This thread is privately moderated by rsilk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 13, 2019, 02:34 AM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Increasing connection speed to Bluetooth module

The default serial speed of my HC-05 is 9600 baud which was fast for serial communications in 1975, but I decided to increase it to 57600. The module is connected to serial port 5, so I needed to set the SERIAL5_BAUD to 57. This can be done in various ways, depending on your Ardupilot ground station software.

To change the serial speed on the BT module it is necessary to use a USB/TTL adapter to set the device in "AT" mode which on my module is achieved by holding down a button switch while powering on. In this mode the default speed is set to 38400 baud, so I configured the communication speed on the terminal software to match.

Using the terminal software (Serial USB Terminal on Android phone), I connected to the USB/Serial converter:
AT
OK
AT+UART=57600,0,0
OK

After disconnecting and rebooting, I was able to connect to the ground station at a much faster speed via BT
Last edited by rsilk; Nov 16, 2019 at 04:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply