Oct 20, 2019, 08:55 PM
going to order one of these ...I dont know the quality of the motor but I saw in the promo video it had a skywalker esc ....if so those are solid speed controllers....the motor size and 1200kv should easily allow for up to a 9x9 prop on 4s and 7x7 would be a good 5s setup....
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2019, 09:58 PM
Yea you may be able to get away with a 9 x9 on there possibly in a sport prop on 4s. I ordered mine up already and it will be here tomorrow according to fedex. Iím excited as hell! I have an EFXtra already and been flying the hell out of the that and I also have a V900 as well so this will be a nice addition to the collection. I really do like that they start you off with an 80amp ESC and donít have it amped right up to the top of it. They already know that we are gonna play with it and make it so much more than stock. Lol. I think the 7 x7 that it comes with is a little small for having a 1200kv. As soon as I get it all together Iím gonna do an amp test with the stock prop then Iím gonna pop on the 8 x8 APC sport prop I have and see what the amp reading is on that. I will probably try flying it with the stock prop then the 8 x8 and go from there. I always use the gas sport props on all my planes. The APC thin electric props are just amp killers and just suck IMO. I like the sport gas props cause the amps are always so much less then the thin electrics and they have more pitch variations to play with. I like to usually try staying with square props though. But with a 1200kv motor this thing can definitely be propped up and grab more torque and speed out of her. Itís on tomorrow when Fedex shows up! I also have some nice and new zippy 3300 40c batteries ready to go as well. This should be fun......
Oct 20, 2019, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan
Took two days to get my shipping notification, I did add a male deans to xt60 adapter to my order so that might have slowed the process some. Boy, arenít we spoiled nowadays? The adapter will let me use my Wattmeter on various batteries, already have a female deans to Xt60. Will also need to buy some batteries for this plane. I already have a couple of 2200 4s, and 3600 4s old and weak, 5s 2650 also old and weak, and 5s 3000, new. May not fit this plane though. Also have some newer 6s 1800s for a quick speed run. Unfortunately my brave radar man is out of town for a couple of weeks.
If you use the free shipping option from motion rc, then they donít hop right on your order and get it out. Itís like they take their good old time and get to it when they feel like. When I order planes and stuff like that and its something not small that Iím not in a rush for then I always check off the better shipping option for 9.99 and they hop right on it and get it out super fast. I literally always received my confirmation and tracking number in just a few hours when I do it that way. Just an FYI
Oct 20, 2019, 10:33 PM
Try aeronaut cam carbon props they have a 7x7 and 9x9 ....I have tested them along side apc props and they are more efficient....
Oct 21, 2019, 10:54 AM
Throttle Bender
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fockeflyer79
If you use the free shipping option from motion rc, then they donít hop right on your order and get it out. Itís like they take their good old time and get to it when they feel like. When I order planes and stuff like that and its something not small that Iím not in a rush for then I always check off the better shipping option for 9.99 and they hop right on it and get it out super fast. I literally always received my confirmation and tracking number in just a few hours when I do it that way. Just an FYI
Thatís what I did and itís scheduled to get here on Friday.
Oct 21, 2019, 10:58 AM
Throttle Bender
Thread OP
These pics are from the Hobbysquawk forum. If that fits, my 5s 3000s should fit. That may be what I use for my maiden.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:21 AM
I have tried the Aeronaut props before and yes they are more efficient, however I always notice less rpms out of my motor and more amp draw. But they are more efficient I guess how they move air. I don’t know, maybe the small ones will work much better for me. All the ones I tested in the past were all 11 and 12”
Oct 21, 2019, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan
Thatís what I did and itís scheduled to get here on Friday.
Damn man! Iím sorry to hear that. I know how it is when you order up a new plane and you canít wait till it gets here and all. Mine is supposed to be here an minute and I canít wait. When it does I will post back and let you guys know how it is and all. FYI I know you saw that they put a 5000 battery in the plane but omg that is some crazy weight man! Lol. You will dramatically slow that thing down, trust me on that. I canít bet that with a 3000 or a 3300 (which Iím gonna use) you can get at least 6 minutes out of it. Like I said Iíll report back.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:56 AM
a 5s 2200 would be plenty if you wanted to push it harder ....7x7 prop on 5s should scream ....idk if there is enough height in the battery tray for 6s unless its a low capacity stubby pack ...and then flight times would probably be less than 3 minutes for speed runs
Oct 21, 2019, 01:01 PM
Based on the numbers should it be faster than an EFXtra on a 5S 2200(plane all stock, including 7x6.5 prop)?

If it were really faster on a 5S 2200(of which I have several...) I might have to consider it... Even at its expensive never-going -to-go-on-sale EU price....

After waiting to see what issues arise of course...
Oct 21, 2019, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Based on the numbers should it be faster than an EFXtra on a 5S 2200(plane all stock, including 7x6.5 prop)?

If it were really faster on a 5S 2200(of which I have several...) I might have to consider it... Even at its expensive never-going -to-go-on-sale EU price....

After waiting to see what issues arise of course...
I doubt it will be faster than the efx extra since the motor kv is supposedly 1200kv but with the 80amp esc you should be able to run larger props for quick bursts without burning anything up....once I get one in my hands I will test 7x7, 8x8 and 9x9 props on 4s, 4hv, 5s and 5hv and see what kind of numbers I get
Oct 21, 2019, 02:42 PM
She made here! I will report back a little later and let you guys know how I make out with everything. Lol. Hopefully I can squeeze in enough time to get her out together and go through it all.
Oct 21, 2019, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerMan4Life
I doubt it will be faster than the efx extra since the motor kv is supposedly 1200kv but with the 80amp esc you should be able to run larger props for quick bursts without burning anything up....once I get one in my hands I will test 7x7, 8x8 and 9x9 props on 4s, 4hv, 5s and 5hv and see what kind of numbers I get
Thatís exactly what Iím gonna do today hopefully now that it showed up. But Iím gonna test the amps with the stock prop and just for giggles Iím gonna try an APC 7 x 7 sport to see if there is any difference and then try a APC 8 x 8 sport and see what that is. I donít unfortunately have any 9x9 in my stock or at least yet. But depending on the numbers I come up with is weather or not I grab one of those to see. I only have APC props in my stock to try out but if anyone has any other brands Iím their stock to try out possibly after they get their plane built and all please try and report. Iím just trying to get the most speed and efficiency out of her. I want to go fast but not for like 3 minutes. Iím hoping to get maybe 5 or more if I can. At least 5. On my EFXtra I get 4:30 on her and Iím by no means nice. Lol I run however the new super compact line of Zippy tho. I use a 2800 in there and itís super small. 106x35x37 and compared to my nano tech 2700 I canít believe how much smaller that 2800 is compared to it. I love those 2800s and only 280grams compared to the nano tech 2700 at 332grams. But Iím gonna be using my zippy 3300s I think in the Havok
Oct 21, 2019, 02:57 PM
Oh and all my tests will be on 4S.
Oct 21, 2019, 03:26 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to report that the website is definitely wrong on MRC. They say the prop is a 7x7 and on the box it says 7.8x7 and the prop also says it. Also the box says 1600kv motor and not 1200kv motor line the website also says. I havenít dug into it far enough yet to find out if that is correct on the 1600kv but I will report back on that unless someone else can before me. That would definitely explain the 80amp ESC tho....... here are some pics.

Quick Reply