RC GPS Sailplane Racing with RC Electronics Sparrow

This past summer Peter Goldsmith was telling me about GPS racing and it sure sounded like a lot of fun. There's a lot to learn, but I recently heard about the new Sparrow GPS unit from RC Electronics and wanted to share it with you guys if you haven't seen it yet.

Splash

New Product for GPS Racing

This past summer Peter Goldsmith was telling me about GPS racing and it sure sounded like a lot of fun. There's a lot to learn, but I recently heard about the new Sparrow GPS unit from RC Electronics and wanted to share it with you guys if you haven't seen it yet.

The Sparrow is tiny, so it will fit easily into your model and offers some great features. It can detect when your motor is running, supports GLONASS, GPS and BeiDou and it allows you to add an RF module for telemetry and an additional TEK sensor for compensated vario. It can talk to your radio with telemetry data, log flights on an SD card and it measures pressure data at 100hz. It sounds interesting and the cost is 100,00. What do you think?

Check out the Sparrow Here

Quick Reply