Oct 28, 2019, 12:38 PM
We have a laser cutter forum here now. https://www.rcgroups.com/laser-cutters-1047/

I did a build thread for construction of one several years ago.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2019, 12:43 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 29, 2019 at 01:58 AM.
Oct 28, 2019, 01:07 PM
I remember, Steve. I also see that my prediction came true.

Andy
Oct 28, 2019, 05:22 PM
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 29, 2019 at 01:58 AM.
Oct 29, 2019, 03:19 PM
Modeling Retread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailmale7
Working on my first Sig Kadet LT-25, first kit build.
What a great plane. Of my glow planes, it's probably the one I fly the most. I did have an issue with getting the bolt axles work right, I kept ending up with the wheel jammed against the gear. I ended up replacing the bolt axles with DuBro axles. Be sure to use lock washers and Loctite on the landing gear bolts so you don't have to go find them in the grass (like I did).

Are you building glow or electric? mine flies great with on OS 25LA, not overpowered by any means. It's almost as big as some ARF trainers but it's made of balsa where they are mostly light ply, so it's pretty light.

The Sig instructions are very good. I built the LT-25 to get back in the swing of building after most of a decade away from the building board. Follow them and you will have good fundamentals for your next build.
Latest blog entry: Prop Reamers
Oct 29, 2019, 07:43 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
I'm building another ft cub, the 6th generation lol.
I've flown all sorts but the care free flying they give along with capabilities that nobody else seems to extract from them other than me just keeps me coming back to them as my daily flyer even though I have several epo planes and a 6ft balsa
Oct 29, 2019, 08:04 PM
Damage is expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksteve
I'm building another ft cub, the 6th generation lol.
I've flown all sorts but the care free flying they give along with capabilities that nobody else seems to extract from them other than me just keeps me coming back to them as my daily flyer even though I have several epo planes and a 6ft balsa
I feel the same about my current EPO favorite plane. I've repaired it enough to feel like I built it myself. It's just the right plane for the way I like to fly. I also have a NIB spare as it's discontinued ;-)

My first FT plane lasted 10 flights before hitting the dumpster. My seventh balsa build has been flying for 25 years (occasionally).
Oct 29, 2019, 08:21 PM
So what is that favorite EPO plane of yours?
Oct 29, 2019, 09:35 PM
after my Wife got me a flight in a 1943 PT 17 stearman , found a guillows pt 17 to build and convert to electric.
Oct 29, 2019, 09:58 PM
I keep saying I need to build a Stearman. The first plane I ever went for a ride in was a Stearman. The guy guy that owned it bought three WW ll war surplus Stearmans, and used the best parts to build one, then the second best to build another one, and the rest of the parts are in a barn just outside of Green Valley, IL.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 30, 2019, 12:37 AM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
I have a Mountain Models Eva Sport to finish building then a Switchback Sr.
Oct 30, 2019, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnekid
I feel the same about my current EPO favorite plane. I've repaired it enough to feel like I built it myself. It's just the right plane for the way I like to fly. I also have a NIB spare as it's discontinued ;-)

My first FT plane lasted 10 flights before hitting the dumpster. My seventh balsa build has been flying for 25 years (occasionally).
My last ft cub lasted over well a year of flying at least an hour a day, every day.

It was repaired many times because I do risky flying but the latest incident caused so much damage to a plane that is roughly a year and a half old that it's not worth repairing, I 'bonded' with a power line at about 45mph lol.

I could repair it to a level where it looks almost like it was never crashed but it would take nearly as much time as building a whole new fuse and not worth the effort this time.
Oct 30, 2019, 05:47 AM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
................. I 'bonded' with a power line at about 45mph lol.
A flying buddy hit power lines with a carbon fibre/epoxy model. Carbon being a good conductor, short circuited the power and melted the model!..................
Oct 30, 2019, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
A flying buddy hit power lines with a carbon fibre/epoxy model. Carbon being a good conductor, short circuited the power and melted the model!..................
Lol, that would have been fun to watch although bot for him!

Power lines are my enemy, I have 3 different sets crossing my flying site and I know they are there but can't help taking risks and flying too close to them or under them and now and then it results in carnage
Oct 30, 2019, 06:25 AM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Lol, that would have been fun to watch although bot for him!

Power lines are my enemy, I have 3 different sets crossing my flying site and I know they are there but can't help taking risks and flying too close to them or under them and now and then it results in carnage
Have you ever heard a crop duster pilot's description of hitting power lines while flying a Piper Pawnee!
A buddy of mine tells a story about his experience doing so, along with other crashes.
But...........this is probably not the place for such anecdotes....................

Quick Reply