Oct 27, 2019, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
The shape for the lateral OLS pod is different than the center one, if you want it to blend correctly with the canopy.

Can be modded? Of course, but that's not the point.

Besides, if it is glued, ungluing and gluing it again will probably make it look bad in the canopy plastic / foam where the glue was placed.

On the other hand, adding the refueling probe would be comparatively easy, only need to paint it in place or make a sticker.

I like the fact that they made the OLS pod out of plastic to begin with, looks much more scale than being made out of foam like Freewing's.
At this point, they are not gonna change it, so work with what we get. That's my point.

This isn't RusJet. But if they were, you'd be paying a lot more for it.
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2019, 01:23 PM
Flying Hazard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
If they are announcing it as a Su-30, I am 99.99999% confident that is what the box will say
That doesn't change the fact that apparently the plane was designed as a Su-27UB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
At this point, they are not gonna change it, so work with what we get.
Hey, look, I'm not complaining or anything, just pointing it out!
Oct 27, 2019, 01:49 PM
Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that apparently the plane was designed as a Su-27UB

OK, so what are the significant external differences between the Su-27UB and the Su-30/27PU (not the derivatives)? The base Su-30 is a modernized Su-27UB, so all the changes were predominantly inside.

The 30/27PU used the same ALF-31 engines. Throw out lack of a refueling probe - the placement of the IRST ball is a placement issue. What else?
Last edited by fredmdbud; Oct 27, 2019 at 02:03 PM.
Oct 27, 2019, 02:14 PM
Flying Hazard
Those are the only things I pointed at. Apparently the 27PU also has a single wheel, so that would be it.

Still the OLS thing is all too visible not to notice
Oct 27, 2019, 03:38 PM
Jonelex
Quote:
If you need some competent promo videos send one over here and I'll do the rest...

[video links edited out]

I'm dead serious.

PS: Apparently, offering my help to promote this jet with the means I have is considered off-topic and my post got banned for it.
After watching your video I bought the freewing Su35 and find out rcgroups , bad day , now I spend more money with rc planes things rather than bitchs
Probably this Su-27 will be my second EDF plane instead the freewing F-5
Oct 27, 2019, 03:59 PM
Letís hope the Fuse has decent c/f reinforcements unlike the SU-35
Oct 27, 2019, 05:09 PM
Wanted: More Time to Fly
It's about time some more Russian steel made it to market! Can't wait to see the official promo video of it flying.

Jason, by any chance could you a video of it with independent taileron control with a AR7350/AR9350?

I'm curious to see if independent taileron control could let it perform a descending corkscrew/flat spin
Oct 27, 2019, 05:32 PM
Some British Steel would be nice too from the 50s and 60s
Oct 27, 2019, 05:41 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
yeah, sure, they can make a twin of the suk., but the F-4 has to sold as a single.
Oct 27, 2019, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo
yeah, sure, they can make a twin of the suk., but the F-4 has to sold as a single.
There's a practical reason for that. Su's and Migs have two completely separate thrust tubes requiring two separate power systems. Not so with the F4.
Oct 27, 2019, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelex
After watching your video I bought the freewing Su35 and find out rcgroups , bad day , now I spend more money with rc planes things rather than bitchs
Probably this Su-27 will be my second EDF plane instead the freewing F-5
The FW F5 isnt a great 1st,2ndor even third edf.
IMO.
Oct 27, 2019, 08:25 PM
Flying Hazard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelex
My most sincere apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdogzrc
It's about time some more Russian steel made it to market!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdogzrc
Jason, by any chance could you a video of it with independent taileron control with a AR7350/AR9350?

I'm curious to see if independent taileron control could let it perform a descending corkscrew/flat spin
I'm pretty sure it will be able to do it. That's how I usually do now my flatspins with the Freewing Su-35 and I don't need to use the TV nozzles for that particular move.
Oct 27, 2019, 08:56 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
ITTD..will be onto that one in a flash..He loves "Ruskie" planes..haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
Woooo hoooo no vectoring!!!!
Oct 27, 2019, 09:05 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
There's a practical reason for that. Su's and Migs have two completely separate thrust tubes requiring two separate power systems. Not so with the F4.
that is one of the excuses they use, along with it is too hard to sell a twin.
Oct 27, 2019, 09:32 PM
And LX had a twin EDF F-4, so.....

Quick Reply