Oct 25, 2019, 07:31 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg
Any vids of this flying?
Soon now that the weather has finally cooled off. I never fly anything I value in the heat of the summer.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2019, 08:36 AM
Fly as high as the Sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
I'll start with my annual whine for pretty much any WWI plane, including a Jenny. My well-worn Parkzone SE-5a and D-Va have both finally gone on to their reward . . .
Yeah, what GradyLee said.....and I'll raise you a Dr1
Oct 25, 2019, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350
That is too bad about your June Nite! I was hoping to get our Mustangs together next year. Mine is still in a bunch of pieces as I am working through the repaint and upgrades. Keep me posted on how that runway works out for you. I hope to get our club to do something similar at some point.
I had a lot of flights on it and it was getting a bit long in the tooth. I plan to get another warbird for next season and if nothing else catches my eye I will probably get another June Nite P-51 (unless Eflite comes out with a 1.2m P-40 ).
Oct 25, 2019, 09:44 AM
Arrowhead
Yeah a nice P-40 would be tempting! My own preference is for the bigger chin scoop of the E and later models.

Have to agree with the comment about the rotating retracts. They were annoying on my old Corsair 50, and starting to become so on my Hellcat. Part of the problem, maybe the biggest part, is the wire strut. I was hoping with the Hellcat that the oleo struts were a complete replacement like they were for the H9 P-47... but no, you trim the wire strut then slip the oleo one over the stub. So still prone to bending if you’re operating from grass.

Couple of other birds I’d love to see would be a Hawker Typhoon or Sea Fury, 20cc size. The Tiffie was the RAF equivalent of the ground pounding Thunderbolt and is an aggressive looking bird. That said, Black Horse offers both planes... if Motion gets them in I may just buy from them rather than wait and hope.

Oh and we still need a balsa twin! I’d love a Mossie, but one of them Beech thingamajigs would be cool too
Oct 25, 2019, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
I had a lot of flights on it and it was getting a bit long in the tooth. I plan to get another warbird for next season and if nothing else catches my eye I will probably get another June Nite P-51 (unless Eflite comes out with a 1.2m P-40 ).
Well, we have all winter to see what HH comes out with next.

The more I work on the P-51, the more I am really liking the plane. I loved it as Blondie, wasn't hot on her as June Nite, but really loving what I am doing with it thanks Callie Graphics. I will start posting some pictures and videos in the E-Flite P-51 threads soon.

As we were talking about the P-40, I went out and did some more looking at the FMS P-40. Decided it wasn't the best model for me. I would rather have something closer to the size and performance of the 1.2m warbirds. I don't need a 100+mph 4S P-40. The real P-40 wasn't all that fast for a fighter and no reason for me to have a model that is way over powered. I would want a nice 2200-3000mAh 3S/optional 4S 1200mm plane that is nicely detailed and can be hand launched or flown off some short grass.

Although, I would rather have a Cessna O-2 in USAF FAC colors and rocket pods under the wings. At least with a tricycle gear setup I wouldn't have to worry about nose overs in the grass, like I do with just about every plane I own.
Oct 25, 2019, 10:25 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing pictures of your P-51 and as much as you like it now wait until you fly it. It flies really, really nice.

I've looked at the Eflite 1.2m P-39 Airacobra specifically because of the tricycle landing gear. I'm very tempted to get one but I've got a few months before I need to do anything with the winter weather fast approaching. I'll be sure to keep an eye on what Eflite/Horizon is coming out with before I decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350
Well, we have all winter to see what HH comes out with next.

The more I work on the P-51, the more I am really liking the plane. I loved it as Blondie, wasn't hot on her as June Nite, but really loving what I am doing with it thanks Callie Graphics. I will start posting some pictures and videos in the E-Flite P-51 threads soon.

As we were talking about the P-40, I went out and did some more looking at the FMS P-40. Decided it wasn't the best model for me. I would rather have something closer to the size and performance of the 1.2m warbirds. I don't need a 100+mph 4S P-40. The real P-40 wasn't all that fast for a fighter and no reason for me to have a model that is way over powered. I would want a nice 2200-3000mAh 3S/optional 4S 1200mm plane that is nicely detailed and can be hand launched or flown off some short grass.

Although, I would rather have a Cessna O-2 in USAF FAC colors and rocket pods under the wings. At least with a tricycle gear setup I wouldn't have to worry about nose overs in the grass, like I do with just about every plane I own.
Oct 25, 2019, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing pictures of your P-51 and as much as you like it now wait until you fly it. It flies really, really nice.

I've looked at the Eflite 1.2m P-39 Airacobra specifically because of the tricycle landing gear. I'm very tempted to get one but I've got a few months before I need to do anything with the winter weather fast approaching. I'll be sure to keep an eye on what Eflite/Horizon is coming out with before I decide.
I am really excited to get the Mustang done and in the air. Planning to have a nice collection of 1944 fighters together with my P-51, Tower Hobbies P-51, E-Flite P-47, and Spitfire MkVb.

I was never a big fan of the P-39 and I don't know why. The design is really interesting and worked very well for the Russian forces. I just never connected with the plane like I have with the P-51, F4U, P-47, and P-40. To keep myself from adding more P-51's, Corsairs, and P-47's to the flying hanger, I am going to build a few static models to have on display. I could easily get carried away building more flying ones with all the historical schemes available to work with.
Oct 25, 2019, 11:01 AM

Any WWII fighter with float option for 2020

There is a national crisis at hand with all of our lakes being swarmed by J3 Cubs on floats. We need to have some new planes to combat this epidemic!

I would like Horizion to issue Any WWII fighter with float option for 2020.

1200 to 1600mm scale would be terrific.

A bonus would be if the floats were an option like on the Timer and Maule

Here are some examples;
Oct 25, 2019, 11:02 AM

Twin mustang would be sweet too!

Twin mustang would be sweet too!
Oct 25, 2019, 12:49 PM
I'll put my annual plea in for a Bearcat.

I just don't understand why it hasn't been offered already; a nice stout airframe, wide stable landing gear stance perfect for grass landings...
Oct 25, 2019, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Figured it was time to start next year's wishlist! Post away!

I'll get my first wish in right now! C-45 Expeditor! UMX, 1.5m, or 2m - with scale flaps & retracts!

Joel
+1 on the C-45 ! Is there a rumor that one is in the works?
Frank
Oct 25, 2019, 01:09 PM
Maybe it is because Flightline is currently selling a 1200mm version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulf
I'll put my annual plea in for a Bearcat.

I just don't understand why it hasn't been offered already; a nice stout airframe, wide stable landing gear stance perfect for grass landings...
Oct 25, 2019, 01:40 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
I’m betting there will be a CarbonZ P-51.

RF
Oct 25, 2019, 01:41 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrez
+1 on the C-45 ! Is there a rumor that one is in the works?
Frank
Haven't heard anything - but a few of us repeatedly posting our desire for a HH Beech 18 in the annual warbird wishlist thread is sort of a running joke!

Maybe we'll eventually gain enough momentum for the powers that be @ HH to come to their senses & release a nice UMX version, plus one in the 1.5m range with all of the bells & whistles...

Joel
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 9
Oct 25, 2019, 09:22 PM
no catchy phrase
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Haven't heard anything - but a few of us repeatedly posting our desire for a HH Beech 18 in the annual warbird wishlist thread is sort of a running joke!

Maybe we'll eventually gain enough momentum for the powers that be @ HH to come to their senses & release a nice UMX version, plus one in the 1.5m range with all of the bells & whistles...

Joel
Stop yer beechen about a Beech 18! With that said I don’t really have anything in mind specifically, but a WWII Italian fighter would be different. But whatever they come up with hope it’s nice.

Quick Reply