Oct 20, 2019, 06:19 AM
mfc_dn - this is so far closest to what I would wish
Only if that power button could be moved somewhere else or made smaller - that would clear space for pots F1 and F2 below 6 buttons..

rudi1968 - also really appreciate your work (I am 66 )

Obviously - FrSky will have final word, but I think that we are very close ..

P.S.
Just did a quick check in Companion 2.3.1 - it seams that pots in X9E are still F1 and F2 and sliders S1 and S2 - in contrary with others radios like X7, X9D and X10 for example, where pots are S1 and S2 ..
(on X12 pots are also S1 and S2 - and that additional sliders are S3 and S4)

I thought that there was mentioning about standardizing this ..
Maybe I misunderstood something - could someone provide more info ..

P.P.S.
I can understand that OTX team can't change this on existing radio ..
- Frsky - please take opportunity to fix this also ..
(it was mentioned before on this thread - about cleaning/clearing naming conventions - sorry,,)
Last edited by Darko FC; Oct 20, 2019 at 06:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko FC
mfc_dn - this is so far closest to what I would wish
Only if that power button could be moved somewhere else or made smaller - that would clear space for pots F1 and F2 below 6 buttons..

rudi1968 - also really appreciate your work (I am 66 )

Obviously - FrSky will have final word, but I think that we are very close ..

P.S.
Just did a quick check in Companion 2.3.1 - it seams that pots in X9E are still F1 and F2 and sliders S1 and S2 - in contrary with others radios like X7, X9D and X10 for example, where pots are S1 and S2 ..
(on X12 pots are also S1 and S2 - and that additional sliders are S3 and S4)

I thought that there was mentioning about standardizing this ..
Maybe I misunderstood something - could someone provide more info ..

P.P.S.
I can understand that OTX team can't change this on existing radio ..
- Frsky - please take opportunity to fix this also ..
(it was mentioned before on this thread - about cleaning/clearing naming conventions - sorry,,)
I have the same opinion. Thanks to All for their job. Now it is up to FrSky what they can to do.
Oct 20, 2019, 11:13 PM
I would like to see at least one of the rotary potentiometers have indents, on my Futaba 9C they have 31. This allows me to use them also as rotary switches, I don't think 31 are necessary but perhaps 13 or 15 or some odd number which keeps one of the positions at the pot's center position.

Just in case anyone is wondering why, one of the uses is my Benedini sound card which uses up to 12 positions.

Jim
Oct 21, 2019, 09:17 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLindner
I would like to see at least one of the rotary potentiometers have indents, on my Futaba 9C they have 31. This allows me to use them also as rotary switches, I don't think 31 are necessary but perhaps 13 or 15 or some odd number which keeps one of the positions at the pot's center position.

Just in case anyone is wondering why, one of the uses is my Benedini sound card which uses up to 12 positions.

Jim
Swapping pots is pretty easy, so I wouldn't worry too much if the pots are the usual indentless or centre indent pots, just sub in the style you want.
Oct 22, 2019, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi1968
Hi
1, slider placed at the height of the gimbal
2, speaker with headphone connection
3, Taranis Disply with left buttons and right the beloved scroll wheel

Maybe someone who can notify FrSky if such a design can be produced.

Kind regards
Please put the Display on the top, that way its easier to look at and a very spacious cavity for the battery (multiple 18650s like 3S2P) see attached pictures.
Oct 22, 2019, 06:47 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcels
I have the same opinion. Thanks to All for their job. Now it is up to FrSky what they can to do.
This has bothered me from Day 1: Why are the pots on the X9E named F1 and F2 instead of P1 and P2?
Oct 22, 2019, 07:12 AM
Maybe because it was experiment after success with X9D (that already had pots S1 and S2 ) ..
Anyway - this is old water under the bridge - but now is chance to introduce some standardisation ..
Oct 22, 2019, 01:23 PM

Concept 5

Hello everyone

Concept transmitter desk version:

The basic idea of ​​the concept is to put a transmitter together in its own responsibility.
The manufacturer of the transmitter must interpret the motherboard so all the available controls
Plug ready are present or the mother board offers a connection system where each switch
Potentiometer or slider in the marked connections past.
Example:
A B C D E F switch in socket A B C D E F on the mother board.
Gimbal Link with trim in beech gimbal links.

The following items are available for selection on the bevel case cover.

Left field
6 switches not all equipped
2 sliders

center
6 buttons or switches only partly equipped
2 potentiometers and position switches with 6 notches

Right field
6 switches not all equipped
2 sliders

Flat housing cover:
Left
Gimbal for left side with trim
center
3 sliders
1 slide control with 2 additional trims
Right
Gimbal for right side with trim

As Disply I use that from the Horus x10, input devices will follow at the end of this week.

It's just a concept of me with suggestions from this posting of writing
Participants.

Kind regards

Rudi
Oct 22, 2019, 02:50 PM

Concept 5

Another picture with a handrest
Oct 22, 2019, 06:47 PM
My number one wish is for a display at the top.
Oct 23, 2019, 09:22 AM

Display to the top

Here I can only agree with Mark the display belongs to the top
Oct 23, 2019, 01:10 PM
What is the advantage of an upper display? Who looks at the transmitter or the display while flying?
If I have a value, e.g. b. I would like to program current consumption / battery voltage, I program this on a button or switch, or program me an automatic warning message.

There must be room for an overhead display, so where to go with the switches? downward?

A display on top of a transmitter makes optimal placing of internal antennas difficult and mostly affects RF signal distribution disadvantageous. This is what first Horus 12S buyers did learn and that was also why FrSky decided to advise users to add external antenna and operate internal and external antennas simultaneously. Thus there is no need for a repeat of that experience.
Oct 23, 2019, 01:34 PM
Hi

There is a proposal from me, but it is very big.
Length 280mm width 250mm and then really big.
But there are no switches drawn because I have looked too clumsy.

Kind regards

Rudi
Oct 23, 2019, 01:50 PM
At first I also wanted to have a display on the top. But generaly it is not neccesary. Display on the top was important at a time when telemetry was only on display. Now I prefer to have easy access to switches and other controls which shoud be on the top of the tray transmitter. Never using display during flight. Out of flight during setup or tuning is no matter where the display is located. JETI has no problem with display on the top regarding affects RF signal distribution. For me is much more logicaly and useful design of Futaba FX36 than JETI DC24. I agree with mfc_dn that is ease to program any of telemetry voices, automated or by switch/button.
Oct 23, 2019, 02:31 PM
FJH
FJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcels
JETI has no problem with display on the top regarding affects RF signal distribution.
Jeti DS16 has 2 RF units and 4 internal antennas installed around the top display, do you request that FrSky also shall install 2 RF units and 4 internal antennas? Your X10 has two. New Jeti DS12 has a single new RF unit with two internal antennas and several users are claiming link problems with this DS12, which they didn't have before with their DS16. So please don't say in that general way that Jeti has no problem with display on top, it's simply wrong.
Last edited by FJH; Oct 23, 2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply