Horizon Hobby Blade 330 S RTF Helicopter

The Blade 330 S helicopter takes intermediate pilots to the next level with the advantage of SAFE and SMART technology. Advanced technology and modern design allow pilots to grow their skills.

Splash

Latest 330 Size Heli from Blade

The Blade 330 S helicopter takes intermediate pilots to the next level with the advantage of SAFE and SMART technology. Advanced technology and modern design allow pilots to grow their skills. Nestled perfectly between the collective pitch sensation Blade® 230 S V2 and the high performance 360 CFX models, the Blade 330 S takes intermediate pilots to the next level. It’s easy to step up with features such as a new modern robust design, easy-to-fly Blade SAFE® Helicopter Firmware, new rotor head, new main frame, and optimized power system. Spektrum™ H3055 and H3065 digital metal geared servos provide precise response and durability, while the carbon fiber main blades ensure precision flight performance and consistency.

Both the Ready-to-Fly and Bind-N-Fly™ Basic versions come with a Smart ESC, however, the RTF includes a battery and charger providing important telemetry data without extra modules or wires as well as delivering impressive flight stability and performance. With one of the best SAFE heli experiences yet, the refined stabilization and recovery modes allow pilots to grow their skills. The 330 S is engineered for intermediate to advanced heli pilots by offering a highly-tuned machine with innovative Smart and SAFE® technology ready for first forays into advanced flight.

Check out the Horizon Hobby Blade 330 S RTF Helicopter Here

Oct 29, 2019, 09:00 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Same 440 motor with the thin (easily worn) motor shaft or beefed up now?
Oct 29, 2019, 09:53 AM
Seems great ! Would it be possible to take its safe system and put in on a Blade 360cfx ? (3s)
Oct 29, 2019, 10:08 AM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Depends on the throw and ccpm layouts supported. This is a 450 3D / X really. I suspect you're better off buying a new controller if you've already got a 360
Oct 29, 2019, 10:33 AM
Voltage is LiFe
Awesome. What I've been waiting for: a Blade 450-class heli with bail out and tons of spare parts/ upgrades. If I get one (probably next year) will swap out the ESC for a 4S capable one, and run my 4S packs, with a modified throttle curve
Oct 29, 2019, 08:28 PM
Fantastic! I can finally buy a new 440 motor to replace the 420 on my FBL conversion 450 3d! looks like the new canopy would fit too, but I have the flaming red one, which I really like

I already have a set of H3050's on mine, I just wonder if the CF frame is much different from the plastic? mine flies great except for the under-powered motor, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Oct 29, 2019, 08:52 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
From the pictures, the frame is plastic. It's ok, really.
Oct 29, 2019, 09:03 PM
I must be missing something because I can't figure out why someone would pick this over a 360CFX. SAFE?
Oct 29, 2019, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez
From the pictures, the frame is plastic. It's ok, really.
Absolutely, it is the 450 3d / 450X frame. Just a new fbl and servos.
Oct 29, 2019, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX
I must be missing something because I can't figure out why someone would pick this over a 360CFX. SAFE?
I haven't looked at pricing, but I would guess they are quite a bit less. The airframe is tried and true. No, I wouldn't trade my Fusion 270 for one, and I didn't buy a 360cfx, largely because of cost, considering I have a t-rex 450 pro dfc stretch. But I still fly the heck out of my 450 3d.,. The air frame is light, I get 4 and a half minutes out of it. It's agile enough, thick tail boom cheap parts... One of my favorites. Then comes this one with a modern look and a nice fbl.... Why not?
Oct 29, 2019, 09:30 PM
It’s the first 400 size BNF heli with full SAFE and CP tail that I’m aware of, I would probably got this over the 230s a few years ago had it been out.. I love my330x and the plastic frame is no biggie to me, I have never broke one ..and I’ve crashed it pretty good ..
Oct 29, 2019, 09:35 PM
Cá bhfuil Micheál?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
I haven't looked at pricing, but I would guess they are quite a bit less. The airframe is tried and true. No, I wouldn't trade my Fusion 270 for one, and I didn't buy a 360cfx, largely because of cost, considering I have a t-rex 450 pro dfc stretch. But I still fly the heck out of my 450 3d.,. The air frame is light, I get 4 and a half minutes out of it. It's agile enough, thick tail boom cheap parts... One of my favorites. Then comes this one with a modern look and a nice fbl.... Why not?
For the record, I am happy this is out. Probably implies Blade are going to have some spares for my 450X.
Oct 30, 2019, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
Canadian pricing makes the 330 s a tough sell unless you're just starting out in the hobby. There's only a RTF listed, and it comes with the battery/charger, but it's $616 CDN. The 360 CFX BNF is $506 CDN. Unless the BNF is around $400 CDN I can't see it being a huge seller compared to the 360 CFX, the only real advantage is the 330 S has SAFE.
Oct 30, 2019, 09:24 AM
$450 US.... Not horrible.
Oct 30, 2019, 09:31 AM
Heligamist
I've got an Ikon on a FBL converted 450 3D and a Spirit on my 360CFX so not for me right now. But good deal on spares being available longer.

Quick Reply