Oct 29, 2019, 05:02 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
New Product

Fatshark Dominator HDO2

Manual: https://blog.whichfpvkwad.com/wp-con...anual-RevC.pdf

Optics
  • FOV (field of view): 46 degrees diagonal
  • IPD (interpupillary distance): 54 to 74 mm (adjustable)
  • Focus: +2 to -6 diopters (adjustable)

Display
  • Two Sony 0.5 OLED displays
  • Resolution 1280 X 960
  • NTCS/PAL auto selecting
  • AV Mode 4:3
  • AV Mode 16:9
  • HDMI Mode 16:9

Audio
  • Stereo

User Controls
  • Channel Selection
  • Volume Control
  • Mode Selection
  • Display Control (Brightness and Contrast)
  • DVR Control
  • Power Button / Fan Control

Electrical
  • Power Supply: 7 13V input voltage (2S 3S Supply)
  • Power Consumption: 320mA @ 7.5V input power (no RX module)
  • 770mA @ 7.5V input power (Rapid
  • Analog DVR: MicroSD support to 32 GB
  • Record Rate: 6Mbps (MJPG compression, 30 fps, AVI)
  • File playback (native recording, no codec support)
  • Upgradeable via SD card

Battery
  • 7.4V, 1.8A 18650 Battery Case (optional))

Interface
  • 3.5mm AV in/out port
  • Power input port
  • 3.5mm 3p earphone port
  • MicroSD
  • RF Module Bay
  • HT connector 3 pin internal connection
  • Power Button

Mechanical
  • Ergonomic molded headset w/ adjustable headband
  • Dimensions: 169.2 x 80 x 45.5 mm
  • Weight: 206.8 g

Prices

Switching FPV Goggles after 4yrs | Must be Good 🤫 | FatShark HDO2 (26 min 10 sec)
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; Nov 02, 2019 at 06:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2019, 08:52 AM
I will buy them as soon as possible! (If the specs for IPD are correct) I can never get narrow enough IPD on any of the previous Fatsharks without carving them up internally.
Oct 29, 2019, 06:24 PM
A power button, 1280 X 960 resolution, sounds good!
Oct 29, 2019, 06:36 PM
I have zero interest in the power button, but narrower IPD and fully adjustable focus
is pretty exciting.
Oct 29, 2019, 07:36 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts

Fatshark needs to support more input protocols!

If it can do HD3D at 720P SBS or 1080P SBS input on the HDMI, I will buy one. I see that it will not be native 1080P 2D or 3D. After three years my Royole Moon in 2D and 3D, SJ-H01 in 3D, and Googles two in 2D, are still the only googles that can do that. I have been waiting for Fatshark to catch up. I did not think the HDO1 was an upgrade to the HD3. I have owned HD1-3, Att3 and others, but this looks like an upgrade if it can input 3D.

I have quite the collection, because Fatshark does not support 1080P input, if they would just support the various inputs, I would sell everything but the Royole Moons and something for a passenger.

I have asked Fatshark about this. I will post results, should I get some.

Scott
Oct 29, 2019, 08:11 PM
What HD3D cameras are you using on your FPV aircraft? Sounds a market of one.
Oct 29, 2019, 08:48 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
What HD3D cameras are you using on your FPV aircraft? Sounds a market of one.
The one on the delta is SD3D interlaced. It is compatible with the Attitude 3.

The one on top is SD3D SBS, it has multiple configurations.

For 2DHD at 720P and 1080P, I use a GOPRO Hero 4 Black.

I use “regular” cameras for 2DSD like you see in the cockpit of the BVM Electra.

The bottom two are from EMR Laboratories Inc., they are the 3DHD-Lite units. Trevor is the CEO, if anyone can invent or help you modify something, it is him. the middle one does 720P SBS HD3D 60FPS. The bottom one is modded for 1080P SBS HD3D 30FPS. I have had these for five years. I got into fpv before there was fpv. I moved on to 3DHD a long time ago, but I am not going to build my own google. I have waited too long for the industry to catch up. Most of these “improved googles” are just regurgitated tech, imho. Now that they are getting screens that are almost there, in the 12th hour, now they stopped supporting 3D and 1080P. Good thing that FatShark is not the leader in tech, but they sure hold an incredible market share. If I find out they are supporting 480, 720P, 1080P in 2D and 3D I will change my attitude 3 and my HD3 for the new HDO2.

Scott

Scott
Oct 30, 2019, 03:45 AM
Stuck in J19ζ7
Apparently the HDO2 no longer has any slots for custom diopters (confirmed by Joshua Bardwell, who already has an HDO2).

So, if you need any kind of prism/cylinder or have a prescription outside of Fat Shark's +2 to -6 range, you're shᴉt out of luck.

One question, Fat Shark: Are you guys smoking your own toe nails?
Oct 30, 2019, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7evin
Apparently the HDO2 no longer has any slots for custom diopters (confirmed by Joshua Bardwell, who already has an HDO2).

So, if you need any kind of prism/cylinder or have a prescription outside of Fat Shark's +2 to -6 range, you're shᴉt out of luck.

One question, Fat Shark: Are you guys smoking your own toe nails?
That's very odd, I use prescription inserts. Hmm, do they expect the focus adjustment to provide image correction? That's a potential negative for me.

OK, here we go - Adjustable focus to replace diopter lenses, designed for those who wear glasses, covering the +2 to -6 range. Fine - as long as your eye condition only relates to long/short sightedness.
Last edited by Flynn203; Oct 30, 2019 at 04:17 AM.
Oct 30, 2019, 08:15 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
Switching FPV Goggles after 4yrs | Must be Good 🤫 | FatShark HDO2 (26 min 10 sec)
Oct 30, 2019, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
I have zero interest in the power button, but narrower IPD and fully adjustable focus
is pretty exciting.
The HDO2 has a jumper, which is set to Legacy Mode (no power button) when you get it. But you can use the jumper to set it to Button Mode to use the power button. That's great news.
Oct 30, 2019, 11:17 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
I Love the FOCUS capability.... FINALLY.

I hope they are an improved goggle overall.
Oct 30, 2019, 01:32 PM
So much of that review wasted talking about the power button.. sigh.

He griped that the foam is too thin and that when focus is adjusted
optimally his eyelashes brush against the lenses. Thing is, thicker foam
cannot fix that. The distance from eye to lens to achieve optimal
focus is always the same (for any given person's eye). If he adds thicker foam,
he'd have to run the focus adjustment out further until the lenses are close
to his eyes again. Generally the only way to provide more
eye relief (more range of usable distance between lens and eyeball) is to use
less magnification and thus narrower FoV. That's why the DomV2
and HDO optics work for more people than the super high FoV HD, HD2 optics.

Bit bummed to see that the headtracker port is gone (I do use one)
and that the fan runs all the time. Most of the time I don't need
the fan, and it just dries the eyes out in my dry climate.
Oct 30, 2019, 01:37 PM
fly by night
I could use the wider IPD actually. HDO1 too narrow on max setting for me.

these are only good because they take the awesome 3rd party modules. I am willing to get that DJI still have them beat for an honest to goodness high quality HD video+optic system. Just have to hack them to use with an analog module (and it is being done now). I mean honest HD which is 1080p.

What is this Headtracker 3 pin connection? I do use the HT also

My Furious battery pack has my power button.
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Oct 30, 2019 at 01:44 PM.
Oct 30, 2019, 02:01 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
The one on the delta is SD3D interlaced. It is compatible with the Attitude 3.

The one on top is SD3D SBS, it has multiple configurations.

For 2DHD at 720P and 1080P, I use a GOPRO Hero 4 Black.

I use “regular” cameras for 2DSD like you see in the cockpit of the BVM Electra.

The bottom two are from EMR Laboratories Inc., they are the 3DHD-Lite units. Trevor is the CEO, if anyone can invent or help you modify something, it is him. the middle one does 720P SBS HD3D 60FPS. The bottom one is modded for 1080P SBS HD3D 30FPS. I have had these for five years. I got into fpv before there was fpv. I moved on to 3DHD a long time ago, but I am not going to build my own google. I have waited too long for the industry to catch up. Most of these “improved googles” are just regurgitated tech, imho. Now that they are getting screens that are almost there, in the 12th hour, now they stopped supporting 3D and 1080P. Good thing that FatShark is not the leader in tech, but they sure hold an incredible market share. If I find out they are supporting 480, 720P, 1080P in 2D and 3D I will change my attitude 3 and my HD3 for the new HDO2.

Scott

Scott
I cannot see how 3D is any different than 2D in such goggles for flying FPV aircraft, unless you are hovering less than 8 feet from the object you are looking at, or perhaps you are flying a scale plane inside the scale detailed cockpit. Especially given how close together the two cameras are in that system.

Why do I say this? It's because our eyes do not use stereoscopic disparity cues for perceiving dimension past 8 feet away, generally speaking, even when using typical human eye IPD length . http://courses.washington.edu/psy333...Week7_Day3.pdf
Quote:
Stereopsis isn’t helpful for distances beyond about 6 feet

Quick Reply