This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 20, 2019, 06:55 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

My Turn! RED GWS SLOW STICK Almost Done!

Guys,

I had an opportunity super early this morning while the family was still asleep to work on at least one RED SLOW STICK with a BP Brushless motor, ESC and servos already installed, however, required some TLC and minor repairs.

This particular GWS Slow Stick had some modifications and RICHARD installed hollow Aluminum Rubber Band Securing Posts to allow for any size / shape rubber bands and not fear that they will come OFF during flight instead of just using the STOCK Plastic Nipples.

However, one section (Right Front Post plus Plastic Hardware) was observed to have been busted completely off and I had to improvise and repair. Luckily I have a good hardware collection of sorts and was able to fix the post by drilling baby drill on the top of the wing saddle and found a head bolt small enough with almost a flat head to fix and return this SLOW STICK in flying condition.

A few Pictures!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 08:12 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP

Complete! RED GWS Slow Stick back to life after 3+ years in Storage!

Guys,

I am satisfied that made a good effort in not only repairing and making this particular GWS Slow Stick that has been in storage for 3+ years back to it's Glory Days once again and ready to fly!

Additionally, as you may have been flowing my posts, for the Brand New Yellow GWS Slow Stick, I purchased a few items for it such as the Carbon Rods Mod and Yellow Rubber Bands! Shipping from Radial RC was much more reasonable! GravesRC that I know of, do not have the Colored Rubber Bands especially made for the GWS Slow Stick.

Okay, here's my RED Slow Stick brought back from a long sleep!

Quick Reply