Dec 12, 2019, 11:21 AM
Bobbybrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
The rumors are the drama. I know of no one getting ripped off but again, perhaps you have more info on this than I do. It's not my purview and not my place so no further discussion about this will take place with me.

The NY office is closed but staff is maintained and that's all I will say.

Rob
HK NY
This sounds like it was pulled right out of the Hobby City playbook. Gut the US operation and shut down in order to avoid the FCC penalties, which must be huge at this point. And why else would they close the office but maintain the staff? That really makes no sense if you are ceasing operations in the US.

It's certainly not your fault and I do hope you have another job lined up. Thanks to you and Just Plain Ian for all of your help in the past.
Last edited by Bobybrown; Dec 12, 2019 at 11:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2019, 05:00 PM
I’m told they didn’t “maintain” all the staff. They sacked 90% of the team and keep 3, for now.
Dec 13, 2019, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneAlpha1
Im told they didnt maintain all the staff. They sacked 90% of the team and keep 3, for now.
"Told" by whom? They're wrong whomever they are.

Rob
HK NY
Dec 14, 2019, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
"Told" by whom? They're wrong whomever they are.

Rob
HK NY
I don't think it is appropriate to spread rumours without any sort of evidence/indication, ruining the reputation of people or companies.

On a different note; Can I leave some (hopefully) constructive critic here for Hobbyking ?!

The D4023 850kv Brushless Outrunner Motor is a really nice motor but not available in the EU.

The Covering film is not (Attention; this one is from a guy on the german Forum RC-Network) UV-Resistant and not available in the EU-Warehouse.

And here is my biggest problem that I (and many, many people, there are actually multiple threads on this forum and on all german forums) have for years is that spareparts for the Hobbyking Nitro Circus Monstertruck 1/8 are not available or only partially available (some of the most important wear and tear parts are not available).

IF you can't get them for a reasonable price please tell us where to get them, we love to driving this Truck even after all these years.

Long story, short; I like Hobbyking eventhough not everything is rainbows and unicorns.
Dec 14, 2019, 06:25 AM
Living in the south of France
I used to but all my HK stuff in China, but customs and delivery problems ( up to 4 weeks delivery )
took me to getting my gear from the EU ( Holland ) depot, 'but' there isn't much to choose from glue, engines, film etc.,
and if you get up to the 'free' post you get lumbered with GLS transports
Dec 14, 2019, 08:06 AM
I'm in Germany and can order from the EU or UK warehouses. Until recently free shipping on orders of 50 bucks or more. Now it's 100, which sucks, but is at least...... well understandable, given how amazing that was compared to the competitors. I still reckon the reason they often don't have things in stock is because their prices are so good, so the stuff just sells quickly. Pick your poison - buy overpriced stuff from Horizon, or get good cheap stuff from HK, and maybe learn to plan your purchases around when stuff is available. I personally am fine with that approach. And not with most of Horizon's prices(or Motion's..)
Dec 14, 2019, 11:03 AM
I don't go UK any more, you can get your gear from 5 to 21 days,,

EU depot in Holland usually 4 days and the friendly postman can read addresses,,
Dec 14, 2019, 11:09 AM
I've had plenty of orders from the UK - I notice no noticeable shipping time difference, nor have I had any other issues. I'd order from there again with no worries - based on my exprience thus far anyway.
Dec 14, 2019, 03:30 PM
Vienna calling...
Surprised to read this.

Never had any problems when ordering from UK Warehouse - took one or two days longer than ordering from EU warehouse, maybe... but not important.

HK Warehouse?
Of course it took weeks, 4, sometimes 6, sometimes even 8. But this is normal when ordering from China.

Walter
Dec 14, 2019, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereodreieck86
I don't think it is appropriate to spread rumours without any sort of evidence/indication, ruining the reputation of people or companies.
To be fair hobbyking has done its best to ruin its own reputation over a decade. As for the rumours, the bad news is they are not just rumours. It’s sad to see hobbyking end up like this

Rob would be kept in the dark as one of the last remaining NY staff not let go in the latest purge.. Companies don’t tell their employees that the doors are about to close until they close.
Last edited by NeptuneAlpha1; Dec 14, 2019 at 05:58 PM.
Dec 17, 2019, 02:08 AM
Got a product-back-in-stock-alert yesterday for the Night Walrus PNF ha ha.. - another HK plane I'd like to have. Now come on HK, gimme' a discount code and I'll make a sizeable order..(also have a Buffalo, some lipos, and misc. other stuff in the cart...) Got me kind of addicted to them. Without the discount/sale factor it's a bit too easy to be responsible.

Though yes, the prices as is are good compared to the competition. It will just take longer for me to get around to ordering anything..
Dec 17, 2019, 02:24 AM
Still trying to find what Gls has done to my HK Tiger Moth, now around 50 telephone calls and no one ever answers, (Gls ) I will try to find HK's Tel N in Holland,,

I have put a claim in for damaged articles as I couldn't find a lost article,, maybe someone on this thread ( HK ) could have a look ,

Order N 22200163927

Gls N 47150051601846 it says parcel delivered on the 12th at 10.10am the out again for delivery at 17h also on the 12th,,,
Dec 17, 2019, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinfrance
Still trying to find what Gls has done to my HK Tiger Moth, now around 50 telephone calls and no one ever answers, (Gls ) I will try to find HK's Tel N in Holland,,
I'm sorry to hear about this but we don't have phone support at all. You will not find "HK's Tel N in Holland" - there isn't one.

Quote:
I have put a claim in for damaged articles as I couldn't find a lost article,, maybe someone on this thread ( HK ) could have a look ,

Order N 22200163927

Gls N 47150051601846 it says parcel delivered on the 12th at 10.10am the out again for delivery at 17h also on the 12th,,,
From what I can see this parcel is at a GLS facility near to you... can you reach out to them to see if it's available for pickup?

What happened when you contacted HK support via chat or ticket as I'm sure you must have done?

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-...-Email-Support

Feel free to PM me with your concern if desired.

Rob
HK NY
Dec 17, 2019, 09:17 PM
Bobbybrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinfrance

Order N 22200163927

paulinfrance, please let the rest of us know how this turns out. If you have a satisfactory outcome then I will still buy airplanes from them, if you don't, then it may be time to find another supplier.
Dec 18, 2019, 02:00 AM
Thanks to both of you after another day of sitting on the phone she again Promised to deliver it to a local relay today,,

What I can't believe is I must be getting senile, I got a new car 10 days ago after my last 13 year old one, nothing much there, but waiting for my Tiger Moth I feel like a Kid at Christmas waiting for the 25th to get my present from under the Christmas tree,,

Quick Reply