Oct 22, 2019, 03:24 AM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Thread OP
Discussion

Hawaii DS?

Some friends of ours (from Australia) were holidaying in Hawaii recently and they told us today that they were climbing a hill that has a good view and some WWII bunkers, and some guys came hiking past them carrying gliders. Our friends got chatting with them asking if they were going to do some slope soaring and the Hawaii guys mentioned they were actually going dynamic soaring. "Oh, we know what dynamic soaring is!!" our friends said, since naturally I've bored them with endless explanations of DS and related stories.

So I wondered, who are these guys, and where do they DS in Hawaii??
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2019, 08:36 AM
DS Junkie
Here is the prime suspect. Pretty sure he lost his login ID for RCG.

I've flown the hill mentioned with the Hawaii contingent and it's rather spectacular, but they understandably prefer to keep their activities "below the radar"...
Oct 22, 2019, 06:27 PM
So many great DS stories, so little time.........................
Oct 23, 2019, 11:19 PM
Corrie
Could very likely have been diamond head, would be a perfect little DS site but you’re not meant to be off the track there so probably why they keep quiet about it

Quick Reply