Nov 17, 2019, 12:43 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Ok,
Question for the CE version.

Never used them but have heard some are quite good.

Range extenders ?????

Any thoughts
Mine is FCC but the standard Mavic reflectors work perfect and gave me a few hundred extra meters in matching flights with and without.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2019, 02:23 PM
Broadcast Engineer
What is your maximum charge voltage right off the charger? Mine show only 4.10V. I thought these 18650 Samsung cells are good to 4.20v?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Thanks! Latest DJI batteries are very conservative, and even 0% remaining is still 3.64V per cell!
Nov 17, 2019, 02:56 PM

First flight & NO tilted horizon...what the heck!!

I've only had one quick flight before 40+ mph winds came and these are my first observations:

*Much quieter than the Spark
*The Fly App is a bit over simplified if you are an experienced DJI pilot.
*First still shots were surprising with no tilted horizons to correct in post
*Quite responsive to control inputs in P (position mode)

Look forward to much more stick time and photo taking.
Nov 17, 2019, 03:22 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Goose
I've only had one quick flight before 40+ mph winds came and these are my first observations:

Yeah I live in the woods, street maps aren't much use, would like to have the sat image available in the map screen.
Nov 17, 2019, 04:46 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Goose

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback.

Dave
Latest blog entry: Flying Log Book
Nov 17, 2019, 09:11 PM
manual flying apologist
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
GEO unlock is suppose to be coming in a later FW update apparently, so there's still hope. I found an oddity in the altitude zone in that if you're flying higher than altitude and initiate a RTH, the drone will simply halt at the altitude zone and sit there rather than lower its altitude. In a lost signal scenario this could be devastating and result in a lost drone. Normally in Go4 you would have option to enable/disable RTH at current altitude which you could disable in order for the drone to lower to a more suitable altitude, however no such option I can see in the Fly (go5) app.

It is hard to see people recommending it be purchased without disclosing major shortcomings.

We need real journalists in this field va fanboys masquerading as ones....

I just bought the iPhone 11 Pro Max since this damn drone wonít run on an iPad.

I really wanted to keep my iPhone 7 for longer & get the 12.9Ē iPad Pro....

But needing to fly in the sun the iPhone 7 screen just isnít bright enough.

My 1st gen iPad Pro scree is so much brighter than the iPhone 7

$1400 .... for the phone.

Honestly I think I would have kept the spark, not bought the Mavic mini at launch if I had known it didnít have iPad support & no geo unlock

I would have waited and bought a used one.

I canít even fly it at my house or my parents house bc it is in the 5 mile ring of an airport. Yet I have been flying my Spark calling ATC for years now...... and using theLANC system for a couple months now

Just pisses me off
Nov 17, 2019, 11:09 PM
FYI... Just checked and Micro Center in Dallas, TX has one (1) Mavic Mini Fly More Combo available for sale if anyone is interested.
Nov 18, 2019, 05:42 AM
Broadcast Engineer
Works on my iPad (5th Gen), the app is not designed for it but you can expand it to fit the width of the screen. But the geo unlock is a pain, will be working by late December from what DJI told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275
It is hard to see people recommending it be purchased without disclosing major shortcomings.

We need real journalists in this field va fanboys masquerading as ones....

I just bought the iPhone 11 Pro Max since this damn drone wonít run on an iPad.

I really wanted to keep my iPhone 7 for longer & get the 12.9Ē iPad Pro....

But needing to fly in the sun the iPhone 7 screen just isnít bright enough.

My 1st gen iPad Pro scree is so much brighter than the iPhone 7

$1400 .... for the phone.

Honestly I think I would have kept the spark, not bought the Mavic mini at launch if I had known it didnít have iPad support & no geo unlock

I would have waited and bought a used one.

I canít even fly it at my house or my parents house bc it is in the 5 mile ring of an airport. Yet I have been flying my Spark calling ATC for years now...... and using theLANC system for a couple months now

Just pisses me off
Nov 18, 2019, 12:15 PM
Anyone ordering the MM charging base?
Nov 18, 2019, 03:34 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Just had to remove DJI FLY from my Tab S3. I use it mostly with my Inspire 2 & it was changing some of my settings ... reset my camera & also set it from Follow to Free. You would think your craft was losing it's mind. I had flown my I2 a couple of hours before with the Tab S3. It would not go straight is the only problem I had. But when I just tried again. It kept seeing my I2 as an I1 & it would load DJI FLY & say device not supported.

Cheers, Jon
Nov 18, 2019, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275
I am pissed though. I watch a ton of the reviews from people seeded with MM early and not one of them meantioned that the app was iPhone only on iOS & not IPad OS support.

That is terrible that 20+ people were seeded with drones & not one brought this up in their reviews

Smh
Or that the Android app is for 64bit phones only NOT JUST "Requires Android 6.0 or above" ........pathetic these reviewers really are a waste of time
Nov 18, 2019, 05:19 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Mavic Mini - Oct 30th, 2.7K, 3-Axis, 30min flight time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrrv
Or that the Android app is for 64bit phones only NOT JUST "Requires Android 6.0 or above" ........pathetic these reviewers really are a waste of time

I think you are being a little unfair to people. Most reviewers would not know the difference on some of this stuff . For starters they would not have the total spec of the app in advance, DJI would not provide that usually and they would have been using a pre release beta app that would not be fully features anyways.

Secondly no where has it ever been said it was iPad compatible.

If your ever unsure donít order until users get it in peoples hand to try. Reviewers cant cover everything and while I do try my self to give as much detail as possible when your dealing with a pre release product itís not always possible because sometimes not all the info is even there.

The Mini has not been designed for tablet use, no bottom usb port shows this is the case. There is hope for display optimisation over time but there are bigger priorityís rite now like Geo.

Itís an entirely new craft and new platform, sometimes things are not all there out the door but give them a little time and just like the Mavic 2c Mavic Air and Pro it will become a solid addition to the model lineup.

But be under no illusion this is not ever going to have every feature people want as itís after all very much a lower end model, itís got tons of great options but it will never have everything.
Nov 18, 2019, 05:31 PM
Hmm, it works on my iPad just fine. 2017 iPad 9.7" 5th generation
Nov 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
Currently experimenting with external battery mod and FCC mod.

5000m so far.
Nov 18, 2019, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
I think you are being a little unfair to people. Most reviewers would not know the difference on some of this stuff . For starters they would not have the total spec of the app in advance, DJI would not provide that usually and they would have been using a pre release beta app that would not be fully features anyways.

Secondly no where has it ever been said it was iPad compatible.

If your ever unsure donít order until users get it in peoples hand to try. Reviewers cant cover everything and while I do try my self to give as much detail as possible when your dealing with a pre release product itís not always possible because sometimes not all the info is even there.

The Mini has not been designed for tablet use, no bottom usb port shows this is the case. There is hope for display optimisation over time but there are bigger priorityís rite now like Geo.

Itís an entirely new craft and new platform, sometimes things are not all there out the door but give them a little time and just like the Mavic 2c Mavic Air and Pro it will become a solid addition to the model lineup.

But be under no illusion this is not ever going to have every feature people want as itís after all very much a lower end model, itís got tons of great options but it will never have everything.
It's a budget Quad that requires basically a high end phone, this will not go well for DJI of that I am sure.
In the normal scheme of things a recommend HW requirement is only that - still many idiots are capable of loading down the latest and greatest phones with crap running in the background so the DJI app will lock and crash.
If you can't even install the APP because they offer only a 64bit version put that down as a requirement not just requires above Android v6 !!!

Quick Reply