Jan 17, 2020, 12:31 AM
Quadaholic
Here is a good table that represents Hyperion HYPE.

After getting 2000+ cycles out of the TG 4s-1300-65C in my quad that pulls 120A peak (1800W) on such a small battery and they are still going. Then paying the piper hard for the Hyperion HV G7 batteries and maybe getting 40 cycles is total rubbish and this picture sums it up. But add to the fact Hyperion cant CLEARLY tell its victims (buyers) that is needs to store the G7 at a substandard low storage voltage (3.800V MAXIMUM), before and after you buy their crap G7 product.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 01:27 AM
Quadaholic
How is that quad report coming? lol
Jan 19, 2020, 06:37 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Lot of reading here. Whew!

Well, I read through it all, and I can say I read good arguments on both sides.

But hey.........Under $40 (!). People pay that much just for 4 brushless motors. It's practically a use and throw-away item... Disposable drones! Well, not quite....

So what if it is difficult to repair? So are the cheapest planes, boats and cars. But they can still be fun...at least for awhile. They are ideal for beginners who don't want to spend a lot until they know FPV quads for them. They aren't for everyone.

Buy it and a set of $90 box goggles, fly it, feel the experience of FPV drone flight, and when you break it (and you will) and find you were enjoying the hobby, THEN invest in a more costly and more capable and versatile bird and proper goggles.

Experience flyers? Forget it. Newcomers? Potential good entry bird.
Jan 20, 2020, 12:34 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Lot of reading here. Whew!
Well, I read through it all, and I can say I read good arguments on both sides.
But hey.........Under $40 (!). People pay that much just for 4 brushless motors. It's practically a use and throw-away item... Disposable drones! Well, not quite....

So what if it is difficult to repair? So are the cheapest planes, boats and cars. But they can still be fun...at least for awhile. They are ideal for beginners who don't want to spend a lot until they know FPV quads for them. They aren't for everyone.

Buy it and a set of $90 box goggles, fly it, feel the experience of FPV drone flight, and when you break it (and you will) and find you were enjoying the hobby, THEN invest in a more costly and more capable and versatile bird and proper goggles.
free

Experience flyers? Forget it. Newcomers? Potential good entry bird.
These G7 (now discontinued for a damn good reason) are for pilots that want one thing, preformance "now", no matter how much it costs, and they have to pay the piper for it, if your in that camp great, if your in my team best bang for the buck (while still getting excellent preformance, very low IR and maximum life cycles), then screw me, well they did and never again. 40 or less cycles on a pack is stupid when i am getting 2000+ (that's 50 times longer life, or that 50 times more cost to run hyperion G7) and my TG are still going, its your call, but I tell my friends to run the other way from Hyperion as its all HYPE.

Please tell me the "good" argument on hyperions side?

They clearly do not tell their victims the correct maximum storage voltage (like sales, they tell you everything you want to hear, your purchase a Porsche and deliver a VW), it should be CLEARLY upfront, that your standard hv lipo charger in storage mode will KILL the G7 packs, it also should be on the pack and in the instructions, but it is not, yet they selling to more victims as we speak. They clearly don't know how to tell their victims the correct storage voltage (maybe they never read a datesheet, btw, that's part of my responsibilities at my job on chip design/manufacturing/validation/applications).

Quick Reply