Mar 26, 2020, 12:28 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Hope there are still people flying, where allowed. Here we have partial lockdown, no gathering or more than 2 people, unless from the same family and home, limited number of customers in shops, to prevent people getting too close to each other, restaurants closed, etc.

Luckily that means it's still ok to go out and fly FPV, as long as you don't break the getting too close to someone else rule. Here's my best flight from yesterday:

Diatone R349, last flight before total lockdown? (3 min 52 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2020, 03:46 PM
Few flights over the last days. Getting used to my new Geprc CineRun HD.

GepRC CineRun HD3 - At Home (4 min 41 sec)

GepRC CineRun HD3 - Hermitage Park (3 min 21 sec)
Mar 28, 2020, 06:14 PM
Gecko 4" with Caddx Vista.

Armattan Gecko 4 inch Caddx Vista - Autumm Park Rip (3 min 18 sec)
Mar 29, 2020, 10:03 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Great vids guys.... keep em coming.
Apr 05, 2020, 04:40 PM
I rebuilt my cinewhoop with all of the things! Edit made on my iPhone w GoPro app. Don’t have anything on hand to edit otherwise at the moment, but turned out pretty nifty imo.

SquirtV2 w RevoltOSD and 1507 3800kv Tmotor Quarantine Fun (5 min 56 sec)
Apr 06, 2020, 03:47 AM
Great control and smooth video.

Here's what I've been up to the past few days. First video is a so called "CineWhoop", the HGLRC Veyron 3. No digital FPV, still oldskool 5.8GHz, and straight from the box, some jello and video noise. But might be able to fix that:

First test flight with HGLRC Veyron 3 "CineWhoop" (2 min 11 sec)

Next some parking lot cruising with the Toothpick 2.5, using a frame I had here for over a year or so, combined with AIO camera from an old review sample. Needs some work, the camera isn't perfectly focused maybe, but flies pretty nice:

Toothpick 2.5 flight with new 2S 450mAh Gaoneng battery (4 min 35 sec)

And last, but not least, some more flying with my best Diatone R349:

Diatone R349, april 2020 flight, just before transmitter failure (4 min 20 sec)
Apr 06, 2020, 03:34 PM
solopro, what motors do you run on your 2s 2.5 toothpic build?
Apr 06, 2020, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonC
solopro, what motors do you run on your 2s 2.5 toothpic build?

Using BrotherHobby Returner R3 1103 8000kv and HQ 2-blade 2.5 inch T-style mount props.
Apr 08, 2020, 05:43 PM
A few packs with Impulserc Reverb.

A few drop frames in the middle from laptop/video editor rendering issue.

Autumn- juicy practice (2 min 43 sec)
Last edited by jasperfpv; Apr 08, 2020 at 07:41 PM.
Apr 09, 2020, 12:25 AM
Nice run, left a comment on YT.

Here are some of yesterday's flights:

GEPRC MX3 Sparrow V2, taking advantage of the great spring weather (4 min 2 sec)

Spring evening flight with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (4 min 28 sec)
Apr 09, 2020, 09:19 AM
Here's another with my GepRC Rocket Lite. Just some cruising at the park exploring. I do wish I got the Rocket Plus since the footage from the goggles is not that great. Very fun quad for just exploring and not bothering anyone.

GepRC Rocket Lite - Park cruising (4 min 25 sec)
Apr 12, 2020, 09:39 AM
Mash up of some old and more recent flights.

Autumn Vibes (2 min 45 sec)
Apr 16, 2020, 09:36 PM
Toaster, not Toast

Social Distancing

You all have posted some awesome videos.

The golf course closed to figure out how to function in these times. It always looked like a neat place to fly, so I walked in and flew around for a bit. It was fun to see how low I could fly over the terrain. I was flying a diatone gt-r90 with an upgraded camera, a Caddx baby ratel. The weather kinda sucked and it was quite windy. Then there were geese. Also, I managed to hit the same tiny twig twice.

I stuck it together with music and sound effects using DaVinci Resolve. The bird sounds are simulated. I don’t necessarily listen to this type of music, but watching the Video made me want something kinda glitchy and fast. If you don’t like it, hit mute.

Flying Heron Lakes Golf Course (3 min 14 sec)
Latest blog entry: Evolution Woodie
Apr 17, 2020, 12:06 AM
Nice vid on that golf course. Here's what I've been working on recently, turning an overweight "Toothpick" Parrot 132 into a much more agile 3 inch flyer. Fitted higher kv HGLRC motors, and moved everything over to a Diatone Cube 339 frame:

First flight with the HGLRC Parrot 132 after conversion to Diatone GTB-339 frame (4 min 32 sec)

More flying with the HGLRC Parrot 132 on Diatone Cube GTB-339 frame (3 min 57 sec)

Between 4 and 5 minutes flight time doing faster flying and acro, and over 7 minutes when cruising around, with the occasional flip or roll. On a 3S 450mAh battery. It used to be able to get up to 9 minutes, but that was with much less performance, and on a 4S 650mAh battery, Now it performs much better, on a much smaller battery, and is one of my current fav 110x motor quads.
Apr 17, 2020, 12:28 AM
Toaster, not Toast
Funny you mention it, Solo. My other quad is a GTB339 and I just posted a video on that thread, a few posts after your's. Pretty sweet; looks like it flies nice. I, too, get great flight times. Keep it up.
Latest blog entry: Evolution Woodie

Quick Reply