Oct 17, 2019, 01:32 PM
Genius man
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
What does it do?(duh, but I mean compared vs first model)
I am collecting them like Dad does

All the pins are protected against faults and wrong connections according to the specifications. Also it states that it has a safer geolink data transmission if you are using geolink.

Here is a quote in the Spirit forum from Tomas

Quote:
The gyro itself has better parameters with respect to vibration immunity and in our tests displayed more precise flight characteristics.
The sensor core enables advanced algorithms to dramatically improve Rescue/Stabilisation precision (not used yet).
Also it has additional set of 3 sensors that will make it even more precise and possibly to add new features that were not possible with other units.
Last edited by denis747; Oct 17, 2019 at 01:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2019, 01:53 PM
☆ OVERDISCHARGE MASTER ☆
Interesting, so more of a future proof and better wire management. Maybe 2 months dwn the road it can do missions, like detect and eradicate squirrels...surely that's what additional sensors are for!

(Sorry, smack talk, but I do dig that mission waypoints though)
Oct 17, 2019, 09:28 PM
Teleport User
Whoaaaa cool fbl unit!...congratulations Denis747! dang 12 axis, more vibrate immunity, more precise flight, wide range size option + 3 additional sensor, sweeettt!
Oct 18, 2019, 12:10 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaygre
Whoaaaa cool fbl unit!...congratulations Denis747! dang 12 axis, more vibrate immunity, more precise flight, wide range size option + 3 additional sensor, sweeettt!
I was curious about the spec saying 12 axis sensor... so did some digging.

The 12 axis are:
  • 3 axis gyro
  • 3 axis accelerometer
  • 3 axis magnetometer
  • Thermometer
  • Barometer
  • Ambient light sensor

The last three aren't really an 'axis' but they are what the sensor is capable of processing. Bear in mind that these sensors are made for mobile phones and the like, not all the inputs would be useful in a FBL. My understanding is in the Spirit itself only the gyro and accelerometer are actually implemented (hence why the basic Spirit with it's 6 axis sensor flies just the same).
Oct 18, 2019, 01:27 AM
Teleport User
I see, so basically it's fbl unit with built in telemetry stuff then. Hmmm...nice compact unit, imho I prefer separate system to run, had a bad experience with some all in one set .
Oct 21, 2019, 06:07 PM

Anyone use the WiFi module with IPad?

Having trouble figuring out how to get this connected with my IPad,anyone have a simple instruction?I can see my Spirit 2 WiFi link on the WiFi Listed on the IPad but from there not getting it?
Oct 21, 2019, 06:27 PM
☆ OVERDISCHARGE MASTER ☆
Thermometer and barometer are definitely axis.
Spirit men are confused.
Oct 21, 2019, 09:26 PM

Spirit 2 on Xl Power 380

I got mine installed and flight tested.The SYS port is easy to get too,nice fit.As far as difference to the regular Spirit,canít tell yet from my brief flight.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:36 PM
Teleport User
Waaaa me jealous (in good way)!
Have you guys made the new 3 sensor works? I'm curious to see those features. I wonder if my 8ch TX are compatible with them, I only have futaba t6k (upgraded firmware). I'm sold by their previous predecessor.
Oct 22, 2019, 12:43 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaygre
Have you guys made the new 3 sensor works? I'm curious to see those features. I wonder if my 8ch TX are compatible with them, I only have futaba t6k (upgraded firmware). I'm sold by their previous predecessor.
It has the same features and works with the same transmitter channels as the previous Spirit... The only functional difference that's currently implemented is that all ports are protected from connection to DC voltage (on previous versions the Sys and eil/elev/rud ports could be damaged if connected to DC) and it has dual redundant power rails(whatever that means?).

In all intents and purposes on current firmware it works exactly the same as previous versions.
Oct 22, 2019, 12:56 PM
It has an aux1 and aux2 where you can hookup power.Flys the same as the others,same firmware.
Oct 22, 2019, 01:55 PM
Teleport User
Awesome! now that's neat improvement. Thanks for such great info JPF and Kauaiguy, much appreciated.
Oct 22, 2019, 01:59 PM
Heligamist
Some comparison photos a friend of mine posted on HF and said go ahead and share here:

Oct 22, 2019, 06:24 PM
☆ OVERDISCHARGE MASTER ☆
Thank you.
They look wonderful! I like the extended cab version!
Oct 22, 2019, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
I was curious about the spec saying 12 axis sensor... so did some digging.

The 12 axis are:
  • 3 axis gyro
  • 3 axis accelerometer
  • 3 axis magnetometer
  • Thermometer
  • Barometer
  • Ambient light sensor

The last three aren't really an 'axis' but they are what the sensor is capable of processing. Bear in mind that these sensors are made for mobile phones and the like, not all the inputs would be useful in a FBL. My understanding is in the Spirit itself only the gyro and accelerometer are actually implemented (hence why the basic Spirit with it's 6 axis sensor flies just the same).
Where's the usb connector? How do you connect it to your pc?

I'd like a unit with rear sats ports and usb port. And the all servo ports on top. I hate the all rear exit servo ports all flybarless units use these days. Seems I'm the minority.

How do they plan to use the 3 axis magnetometers in a metallic case? I wonder what they have up their sleeve. Or will they use these for anything? Maybe not and just it's just there since the latest invensense 9050 has it regardless if it is ever used.
Last edited by Thickfog; Oct 22, 2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quick Reply