Nov 06, 2019, 12:04 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Btw, I thought I had the landing gear on wrong, as all pictures show the wheels facing inward, but if you look at the real P51, the wheels do retract inward, but are in fact facing to the outside.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2019, 08:03 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Theyre the old models and they were shite , they also list a BF109 which doesnt appear on the Merit stand. These are 'New' models and were 'pre-production' according to the person at the stand and the rep who gave me the pictures.

The P-51 you posted vs the p51 in the pic I posted taken at the Beijing expo you can clearly see that they are completely different models, detail level is much higher, decal patterns are very different (especially their blue and green spitfire) . The new red nose/cowl is because the prop and drive system are from a cub, they were supposed to be micro brushless...but cost changed them to cheapo brushed.
Nov 07, 2019, 02:53 AM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Theyre the old models and they were shite , they also list a BF109 which doesnt appear on the Merit stand. These are 'New' models and were 'pre-production' according to the person at the stand and the rep who gave me the pictures.

The P-51 you posted vs the p51 in the pic I posted taken at the Beijing expo you can clearly see that they are completely different models, detail level is much higher, decal patterns are very different (especially their blue and green spitfire) . The new red nose/cowl is because the prop and drive system are from a cub, they were supposed to be micro brushless...but cost changed them to cheapo brushed.
I see, then it seems like there are two parallel product lines! It's nice to have choices on the market. From what I've heard from Volantex, these are not the same models as theirs, so I'd be eager to see if Merit has improved their designs.

Did a bit more research, is the new Merit P51 this pretty beast?

Trim scheme seems to match
Nov 07, 2019, 03:18 AM
Looks pretty for sure.

Btw, did you contact Volantex yet, if they need more testers?
Nov 07, 2019, 06:07 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Hi James, I don't know, the only information I have is whats above and is either fron last April or 2018,i honestly can't remember ( but I think 2019). I only remembered I had the photo when I was looking through the photos that I took of my Eachine P51 but the rep who had given me the information had said that they were Volantex branded (on the TX) so when the Eachine version appeared which is identical I assumed the same source/factory. Maybe there are parallel lines with varying options, it wouldn't be the first time and with everybody cloning each others cat it wouldn't surprise me.

I want that 4 blades prop though, the P51 looks a little uncomfortable with its skinny 2 blades
Nov 07, 2019, 07:08 AM
2-blade tends to be more efficient. Maybe include both, one for scale looks, one for max performance. In the air you don't see it, it's just for on the shelf mostly. But without clear canopy, it's not that geared towards being a shelf queen, it's meant to fly.
Nov 08, 2019, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Did the Volantex protocol, from the thread that was linked to, make it to a nightly build already? I couldn't get a clear picture on how far it has been developed.
V761 has been in the DIY Multiprotocol firmware since 1.2.1.59 (June 8th 2019). As of the current version (1.2.1.85) the protocol details page still lists it as only supporting E (Ch2), T (Ch3), R (Ch4) and Gyro (Ch5). here: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...s.md#V761---48

It looks like to date the implementation has only been based on dumps taken from the Tx that came with the 761-1 (Trainstar Mini 3Ch) or 761-2 (Ranger 3Ch), because they were all that was available. Since then the following have appeared; 761-3 (Super Cub 500 3Ch), 761-4 (Sport Cub 500 4Ch), 761-5 (P-51D 4Ch) and 761-6 (Ranger 400 4Ch). It would be very interesting to see if we could get the protocol to support the most fully featured, i.e. 761-4 and 761-5, adding Ail (Ch1), and possibly One Key Return and One Key Aerobatic.
Nov 08, 2019, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072
I see, then it seems like there are two parallel product lines! It's nice to have choices on the market. From what I've heard from Volantex, these are not the same models as theirs, so I'd be eager to see if Merit has improved their designs.

Did a bit more research, is the new Merit P51 this pretty beast?

Trim scheme seems to match
I have that P-51 and a Spitfire of the same manufacturer, had them for about 4 years, they also sell a Zero, they are branded "Airnox" in Scandinavia, have seen them branded as Hitec/Multiplex in Japan.

From 1 swedish website in english; https://www.minicars.se/en/artiklar/...3axg-gyro.html
https://www.minicars.se/en/artiklar/...3axg-gyro.html
https://www.minicars.se/en/artiklar/...3axg-gyro.html

Tommy
Nov 09, 2019, 07:54 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
2-blade tends to be more efficient. Maybe include both, one for scale looks, one for max performance. In the air you don't see it, it's just for on the shelf mostly. But without clear canopy, it's not that geared towards being a shelf queen, it's meant to fly.

Thats the dichotomy , 2 blade is better for belly landers ( those wheels are useless for grass ) whilst 4 blades is more scale and suitable for wheeled models..................but im a belly lander thats wants a 4 blade prop lol
Nov 09, 2019, 04:46 PM
Great looking and toughlittle epp plane but such a shame the radio is only mode 2 and not mode 1. Come on Volantex you make great products so why not a mode 1 option
Nov 10, 2019, 02:57 AM
Maltese sparrow
How about this as a (partial) solution?
You buy this and other mode 2 planes, and you can borrow my thumbs and fly your planes by telepathy
As you know I am amphibious, and fly all modes equally badly
Nov 10, 2019, 04:21 AM
Quadcopter 101 took a look at the Eachine version:

Eachine P-51D Mini Mustang Stabilized 4 Channel Stunt Trainer Plane Flight Test Review (22 min 41 sec)
Nov 11, 2019, 07:35 AM
Anyone care to post the manual for this? I have the V761-4 Sport Cub which requires the Tx to be bound to the plane but the motor not yet armed to be able to set the faux RTH direction, calibrate the gyros and reverse any servos. Albert Kim avers that the motor on this has to be armed before setting the RTH direction. Also the current generation of the V761-1, 761-2, 761-3 and 761-4 all have compatible Transmitters. Will they bind to this? And finally Ricomon states that his old mini trainstar 761-1 will not bind with his current 761-3 Super Cub. Probably there has been a board change so is the recently deviated protocol for the old 761-1 board or the newer multi-model version?
Last edited by oztreecrasher; Nov 12, 2019 at 06:27 AM.
Nov 11, 2019, 08:50 AM
oztreecrasher, the only manual I can find online is here: http://myosuploads3.banggood.com/pro...105-EAC-A5.pdf

I would be surprised if the 761-1, 761-2, 761-3 and 761-4 cannot be bound to the Tx that comes with the 761-5, because it looks to me that the 761-4 and 761-5 use the same Tx. I'm very surprised that that a 761-1 will not bind with the the Tx that comes with the 761-3, as again, it looks to me as if these come with the same Tx/Rx combo.

I think all of the 761-1, 761-2 and 761-3 use the same receiver; V761112 aka PR2201 aka KY-LY400R. I think it also appears with a plastic housing as EAR411 on some online stores. Not sure what the 761-4 and 761-5 use as there are no parts available online yet and I haven't seen anyone take a donor plane apart yet.
Last edited by CaptLouis; Nov 11, 2019 at 10:08 AM.
Nov 12, 2019, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLouis
oztreecrasher, the only manual I can find online is here: http://myosuploads3.banggood.com/pro...105-EAC-A5.pdf

I would be surprised if the 761-1, 761-2, 761-3 and 761-4 cannot be bound to the Tx that comes with the 761-5, because it looks to me that the 761-4 and 761-5 use the same Tx. I'm very surprised that that a 761-1 will not bind with the the Tx that comes with the 761-3, as again, it looks to me as if these come with the same Tx/Rx combo.

I think all of the 761-1, 761-2 and 761-3 use the same receiver; V761112 aka PR2201 aka KY-LY400R. I think it also appears with a plastic housing as EAR411 on some online stores. Not sure what the 761-4 and 761-5 use as there are no parts available online yet and I haven't seen anyone take a donor plane apart yet.
Thanks CaptLouis. That manual looks pretty well the same as for the Sport Cub. Only differences I noticed were that on page 5 under Center Control Surfaces they've added the notice to switch to expert mode before messing with centering. Also on page 9 both cover setting up the One-Key Return & Gyro Calibration but the mini P51 omits the Channel Reversing but QC101 showed that the P51 worked the same. I don't doubt Rick's word that his older version of the V761-1 (ie pre-Faux RTH) wont bind to the current version Tx - may well be the same for the older version of the V761-2 ranger 600 also. However Albert is probably mistaken about the timing of the RTH set-up. Easily done. I've seen several reviewers & posters complaining that the right shoulder button on the Tx s of the XK A1?0 series planes (supposed to mute the gyro control) doesn't work on theirs. Took me quite a while to work out that a very short tap on the button starts the LED blinking & dumps the stabilization while even a 1 second press does B-all.

Quick Reply