Oct 21, 2019, 07:49 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Nice Ripping Maestro!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2019, 12:55 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Good fun and close indeed. Left a comment on YT, surprised to see I was the first to comment, even with this vid being up for a month almost.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 22, 2019, 05:41 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Last flight from last Saturday at this new flying spot for me.... Great fun with the LARVA X on 3S.

2019 #128 Happymodel LARVA X - NEW PARK Maiden RIP (CHILL TRAP - Docta Toxic) (6 min 3 sec)
Oct 22, 2019, 05:55 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
2019 #124 Hyperlite FLOSS3 PARK RIP Golden Hour (Buckethead - Hospitality) (7 min 12 sec)
Oct 24, 2019, 07:38 PM
Skydiving Confectioner
Where ya been? Here and there. (5 min 29 sec)

Just compiling a few weekends.
Oct 25, 2019, 03:43 AM
This flight was fun, till the R-XSR decided it really wasn't happy, after throwing an early "signal low" warning within 30 seconds, it seemed fine for a few minutes, then suddenly game over:

First flight with the Holybro Kopis 2 6S edition, ending in a crash (2 min 21 sec)

Definitely need better 4S batteries. Quad flew ok, but massive voltage sag when punching the throttle. Sadly as to be expected from the regular "75C" Tattu series. If you want the real deal, you need R-Line or GNB, or similar, the lower spec Tattu might seem great, but often let you down if you have an even mildly powerful setup. Like this quad, low kv motors, so you'd expect less voltage sag, but still. I wonder if a GNB 650mAh 4S 80C would perform the same or maybe even better than the Tattu 4s 1300mAh 75C. It shouldn't, but I would not be surprised if these would turn out to be an even match.
Oct 25, 2019, 06:02 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Lord Of Candy - Nice rippin man..... yep that branch by the river was a close one!!
Oct 25, 2019, 06:07 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Solo - yep my 6S Kopis2 (Rotor Riot edition with 2150 motors) flies well on 4 and is a huge current hog on 6S.

Nice flying....sucks when a receiver lets you down. Hard to trust it again after you get a signal loss.
Oct 25, 2019, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Solo - yep my 6S Kopis2 (Rotor Riot edition with 2150 motors) flies well on 4 and is a huge current hog on 6S.

Nice flying....sucks when a receiver lets you down. Hard to trust it again after you get a signal loss.

I've replaced with XSR, same plug, just had to move the wire in the plug from fport to sbus, but works perfect. I might try flashing new firmware on R-XSR and then do a range test, before ever using it again.
Oct 25, 2019, 08:48 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I've replaced with XSR, same plug, just had to move the wire in the plug from fport to sbus, but works perfect. I might try flashing new firmware on R-XSR and then do a range test, before ever using it again.
Yep fly low and slow over grass (in case it drops again) and get way out there to re-build confidence in the link. I hate not trusting my control link.
Oct 26, 2019, 01:00 PM
New receiver for now, XSR fitted instead of R-XSR, and quad has been rock solid so far:

Kopis 2 6S - sunset Flight, stock PIDs, 4S 1300mAh Tattu 75C (3 min 37 sec)
Oct 26, 2019, 02:20 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Nice flying Solo.... is that the new latest 6S Kopis2?
Oct 26, 2019, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Nice flying Solo.... is that the new latest 6S Kopis2?

Thanks, and yes it is. Holybro sent me one very recently. There is also a work in progress review thread for it, in this same subforum.

Here's another video, of the Eachine/Diatone ER349, flown right after the Kopis 2:

Sunset flight with the Eachine/Diatone ER349 (3 min 43 sec)
Oct 27, 2019, 03:15 PM
And finally a new video of my Fuuton 2:

Helifar Fuuton 2, autumn flight with fresh NanoTech 3S 1300mAh LiPo (4 min 51 sec)
Oct 27, 2019, 03:34 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Thread OP
Solo - Video looks clean... my video feed is really bad with interference. I have added caps, but need to look a bit deeper and drop D term to see if it lessens interference any.

Quick Reply