What Are You Building this Winter?

Alright folks, it's almost that time. You know what time I'm talking about. It's time to clear off those work benches because Winter building season is almost here.

Splash

It's time to think about your winter project

Alright folks, it's almost that time. You know what time I'm talking about. It's time to clear off those work benches because Winter building season is almost here. Yep, unless you live in California or Florida that cold nasty weather is on the way and you'll soon be huddled inside where it's warm and fuzzy and hopefully working on some new planes for the coming year.

I'm hoping to be working on a 3M glider. It's doesn't have to be a full on kit, but you know you are thinking about building something soon. Let us know what you have in mind for the upcoming building season. It might spark some ideas from others or it may just get your mind thinking on that track. We can't wait to hear and maybe see some of your planned projects. Post away!

Oct 23, 2019, 04:36 PM
Finishing my 2meter B-36.

Finishing up the design and building a .10-sized version of my Drill Bit.

Designing and building a Flea Fli 10+.

Andy
Oct 23, 2019, 04:37 PM
DFS#000178
I'm building my second Goldberg Mirage 550.

I built one back in the 90s when I was 13 or 14 because the guy teaching me to fly had one and recommended it as a first kit after I had already learned to fly. It was destroyed when I moved away from my home town.

The new one will be built the way I wanted to build the first one but didn't have the money. I recently came into possession of a bunch of old Astroflight motors. So I'm going to go retro and build it with an Astro Cobalt 05.

I also have a Pat Tritle Cessna 152 I want to build. I'm hoping to get that started soon.

Also eyeballing the Park Scale Models Cessna 337.
Oct 23, 2019, 05:15 PM
Modeling Retread

Old School Model Works Javelin

Thatís on the big board right now.

On the little board I have a School Boy, by Ken Willard.

Big board next up. Cessna L-19 Bird Dog, followed by finishing rebuild of Sig 1/4 scale Clipped Wing Cub.
Oct 23, 2019, 05:36 PM
Finishing my TopFlite DC-3 that I started last winter.
Oct 23, 2019, 05:51 PM
Arrowhead
With any luck, I may finish the Andersen/RCM Boulton-Paul Defiant I’ve been picking away at for two or three years.
Oct 23, 2019, 06:06 PM
A Stately Sadie at 75% size.
Oct 23, 2019, 07:24 PM
Fully Sending It
When it dips below 65 here in Arizona, I'm sure I'll find something that perks my fancy.
Oct 23, 2019, 10:52 PM
Building a Fokker RC 1/5 BF-109E.
Oct 23, 2019, 11:24 PM
Steven's Aero RV4,, neat kit.
Oct 24, 2019, 12:05 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
A 'from plans' (from Outerzone) Oly ll cut with my own laser.. I have the ribs and all parts that can be cut with the laser cut, so now it is just building. I am a bit limited in size with my laser (12X20), so I had to make locking joints in the sides. The bottom front just made it, so I cut that in one piece.

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 24, 2019 at 12:20 AM.
Oct 24, 2019, 01:40 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Going to build a new Grumman Goose. Figures i might as well make some improvements to the design and ended up with a almost 100% new Goose. Hope the box fits under the christmas tree so i can start on the prototype by then.

Here are some screens of the design work:

Cheers,

Bart
Oct 24, 2019, 02:53 AM
Damn that dog can fly.....
My good wife just brought me this as a get well present. That's my winter project sorted. Should be a nice 'lazy day' flyer for next summer.
Last edited by JPJI; Oct 24, 2019 at 03:13 AM.
Oct 24, 2019, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart83
Going to build a new Grumman Goose. Figures i might as well make some improvements to the design and ended up with a almost 100% new Goose. Hope the box fits under the christmas tree so i can start on the prototype by then.

Here are some screens of the design work:

Cheers,

Bart
Oh. Wow. Complete with scale retracts. Please post pics.
Oct 24, 2019, 06:25 AM
I have Stevens Aero Skybuggy 300, and a Ace 100, pluss a bunch of Flitest speedbuild kits waiting to be built.

Quick Reply