Sep 11, 2020, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Pattison
Still waiting for Royal Mail to deliver 3mm tap so I can finish the install. Want to make sure it all fits before gluing the fuzz halves together.
It's nice to have access to a good lathe. I'm retired, but do the occasional job.

mw757, nice place you live, spent 3 weeks on the island about 2007.
Thanks, we really enjoy living here. Im setting up my ngs control travel and then on to applying the decals. Im aiming for a test flight Monday weather permitting.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 10:34 AM
Hello mates,

My Funcub NG is in the mail, I would like input on a few things before it comes in so I can have parts waiting. First off, what length servo extensions are you all running, for the tail and the wing? Also, for those of you who are running a spinner, what size?

Thanks!
Oct 28, 2020, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by my c210
Hello mates,

My Funcub NG is in the mail, I would like input on a few things before it comes in so I can have parts waiting. First off, what length servo extensions are you all running, for the tail and the wing? Also, for those of you who are running a spinner, what size?

Thanks!
Im using 9 aileron extensions with 6y adaptor, 6 flap , 18rudder & elevator . The spinner in the kit is 45mm diameter
Oct 28, 2020, 04:40 PM
Ive been flying mine for about a month now. Its a definite improvement over the original Funcub...better landing gear, flaps and motor mount. I ended up using a permax 3720-630 motor and a 13x8 prop. With this combo I can use 2200 3s or 4s batteries. I tried a 5 blade prop, it looked good but wasnt enough thrust on 3s.
Nov 03, 2020, 12:53 AM
Interesting . . . it seems like Hitec/Multiplex isn't importing them into the USA. It would be nice to know what's up. Last I heard the fire in one of the factories was holding things up, but it looks like the assembly line is working in other places worldwide. The website is simply blank.
Nov 03, 2020, 01:28 PM
I ordered mine from https://www.hoelleinshop.com/e-vendo...in_e&a=catalog . Due to Covid limitations, they had to ship ocean freight.
Have patience...mine took 2 months to arrive but was worth the wait.
Nov 04, 2020, 05:53 PM
Is the old original FunCub available anywhere?
Nov 05, 2020, 03:10 PM
Probably only in a dusty back shelf of a hobby store. I don't know of any North American distributor that still carries it and the websites are all dark on the model.
Nov 05, 2020, 06:22 PM
That's what I have been finding. Should have bought one years ago. Hopefully the new one will be worth the wait.
Nov 08, 2020, 11:51 AM

What should I do?

Hi all

After 5 year hiatus I am getting back to RC flying. I have a brand new ready to be flown Fun Cub then I see the NG version. Should I go ahead and purchase the NG or just fly the original version? I wonder if there is a HUGE improvement that I should not be bothered with the original. Dai
Nov 08, 2020, 07:02 PM
if you have one, what is the downside of flying it? or you could sell it if you prefer the ng.
Nov 27, 2020, 06:04 PM
I have the original Fun cub and absolutely love it! any word on when new ones will be able to ship? cant find information anywhere, thanks.

Quick Reply