Oct 24, 2019, 03:43 PM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Super-cool! I'd definitely go for a Cat.

One of my dad's flying buddies (the bush-pilot & former B-24 pilot I worked for back in junior-high) bought one to use for hauling people across Lake of the Woods, on the Canadian border of MN. Turned out that the wingspan was just too much for the width of our river & the dock spacing near his flying service, so he sold it shortly after he bought it. I got to ride in it a couple times before he sold it. With a 104 ft wingspan, a power-to-weight of just 0.067 hp/lb, and a cruise-speed of only 125 MPH, it felt like everything was happening in slow-motion!

Joel
Yes a UMX PBY would be nice, have met a few Cat pilots, take off at 90 knots, cruise at 90 knots,
land at 90 knots, this old Cat guy once told me he trusted in God and Pratt and Whitney.

to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2019, 05:19 PM
DFS#000178
Not a warbird but the 2000mm FMS Beaver V2 has my attention. From Pilot Ryan's unboxing video it looks great.
Oct 24, 2019, 05:43 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Not a warbird but the 2000mm FMS Beaver V2 has my attention. From Pilot Ryan's unboxing video it looks great.
Looks like a warbird-ish ?

RF
Oct 24, 2019, 05:57 PM
My wishlist would be:

An F-106 Delta Dart (preferably 70mm+)

PBY with retracts

Grumman Goose

Chinook Helicopter 450-500 size
Oct 24, 2019, 08:16 PM
2s Corsair...27" wingspan. I NEED a Corsair!
Oct 24, 2019, 08:20 PM
B. Redeker - Portfolio Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
+1

I was recently talked out of my 1.2m P-51 June Nite by a fellow club member so now I'm going to need a replacement. We will be installing a 30' x 120' industrial mat runway at our club field next spring so I'm game for anything. The 1.2m size is perfect for our field.
That is too bad about your June Nite! I was hoping to get our Mustangs together next year. Mine is still in a bunch of pieces as I am working through the repaint and upgrades. Keep me posted on how that runway works out for you. I hope to get our club to do something similar at some point.
Oct 24, 2019, 09:08 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
An SBD Dauntless of any size would be great! Working flaps/ dive brakes a plus and of course retracts.
A Vietnam era Bronco would be nice.
And from the earlier days how about a Fokker DVII and Spad XIII
Oct 24, 2019, 11:09 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
We haven't seen Jason around these threads recently. He must be working on a bunch of new warbirds for 2020.
I hope he is!
Oct 24, 2019, 11:16 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknTan View Post
We need a decent flying 1200mm P-40

Agree with the Helldiver. Even a nice Hellcat would be welcome. A pipe dream would be the Curtis XP-55 Ascender.
I think you are spot on with the 1200mm P-40. That is the warbird HH needs to make. %80 of the rest of the stuff people talk about in these threads are pipe dreams.

I do like a Helldiver, but nobody will ever do that.... I built a couple plastic models of them as a kid and always found them cool, with that long weird canopy.. Neat lines to the plane though, I always found..

And yes, I also agree about the Hellcat - it would be a close second to the P-40 in 1200mm size.
Oct 24, 2019, 11:19 PM
Agreed, but PLEASE not anything later than a P-40C. After that it lost its svelte lines.
Oct 25, 2019, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbee View Post
2s corsair...27" wingspan. I need a corsair!
+1111111
Oct 25, 2019, 01:11 AM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhove2 View Post
+1111111
Yes! We've been saying this for a while now.......
Oct 25, 2019, 06:54 AM
B. Redeker - Portfolio Manager
A P-40 is one plane I am missing that I would like to add. The P-38 is another one I would like to have, but the Flightline/FW one is out of my comfort zone for price and size. I would rather stick to a single engine fighter. I have been trying to pick WW2 planes that represent significant events in the war. The P-40 would cover the AVG and Pearl Harbor nicely, just not sure what scheme I would go with. I have been thinking about the FMS P-40 since it isn't all that much smaller than the 44" and 1.2m planes.

For those looking for a Hellcat, the Tower Hobbies one is remarkably well done. It doesn't have flaps or retracts, but looks good and flies really well. I have one and I really love it. Small enough to toss in the car and go, but big enough that I don't need to restrict it to calm days. Plus it comes with a 3-bladed prop.
Oct 25, 2019, 07:09 AM
Flying again - 4th time
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
Agreed, but PLEASE not anything later than a P-40C. After that it lost its svelte lines.
Sacrilege.

P-40 E Or greater. Possibly the November model, with its stretched fuse.

How about the Quebec? Such a beautiful airframe, too bad they never built it!
Oct 25, 2019, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOGeologist View Post
Sacrilege.

P-40 E Or greater. Possibly the November model, with its stretched fuse.

How about the Quebec? Such a beautiful airframe, too bad they never built it!
Lol! The XP-40Q would be a horrible idea for an RC airplane!!!

Even if Horizon Hobby modeled it completely scale, everyone at the flying field would just think it was a derpy P-51.... or that you had a trainer that mildly resembled a P-51.... and then your retracts would fail because that’s just what most rotating retracts do!

Quick Reply