Oct 19, 2019, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Multirotor goes straight up with no control

I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me with troubleshooting an issue I'm having with my drone I built. I'm not completely new to building drones as this is my 4th build.
So I will just start with my specs.
DJI F330 frame
RacerStar 980kv brushless motors.
Turnigy Multistar 20A ESC's
Mateksys F405-STD & FCHUB6s
Flashed with iNav 2.2.1
Using 8045 props.
Mateksys Taillight & Loud Buzzer
I fly LOS for now.

The thing is this build was flying perfectly fine until I decided to add the Mateksys Taillight & Buzzer.
After I added that when I go to fly the drone as I push up on the throttle it just goes straight up in the air and just hoovers almost like it is in altitude hold mode and it wobbles really bad too. I can even put the throttle all the way down to the bottom and it doesn't make it drop and I have no yaw pitch or roll control either. I tried putting it in RTH and it still didn't do anything but RTH was working just fine before. My only option to get it out of the sky is to disarm the motors and it drops out of the sky. Not fun.
How I have the Mateksys Taillight & Buzzer wired. I have it in FC Mode I have 5V going to a 5V pad on the FCHUB6S and the negative to the negative pad on the FCHUB6S. Then I have DIN going to S5 pad on the FC and Buz- going to Buz- on the FC.
I've check and verified that my receiver and my transmitter is working fine in the radio tab of iNav.
I just can't figure out what might be causing it to act like this. Only thing I can think of is maybe to move the 5V and GND from the PDB to the FC and see if that makes a difference.
Perhaps someone here would be willing to help me with troubleshooting what might be happening or what to look at to get it back to flying as it was before.
Last edited by jaysinism; Oct 19, 2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Frame brand
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply