Oct 20, 2019, 12:57 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Blurring the Line.... OV-10 Bronco

If this isn't blurring the line between full scale and model aviation! An absolutely incredible "model" of the Bronco, scratch built by Jorg Albrecht. Spectacular flying qualities as well. Most definitely raising the bar.

Specs: wingspan - 192"

length - 189"

weight - 210lbs.

power - 2 X JetCat SPT-10 Turboprops. https://www.jetcat.de/de/products/pr...rboprop-Drives

Brakes - http://bk-modelltechnik.de/?portfoli...nische-bremsen

GIANT RC BRONCO OV-10 MAIDEN FLIGHT (5 min 31 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 01:20 PM
Site Aspie
Well, it's big, but there are some strange things about it. The canopy looks a little off, could be the angle, the nose gear is wrong, and the wheels are way too small. Sounds more like a fighter jet than a Bronco. Impressive model nonetheless.
Latest blog entry: EL-39 compilation video
Oct 20, 2019, 01:23 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Terrific model, but ..... shame about the noise.

Just watched a full size bronco video, the sound is typically the awesome twin engine beat.

Still a great model achievement though.

North American OV-10 Bronco - Shuttleworth Season Premier Airshow 2019 (9 min 19 sec)

Last edited by eflightray; Oct 20, 2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Added the video of the full size.
Oct 20, 2019, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Agreed about the nose gear, but the canopy is pretty darn close. I looks like the angle of the windshield bow is a little bit more vertical than on the full size. And regarding the wheels, they look ok, but the tire size is smaller. As far as the sound, it's going to be pretty hard to duplicate the sound of the full scale aircraft, as the volume of air that is being punished by the props is considerably less than that of the full size aircraft.
Oct 20, 2019, 04:28 PM
EB-66C Team Member
That is an amazing model!

J
Oct 20, 2019, 04:35 PM
Site Aspie
Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic model, but I've looked at a lot of Broncos as I'm a big fan, so deviations from realism stand out to me. I've got a Bronco kit waiting for me to start building it.

Electric would sound better because you don't have the jet scrape to overpower the prop sound. My Tigercat has 21"x15" three blade props and sounds exactly like a small twin turboprop in a lot of situations.
Latest blog entry: EL-39 compilation video
Oct 23, 2019, 07:04 PM
Electric Coolhunter
That Bronco canopy is a touch off.

If you look closely, all the panels in this built up (not molded) canopy were done as 2D curves with flat sheets of plastic. Some of the real OV-10 canopy panels are flat or close to it, but not all of them.

Still a fantastic model achievement.
Latest blog entry: 2020 events, revised schedule
Oct 24, 2019, 10:09 PM
The center windshield is the ONLY flat panel on the OV-10 Canopy. The rest of the panels (10!) are compound curved...
1000 Hrs., OV-10 time

Quick Reply