This thread is privately moderated by JollyPopper200, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 14, 2019, 06:27 PM
Trader Rating: 29
Thread OP
Wanted

Price of LiPo batteries

This may be the wrong place to ask this question but I rest assured that if it is folks will let me know in no uncertain terms. The question is whether or not the prices of LiPo batteries has fallen in the last few months or if these batteries I am seeing in the ads are junk. I haven't looked specifically at batteries for several months, but it seems to me that a good 3S 50C battery used to go for at least $50.00, sometimes considerably more. I looked today at batteries and see that this size battery can be had now for $35.00 or so. Is the quality of these batteries any good or is this a waste of money? I am aware that radios have advanced greatly in quality while plummeting in price in the last few years and was wondering if the same thing is happening in the LiPo battery world. Any thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2019, 09:56 PM
Trader Rating: 22
most exalted one
what capacity 2000? 3000??? Gotta compare apples to apples.
Oct 14, 2019, 10:41 PM
Trader Rating: 90
Lori, hey, you're home early
Someone recently directed me to this thread. It's a thread in which quality/veracity/price are discussed with actual results from use. Prices have come down but I bet that has more to do with the downward pressure of Turnigy pricing on so-called premium brands. Look at that thread and look at some of the results.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...st-Comparisons
Oct 15, 2019, 06:17 AM
Trader Rating: 101
It's the Law of Supply and Demand, the very basic tenet of Capitalism. I believe that there are only a few manufacturers of LiPo batteries, anyway.
Oct 15, 2019, 12:02 PM
Trader Rating: 29
Thread OP
The question was if a good quality 3S battery, say a 5000 mah, was less money today than it was two years ago. Are they coming down appreciably in price as the demand increases?
Oct 15, 2019, 12:10 PM
Trader Rating: 90
Lori, hey, you're home early
Unsubscribed.

Good luck.
Oct 17, 2019, 02:18 AM
Trader Rating: 22
most exalted one
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPopper200
The question was if a good quality 3S battery, say a 5000 mah, was less money today than it was two years ago. Are they coming down appreciably in price as the demand increases?
No,,.................

Quick Reply