Pat
Oct 30, 2019, 04:13 PM
this should do the trick Pat welcome back! With any luck at all, they will have left the FBL setup issues on the last round of helis and this one is truly RTF, or BNF and works great right out of the box!
Oct 30, 2019, 07:44 PM
TBH This heli also interested me...since I crashed my mCPS which possibly damaged the board and is sourcing an outdoor heli mate with my 150S.

I just donít know if it can be flown comfortably in a relatively small field, like an outdoor hockey field or something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oct 31, 2019, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPATRICK
Well, Iím bored the current state of our hobby and as I had mentioned in my two forgotten forums, Iím coming back to heli flying. This is the bird that has peaked my interest enough to get one on the way form my closest hobby store! Have dusted off the Trex600e, flybarred to get me going. Blade will be my first flybarless ever so hope it gives me enough confidence in stable mode toegg me on. Pat
Pat, you're in for a treat! The first time I tried fbl after years of learning a Blade 400, was like my sub-conscience woke up, suddenly wind was no longer a factor during landing or sudden gusts.
Pat
Oct 31, 2019, 04:39 AM
CŠ bhfuil MicheŠl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanYeung
TBH This heli also interested me...since I crashed my mCPS which possibly damaged the board and is sourcing an outdoor heli mate with my 150S.

I just don’t know if it can be flown comfortably in a relatively small field, like an outdoor hockey field or something similar?

If you ask me, going from an mCPS is like going from driving a mini to a bus. Yes it can be done, but you'll feel it.

A hockey field is ok but you're doing to have to have really good hands on the stick to ensure it doesn't run away, otherwise you're kind of stuck doing low speed passes and figures.

Mind no humans and dogs around! As much as I love dogs, helis just drive them bananas ie chase/hunt mode.
Oct 31, 2019, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez
If you ask me, going from an mCPS is like going from driving a mini to a bus. Yes it can be done, but you'll feel it.

A hockey field is ok but you're doing to have to have really good hands on the stick to ensure it doesn't run away, otherwise you're kind of stuck doing low speed passes and figures.

Mind no humans and dogs around!

Thanks spykez, thatís quite a solid response to my question.

I have a 150S and currently transferring knowledge from nanos/mCPS to it. And as alwaysóóbigger is better!

Based on my current circumstances (both flying place and storage area) I may have to skip this one, not because itís bad choice but because I have no flying place for it. Hope I may have chance to fly one in future.

Oct 31, 2019, 08:26 AM
CŠ bhfuil MicheŠl?
Don't get me wrong, if you keep it low and tight it's possible. It's just that I think you'd really want to have superb control when you do a loop, stall turn or funnel or variation.
Oct 31, 2019, 08:34 AM
Yeah thatís ok and Iím far from superb control...at least I hope I can be there some day.
Thanks for that!

Oct 31, 2019, 09:09 AM
Heligamist
I fly in about 2-3 acres out front with my smaller helis and a 360mm is almost too much. A 325mm can be flown sport comfortably if you have good control for maneuvers. It's not something I'd do just starting out after moving up in size though. My bigger helis get flown over the farm field where I have lots of space.
Oct 31, 2019, 10:10 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Interesting that IU2 is set at 80% per the manual... This thing might have some power to it.

Source: https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH5900-Manual-EN.pdf
Oct 31, 2019, 07:18 PM
CŠ bhfuil MicheŠl?
Actually, the e-flite 440 is smaller than a scorpion 2221.

But the heli I guesstimate will be light, around 750-800g AUW, so IMO the 440 will be enough, but will bog a lot more than a similar heli with a 2221 (I've had both, stock 450X and modded with 2221's).

It will be more powerful for sure than a B400 or 450 3D stock.

Just IMO, the motor shafts tend to wear out. And there are really no replacement shafts AFAIK.
Oct 31, 2019, 07:24 PM
Spykes, you might be the guy to ask... do you know if anyone carries a pinion gear with the 2221 size ID? I have a 3S 2221 sitting here since I went 4S on my 450 pro DFC.

Quick Reply