This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 22, 2019, 09:34 AM
Flying every chance I get!
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying Keeps Me Sane\Summer of Balsa

This was a rough summer in every way except with my favorite hobby. Since this time last fall, I have built 5 Balsa ARF kits. Each one was a little different. They all took at least a month. With the latest, a PA Katana 52, I learned a few things that have me going back over my previous builds and tweaking their setups a little. I did a lot of flying with some really good people. I am currently depressed. It's OK. I know it and keep an eye on it. It's situational, started in April, and I'm not going to get into detail about it. I am out of my planes to build, but a friend was nice enough to let me build his PA Ultimate AMR this winter. That should help me get my mind off things. I am hoping to pick up another balsa kit to build during Black Friday or some other sale. Of course, I keep forgetting a friend gave me a little 3 channel Steerman balsa kit with plans to build for my son. I know I can do it, but there is one big block of wood in there that is intimidating. I have to make sure I am relaxed and ready to take it slow when I get to that part.

In the meantime, here is a video new club member at LAMs, Nate, took while I was flying earlier in the spring. It was probably one of my best flights all summer.

Precision Aerobatics Addiction - Just Having Fun (6 min 28 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply