This thread is privately moderated by Terry Dean, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 14, 2019, 12:16 PM
Trader Rating: 21
Thread OP
$50.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

Vintage Machinist Tool Assortment

The below listed Machinist Tools are for sale as a group. Price is $50.00 for all.

FREE shipping for the entire lot to any U.S. Zip Code.

Each item was bought new in the 1940's thru the early 1960's and used at home hobby machine work only. These tools have been stored in my workshop closet and have not been used in 50-years. This is nearing the end of all estate items.

1. The Micrometer in the wooden box was made by the Great Lakes Machine & Manufacturing Co. The lock on the end is too tight for me to break free by hand, but there appears to be no oxidation or surface rust on this tool. May likely free-up with a soaking in penetrating oil, but I've not tried that.

2. The" Craftsman Multi-Use Rule and Gauge" (#4026) works as it should, but the threads on the leather pouch have broken loose.

3. The "Control Flo Fountain Marking Pencil" (Diagraph-Bradley Ind, Merrin, IL) is in as-new condition. The thick cotton tip is still as good as new. The entire case is heavy aluminum and has no issues at all. I believe Dad used a machinist oil in the reservoir.

4. The "Screw Pitch Gage" is Craftsman #4050, and the pitch range is 4 to 84.

5. The larger micrometer photo shows the two shaft centers not in alignment, but I did that intentionally to show that the small end shaft is moveable using the cylindrical lock on the end of the tool.

6. I don't see a name on the two Outside Calipers, but the "Adjustable Combination Tool/Level" is Craftsman.

7. The Steel Rule measures 1/4 x 10" with increments of .032 and .062.

8. The Machinist Reference Cards are each like new.

I believe this these tools are all that I have remaining. Any questions, please ask.
Last edited by Terry Dean; Oct 16, 2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Shipping Fee Revision..
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply