This thread is privately moderated by kevin kavaney, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 13, 2019, 03:09 PM
Trader Rating: 64
Thread OP
$150.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Obeechi wood for sheeting wings

UnObtanium Obeechi wood for 1/3rd scale or larger Sailplane wings. This is sliced at 1.5 mm (0.059") and width is 10 inches down to 4 inches.
the veneer is 112 inches long.
Each box contains 6 pieces at 10 inches, another 4 pieces at 6 inches... in total about 77 square feet.
I have two of these boxes that I obtained from Asher Carmichael when he ran a lumber mill in Alabama about 8 years ago. The project I bought it for has since moved on to another scratch builder to complete, so I am hoping this wood will be put to good use.
I recently spoke to Asher and he feels that this kind of Obeechi is just not available anywhere anymore.
This wood is too thick for smaller sailplanes, so this is aimed at scratch builders doing big models... 33% and up...
Each box is 20 inches square and 12 inches high and has a wooden frame inside to protect the wood in shipping as well as packing...
I will NOT un ravel this wood as it will be impossible to get it all back inside. Each box weighs over 20 pounds so shipping will be expensive. It was expensive 8 years ago when I got this...the wood is easily butt spliced with masking tape over the seam before bagging...also one uses masking tape before cutting the wood to prevent splitting, which if happens, is easily repaired with glue at the time of bagging the wing.
Each box is priced at $150.00 plus shipping which will be variable depending on the distance..
thanks. kevin
Last edited by kevin kavaney; Oct 14, 2019 at 02:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2019, 01:47 PM
Trader Rating: 35
saint albans, wv
this is an amazing barn find...when I was building larger this would have been Christmas all month long!
Oct 15, 2019, 10:59 AM
Trader Rating: 6
PM sent
Oct 15, 2019, 06:56 PM
Trader Rating: 33
PM sent
Mike

Quick Reply