This thread is privately moderated by PeterVRC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Cool

Tiger 1 Tank - 1/16th Scale Heng Long

Seeing my 3D printed Tiger 1 tank is a BIG project and going to take a LONG time, I decided to BUY a tank.....
Hmmm, which tank?.....
If I am building a Tiger 1 then maybe a King Tiger? Or something else?
And what brand, and how much to spend.

How much to spend? The LEAST - that will get something actually good and WORTH having!
That mean HENG LONG brand.... and it does cover BOTH of those requirements! Cheap, and good !!

I had actually looked at these MANY times over the last years, thinking to get one but I THOUGHT that it might not be importable to Australia as it has an AIRSOFT gun in it! But I guess Airsoft 'guns' are only controlled here when they ARE GUNS - when they look like real guns and rifles.

Hmmm.... if I get a Tiger 1 then I will have a scale model to work off for the bigger one! And I like Tiger 1 Tanks...so.....

It was the second cheapest. AUD$230. Versus a Panther at $200 - but the Panther is a BAD scale model, as it uses the Tiger 1 BASE.... which the full scale version was actually built from to some degree, but Heng Long used ALL of the Tiger 1 base and it ends up notably incorrect thanks to that! Thus the Tiger 1 was chosen....

When I got the tank I was AMAZED!!!
I had watched videos, and read reviews etc, but when I got it I found that it WAS all that great stuff they said and MORE when in person! They pretty well 'do' everything' you would want/expect, and VERY WELL too! With super detail and finish, quality etc.
And it is FUN to use too!!

I got a LOT of extra details from it, for my larger Tiger 1. Things hard to tell in pictures..... plus I can MEASURE them and get scalings more accurate too! So it was great in those terms too! Again, part of the reason I got the Tiger 1 instead of anything else.

There are Torro..... Taigen..... Tamiya.... as other brands, but they all cost a LOT more. Like AUD $800 - $1200 ranges(!), and more. All are in 1/16th scale, but one thing is 'better' tanks can come with METAL parts - like tracks, gearbox gears, wheels.... which could be important if you are going to REALLY use the tank in rough outdoors use! Heng Long do have 'upgrade kits' with metal parts too, but you would spend a few hundred dollars to do a full upgrade kit (AUD$300 - 400). I don't need that !!!
Keep it indoors and it will be fine as it comes!!

The sound effects are GREAT.
The control and motions are GREAT!
The lightings....

I included a YouTube video link to RC Trucks and Tanks who did a review of this tank. A great video all about it !
Tiger 1- Heng Long 1/16 RC Tank - Full Review (21 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply