This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 18, 2019, 02:54 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Gerry's Dark Green GWS SLOW STICK - Been in storage for 2 years!

Guys!

Since my buddy (Gerry) is retired he beat me to having the first operational SLOW STICK from the lot I found in my house last night!

Gerry really wants to go back to relaxing times and fly SLOW and LOW as he has a Grand Daughter (2 years old) that is transfixed with RC Airplanes!

Here is Gerry's Dark Green SLOW STICK with Brushless Power! THE CRAZE IS BACK!

to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2019, 08:43 AM
Micro all the flying things!
PittSpecial: Lucky you found that secret stash of Micro Slow Stick kits!

Love your friend's custom paint job! Did he weigh the plane before and after painting? I wonder how many grams the paint added.

It's a shame that GWS took the Micro Stick out of production. At least they re-started production of the regular Slow Stick for Aloft Hobbies.

What I'd really like to see now is an Ultra-Micro (UMX) Slow Stick -- with 1S brushless power -- for flying in small indoor spaces this winter.
Oct 19, 2019, 09:14 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Brainstorm,

1. It is the 46.3 Inch Wing Span and not the Mirco.
2. It came with the paint job from GWS and not a Custom.
3. Yes, lucky that a good friend had to move away and left me all this stash!
Oct 19, 2019, 09:24 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
PittSpecial: Lucky you found that secret stash of Micro Slow Stick kits!

Love your friend's custom paint job! Did he weigh the plane before and after painting? I wonder how many grams the paint added.

It's a shame that GWS took the Micro Stick out of production. At least they re-started production of the regular Slow Stick for Aloft Hobbies.

What I'd really like to see now is an Ultra-Micro (UMX) Slow Stick -- with 1S brushless power -- for flying in small indoor spaces this winter.

However, there is a good RC Associate and very talented who did built a custom Slow Stick with Custom Paint and provided many details over at his BLOG:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-a-Slow-Stick

Teaser Pic:
Oct 19, 2019, 09:54 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Back in July 2007, another buddy (Gerry) created (Modified) a regular GWS Slow Stick to provide for a Semi-Symmetrical Wing and you ALL can view his creations and Videos over at:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...21%21%21/page2

Teaser Pic:

Nov 01, 2019, 01:43 PM
Micro all the flying things!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
1. It is the 46.3 Inch Wing Span and not the Mirco.
2. It came with the paint job from GWS and not a Custom.
3. Yes, lucky that a good friend had to move away and left me all this stash!
Thank you for clarifying! I'm relatively new to the Slow Stick and still learning about all the details and versions.

Quote:
However, there is a good RC Associate and very talented who did built a custom Slow Stick with Custom Paint and provided many details over at his BLOG:
Quote:
Back in July 2007, another buddy (Gerry) created (Modified) a regular GWS Slow Stick to provide for a Semi-Symmetrical Wing and you ALL can view his creations and Videos over at:
Thank you for digging out these links!

These are the types of wonderful, inspiring and informative projects and threads that are not always easy to find via search. That is if I even know what I'm searching for.

I've been browsing around on RCG for a number of years now. Yet I still find new/old treasures on a regular basis. Love it!

Quick Reply