Dec 11, 2019, 03:14 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
What is the mod for better tipping on the 1573?

Yes, I bought the black stick type controller for the 1550.... but I don't like it much. Instead, I have bought some 580 controllers with board to put into some of my 1550s.

It is cheaper to buy a 1580 23ch controller AND board than to buy the black controller for the 1550? (just the controller)

I like the 580 controller layout... the black one is not efficient to use (hard to hold).... the 2 toggle switches do forward and back each side tracks,,,, I like the 580 style finger buttons on the shoulders on the remote..... the black Tx is tiny.... good for small hands and a step up from the useless 1550 transmitter at least.

https://www.banggood.com/HuiNa-Toys-...r_warehouse=CN

https://www.banggood.com/Huina-Excav...r_warehouse=CN

The 1580 Tx and board comes with the wires and plugs to connect to the board... it will just take a bit of working out to find which plug/wire does what action in what direction. I will likely make the controller stick directions go the way that suits me... I have noticed standard on the 1550 with the black controller, the direction of the levers seems counter intuative... whan wanting to empty the bucket, it seems to be the wrong direction stick movement,,, so i tend to do the wrong movement first... then the correct movement.

Fitting the 580 board, I can make the tx movements suit my liking... and will have lots of extra channels for lights and things..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2019, 03:28 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx29l9
Hey Calcifer- ever thought of going down this road?
That is awesome bro... there is really no limit to what can be done with modern RC stuff (2.4ghz gear)
Dec 11, 2019, 05:36 AM
The land down under
Delete
Dec 11, 2019, 05:39 AM
The land down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
What is the mod for better tipping on the 1573?

Yes, I bought the black stick type controller for the 1550.... but I don't like it much. Instead, I have bought some 580 controllers with board to put into some of my 1550s.

It is cheaper to buy a 1580 23ch controller AND board than to buy the black controller for the 1550? (just the controller)

I like the 580 controller layout... the black one is not efficient to use (hard to hold).... the 2 toggle switches do forward and back each side tracks,,,, I like the 580 style finger buttons on the shoulders on the remote..... the black Tx is tiny.... good for small hands and a step up from the useless 1550 transmitter at least.

https://www.banggood.com/HuiNa-Toys-...r_warehouse=CN

https://www.banggood.com/Huina-Excav...r_warehouse=CN

The 1580 Tx and board comes with the wires and plugs to connect to the board... it will just take a bit of working out to find which plug/wire does what action in what direction. I will likely make the controller stick directions go the way that suits me... I have noticed standard on the 1550 with the black controller, the direction of the levers seems counter intuative... whan wanting to empty the bucket, it seems to be the wrong direction stick movement,,, so i tend to do the wrong movement first... then the correct movement.

Fitting the 580 board, I can make the tx movements suit my liking... and will have lots of extra channels for lights and things..
Take off ram looking thing from front of tipper and make extended arms so it tips higher. With regards to control, If you think of this way[ move right stick right or away from controller to empty or move the bucket out the opposite should apply when moving it inside or left
Dec 16, 2019, 03:56 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
Yay!! My 1580 arrived. It is the correct one, in the black carry box/case... man, it weighs a ton... as described it is all metal... it looks totally awesome!

Once I fire it up, I will go back to the reserved thread (#40) and do a bit of a review on it... so it is close to the 1550 review (#32)
Dec 16, 2019, 03:46 PM
The land down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Yay!! My 1580 arrived. It is the correct one, in the black carry box/case... man, it weighs a ton... as described it is all metal... it looks totally awesome!

Once I fire it up, I will go back to the reserved thread (#40) and do a bit of a review on it... so it is close to the 1550 review (#32)
Excellent, it’s definitely the best thing they make.

I can’t recommend the 1583 wheel loader as mine lost rear drive when using it on Sunday (had it two weeks) I have since seen other people reporting the same issue. Heavy does not sit well with toy grade electronics is my conclusion.
Dec 17, 2019, 07:26 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
That's a bummer Simo.... Is the rear drive a single motor that runs the rear? Or is there a motor each wheel?

Can you do a review of the 583 here for us? And show or explain what went wrong with it? Was it going good before the rear drive stopped working?

What is the seller doing to help? Anything?
Dec 17, 2019, 10:38 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
I like the way real excavators can help themselves and help each other... this video they change the swing bearing... you would think they need to jack up the top half of the excavator.... Wrong!

Fitting tracks too...

Excavator Swing Bearing Replacement (6 min 45 sec)

Excavator Track Installation (4 min 0 sec)
Dec 22, 2019, 10:14 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
I found this video good... shows how to drive a real excavator for a beginner... a bit of an insight into them...

How to Operate an Excavator | Heavy Equipment Operator (ep. 063) (25 min 43 sec)
Dec 28, 2019, 05:44 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
Does anyone know what the oil is for the smoke system on rc stuff like the 580? Like, what can and can't be used?
Dec 29, 2019, 01:35 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
Double post
Last edited by Calcifer; Dec 29, 2019 at 04:37 AM.
Dec 29, 2019, 01:39 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
What is inside a 580....

Not my video, something I found on the intertubes...

Kudos to the video owner.

huina 580 Disassembly video (14 min 40 sec)
Dec 31, 2019, 05:03 AM
Check my blog....
Thread OP
I would love to find one of these... This guy was given this excavator as long as he removed it

Abandoned Excavator left in woods for 16 years- Will it start ?? (17 min 54 sec)
Jan 03, 2020, 06:52 PM
Amazing!!! I want It!!

Quick Reply