Thread Tools
Oct 30, 2019, 02:36 PM
Registered User
I also would not like the fan running all the time, even if it is at a low RPM. My understanding from the video of Mr. Steele is that it can be fixed via a software update.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2019, 02:44 PM
Registered User
I found the manual for the HDO2 here: https://getfpv.com/media/downloads/m...ual%20RevC.pdf
Oct 30, 2019, 05:14 PM
Retired US Navy
Evan D's Avatar
I just realized I may have made a bad assumption. I use HT, head tracker, a lot. I saw it still has the HT button but there's no plug for the cable. Looks like there is a micro USB connector in the bay. Could there be a new cable coming out which is why the old cable was disconnected?

I ordered my HDO2 first thing this morning so I may have a issue or not????
Oct 30, 2019, 05:37 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
How could the my Trinity module work with out PWM Port?

Scott
Oct 30, 2019, 08:47 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
How could the my Trinity module work with out PWM Port?

Scott
It can't. Not only did they remove the HT output jack, but they changed the position of the header inside
the HT bay making it incompatible with all existing HT modules. We don't even know if the new header is for HT
module or something else. It's not a deal breaker for me as I can still use HT in every other FS goggle
I own, but it's super annoying.
Oct 30, 2019, 09:21 PM
Retired US Navy
Evan D's Avatar
I have an external Trinity I could fall back on but if it doesn’t have HT it is a deal breaker. I have a dozen quads that don’t need it but I have another dozen or more planes with FPV and more than half have HT. I do have a manual way to move the cameras in each but the point is head tracking. I’m not going to keep my HDO’s to keep HT since the main point is better vision, resolution, FOV and focus in getting the ‘2. I PMed FS and GetFPV asking... I have no issue if there is some new HT module, after all they discontinued their cable. I hope there future way uses a simple 3.5 to 3.5...

Could a new wireless system be on the horizon?

But if there’s no HT capability it is a fail for me.
Oct 30, 2019, 10:42 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
I have an external Trinity I could fall back on but if it doesnít have HT it is a deal breaker. I have a dozen quads that donít need it but I have another dozen or more planes with FPV and more than half have HT. I do have a manual way to move the cameras in each but the point is head tracking. Iím not going to keep my HDOís to keep HT since the main point is better vision, resolution, FOV and focus in getting the Ď2. I PMed FS and GetFPV asking... I have no issue if there is some new HT module, after all they discontinued their cable. I hope there future way uses a simple 3.5 to 3.5...

Could a new wireless system be on the horizon?

But if thereís no HT capability it is a fail for me.
I have both versions of the Trinity, the internal and external. So possibly a deal breaker. No 3D is definitely a deal breaker, but the ORQA donít have 3D either. As the resolution goes up the features go down. The HDO was the first high end Fatshark I did not buy. This will be the second. I am waiting for Oled 720 horizontal lines in 3D with a 5.8 Rx bay, then I will buy again. Otherwise my 3+ year old collection of googles feature sets still beats Fatshark by a landslide. I have owned many Fatshark including HD1-3, the HD1 is the last one that had something new and did not give up something important.

Scott
Oct 31, 2019, 12:59 AM
Registered User
fatshark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
How could the my Trinity module work with out PWM Port?

Scott
You can contact a repair center for a classic Vin board and swap out the button board. You will need to solder the fan to the Vbatt.
There's a reason I try to not change designs too much.
Sorry to not immediately support head tracking but sales of head trackers literally account for 0.15% off all headset sales. At current HT inventory levels I have enough to supply the market for 10 years.
Fat Shark
Oct 31, 2019, 01:35 AM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Fatshark, thank you for the reply and reason. Will Fatshark support any 3D protocols moving forward? If so what?

Scott
Oct 31, 2019, 02:34 AM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
You can contact a repair center for a classic Vin board and swap out the button board. You will need to solder the fan to the Vbatt.
There's a reason I try to not change designs too much.
Sorry to not immediately support head tracking but sales of head trackers literally account for 0.15% off all headset sales. At current HT inventory levels I have enough to supply the market for 10 years.
Fat Shark
Just because you don't sell very many new HT boards doesn't mean people don't still use and rely heavily on the
ones they have. We move the HT modules we already own into the new $500 goggles we buy every few years,
right up until the new goggles stop supporting that feature, then maybe we don't buy the goggles any more.
Yes there are not as many people getting into fixed wing aircraft that are big enough to carry pan&tilt
these days but I can't help that. I still use the HT and at least Pan if if not Pan&Tilt in any aircraft big enough.
Last edited by Daemon; Oct 31, 2019 at 02:46 AM.
Oct 31, 2019, 02:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Just because you don't sell very many new HT boards doesn't mean people don't still use and rely heavily on the
ones they have. We move the HT modules we already own into the new $500 goggles we buy every few years,
right up until the new goggles stop supporting that feature, then maybe we don't buy the goggles any more.
Yes there are not as many people getting into fixed wing aircraft that are big enough to carry pan&tilt
these days but I can't help that. I still use the HT and at least Pan if if not Pan&Tilt in any aircraft big enough.
As far as I understand the answer, instead of just moving the HT board you move both the HT board and the power board on the bottom of it.
Oct 31, 2019, 05:57 AM
Retired US Navy
Evan D's Avatar
As noted I’ve had the same Trinity board in my two HD3’s and now my HDO. Unless I can mod it to go into the HDO2 I’ll need to cancel the order.

Fat Shark are the pins in the power supply boards the same electrically and just in a different place? If so I could make up an adapter and at the same time make it use a simple 3.5 to 3.5 cable.

Wow I am so unhappy about that answer. Why did you label the button HT then, what does it do?
Oct 31, 2019, 05:59 AM
Retired US Navy
Evan D's Avatar
You say immediately. What does that mean? Will you add it to the HDO2 at some point?


Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
You can contact a repair center for a classic Vin board and swap out the button board. You will need to solder the fan to the Vbatt.
There's a reason I try to not change designs too much.
Sorry to not immediately support head tracking but sales of head trackers literally account for 0.15% off all headset sales. At current HT inventory levels I have enough to supply the market for 10 years.
Fat Shark
Oct 31, 2019, 07:09 AM
Registered User
fatshark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Just because you don't sell very many new HT boards doesn't mean people don't still use and rely heavily on the
ones they have. We move the HT modules we already own into the new $500 goggles we buy every few years,
right up until the new goggles stop supporting that feature, then maybe we don't buy the goggles any more.
Yes there are not as many people getting into fixed wing aircraft that are big enough to carry pan&tilt
these days but I can't help that. I still use the HT and at least Pan if if not Pan&Tilt in any aircraft big enough.
I get that but I designed it so the old board and head tracker will still work. I kinda assume that when most customers upgrade their goggles they sell their old one. If HT is important ( I get that it is a to a core group of fixed wing pilots) then with soldering two wires, the button board can be swapped into the old goggles and the HT board put in the new ones. Probably up the resale value of the old one if it gets hopped up with a power button. The other option is to send the goggles into a repair center and they'll install the old Vin board and return you both boards (at no charge). The other option is to use an external head tracker. Ok none are are ideal but it was either that or endlessly suffer ridicule for no power button.
Fat Shark
Oct 31, 2019, 07:13 AM
Registered User
fatshark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
You say immediately. What does that mean? Will you add it to the HDO2 at some point?
It means maybe I'll get around to it if I manage to not get crushed by DJI over the next year.
In the meantime, see above post. I haven't locked anyone out.
Fat Shark


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fatshark HDO2 gorro FPV Equipment 23 Nov 02, 2019 06:44 AM
Discussion Fatshark Dominator HeadTracker Hack/Mod bdellon FPV Talk 3 Mar 29, 2017 03:17 AM
Article Fatshark Dominator FPV Goggles Review Matt Gunn FPV Talk 273 Jan 08, 2017 12:34 AM
Mini-Review Fatshark Dominator HD v2 VS old Fatshark Dominator remsan FPV Talk 5 Dec 06, 2015 04:39 AM
Discussion Fatshark Attitude v2 vs Fatshark Dominator v2 OldManJ FPV Equipment 0 Aug 19, 2014 02:43 PM