This thread is privately moderated by mr.slick, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 17, 2019, 11:59 AM
Trader Rating: 51
Thread OP
Sold

Byron f-16

Here's an Byron F-16 i converted to elec last winter.Stripped old paint, wings and tail feathers glassed and all repainted and decals applied. i installed an SK-3 600kv. heli outrunner on byron fan. Have run it with 10,11 and 12 cell setup with 100 amp esc. Has fixed gear but i have a set of spring air retracts for it. Auw is around 14lb on 10 cell 5000mah 40 c batt. On last landind plane veered off paved runway into tall grass which bent nose gear and caused some damage to fuselage area behind nose cone and around front gear. Can be repaired fairley easy with fiber cloth. This is Byron's last version with dual servos installed in rear for elevon flaps. All nirod removed by me and servos installed in wings to elimanate flutter. Rudder servo also moved to rear.Rudder has wood spar.I installed a new ply motor mount with alum front plate also. Hitec 5485 digi's for elev's. No wing servos as i needed them for other project but left linkage on horns. All flaps have robart pin hinges epoxied in. I had foam filled hollow nose cone as well so no damaged to it. It was a labor of love but im out of room in my tiny shop so letting it go. Make an offer for cash and possible trade item's. Cannot ship for obvious reasons but can deliver a reasonable distance in FLORIDA. PM IF INTERESTED. Any questions just ask. Thanks......Dan
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2019, 12:10 PM
Trader Rating: 18

F-16

$$$$$
Oct 17, 2019, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
it's listed as make an offer but next to impossible to ship because of fuselage size. I live in FL.
Oct 17, 2019, 05:13 PM
Trader Rating: 16
Nooooo your selling it!!
Oct 17, 2019, 06:16 PM
Thread OP
Not much choice B.B. no room in shop and not allowed in house any longer as she wants a sewing room now. I feel a 'PRIUS' catching fire in my driveway any day now. HA!
Oct 17, 2019, 06:32 PM
Trader Rating: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.slick
Not much choice B.B. no room in shop and not allowed in house any longer as she wants a sewing room now. I feel a 'PRIUS' catching fire in my driveway any day now. HA!
Lol, yeah I know the feeling I'm trying to convince my wife to give up her space in the garage for a full scale bd-5, she says your rc stuff has to go.
Oct 17, 2019, 07:28 PM
Thread OP
BD-5 eh. In the early 70's i help my dad and his friend build the real deal here at his airport hanger. Never got off the ground then but we built a Volksplane also and he flew it to Oshkosh for the 1975 fly-in. It's now in a small museum down here in south FL.
Oct 17, 2019, 07:37 PM
Thread OP
For guys looking at this post,I will let it go for$300.00 and throw in the Spring Air tri gear retracts with tank and lines.fill valve etc.Local only.

Quick Reply