Oct 17, 2019, 02:29 PM
Hello everyone,

At this time, the factory does not have any plans for a MB-339 in EDF version. For both the models of this L-39 and MB-339 turbine, Global Jet Club and Banana Hobby are the exclusive US Dealers. We do have a few new project in progress.

Best Regards,
Banana Hobby Team
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2020, 01:38 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP

Pictures

The Banana Hobby L-39 has arrived, I have Lots of pictures as I put this L-39 together, it has a 105mm Fan 700kv motor, I will run 12S, the ESC is good for 14S I do not have any weight measurements yet. Test flights in the next two weeks. Since this is the prototype, I don't want to list specific brand /model of motor and esc as that can easily change.

L-39 Specs:
It is 1/6.6 scale
Length 72 inches (1828 mm)
Wing Span 56 inches (1433 mm)

Ralph.
Last edited by CRCJA; Feb 26, 2020 at 01:50 PM.
Feb 26, 2020, 01:51 PM
EDF all the way!
nice!
Bob
Feb 26, 2020, 07:28 PM
Battery Puffer
Will this have a more scale wing dihedral as oposed to the droopy HSD model?
Feb 26, 2020, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA
The Banana Hobby L-39 has arrived, I have Lots of pictures as I put this L-39 together, it has a 105mm Fan 700kv motor, I will run 12S, the ESC is good for 14S I do not have any weight measurements yet. Test flights in the next two weeks. Since this is the prototype, I don't want to list specific brand /model of motor and esc as that can easily change.

L-39 Specs:
It is 1/6.6 scale
Length 72 inches (1828 mm)
Wing Span 56 inches (1433 mm)

Ralph.
Was this the turbine model or did you order this without the turbine parts?
Latest blog entry: "Is that a Turbine?" Not...
Feb 26, 2020, 08:23 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
MarkF,

I can provide you pictures of any angle that you want from our L-39, I will however not compare our jets to any other competitors. Since the airframe is the same as our Turbine version, enjoy the pictures below and let me know if you need a more at a specific angle.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF
Will this have a more scale wing dihedral as oposed to the droopy HSD model?
Feb 26, 2020, 08:30 PM
Battery Puffer
Silly me I was thinking of the T-33 . This jet looks great and I have been wanting an L-39 for a long time. Glad to see this jet come to market. I will be a customer.
Feb 26, 2020, 09:26 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
MarkF,

Glad you like our L-39, it is available in Turbine version and this new EDF version will be through Banana Hobby. We do have a Composite T-33 available from Global Jet Club for Turbines in the 80-110 Range, we powered our prototype with an ACEx80 and now I will switch it up to a 120 newton in the next few weeks.

Ralph
Global Jet Club Flight Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF
Silly me I was thinking of the T-33 . This jet looks great and I have been wanting an L-39 for a long time. Glad to see this jet come to market. I will be a customer.
Feb 26, 2020, 10:03 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
This was the Turbine model made to EDF at the Factory.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrius
Was this the turbine model or did you order this without the turbine parts?
Feb 27, 2020, 02:18 PM
Just curious—The 105mm fan unit looks like the HSD V1 fan unit complete with 700kv motor for 12S ops...Is this an HSD model made for BH?...Reason for asking is that I really like my HSD EDF jets and if it’s made by HSD that’s actually a big plus for me. I not only like the foam that HSD uses but also the landing gear, servos and brakes are top drawer. I’m really liking that these models are going large as well!!!

Kevin
Feb 27, 2020, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
Just curiousóThe 105mm fan unit looks like the HSD V1 fan unit complete with 700kv motor for 12S ops...Is this an HSD model made for BH?...Reason for asking is that I really like my HSD EDF jets and if itís made by HSD thatís actually a big plus for me. I not only like the foam that HSD uses but also the landing gear, servos and brakes are top drawer. Iím really liking that these models are going large as well!!!

Kevin
Kevin,

This aircraft is not made by HSD.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so won't comment further on HSD's version.

Sean
Feb 27, 2020, 02:44 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
Kevin,

The foam is all the same from what I can tell, Global Jet Club calls it AeroFoam, as far as the Fan, unless I am mistaken, none make their own fan, retracts and brakes, so they source them.
I am not aware if they get them from the same place, but I rather give you any information you want about our product and not compare it to other vendors. Metal retracts, struts are included with out kits along with metal gear servos and of course electric brakes. Basically ready to go minus Receiver and batteries. Or you can opt to have no fan and no ESC as I understand. I should know more soon.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
Just curiousóThe 105mm fan unit looks like the HSD V1 fan unit complete with 700kv motor for 12S ops...Is this an HSD model made for BH?...Reason for asking is that I really like my HSD EDF jets and if itís made by HSD thatís actually a big plus for me. I not only like the foam that HSD uses but also the landing gear, servos and brakes are top drawer. Iím really liking that these models are going large as well!!!

Kevin
Feb 27, 2020, 06:12 PM
Can you measure the exhaust outlet?

Thanks
Latest blog entry: "Is that a Turbine?" Not...
Feb 27, 2020, 09:03 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Thread OP
I am at an event for the weekend and did not bring it with me, I can measure it on Monday. I will send a message to the factory, maybe they can do it for me.

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrius
Can you measure the exhaust outlet?

Thanks
Feb 28, 2020, 01:06 PM
That’s one good looking L-39...Super smooth finish!!!...Can’t wait for some flight vids. It appears to be about the same size as the one that I’m 3D printing. I’m also liking the trend towards larger EDF models as well—Keep us posted!!!

Kevin

Quick Reply